Tremaine Edmunds named AFC Defensive Player of the Week

nato7412

2 minutes ago, Your Brown Eye said:

Oh boy, that'll make some of the members of the "Edmunds sucks fan boi club" around here mad

Imagine being so dug in on your opinion of a still developing 23 year old LOL. 

39 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Boom. I like those other 2 names too

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Jobot said:

You're spot on.. somehow Tyreek Hill lost to Joe Burrow last week too.. so these things are meaningless.

I don't hate Edmunds either for the record. Just acknowledging that POW awards are given by fans.

POW awards are not given by fans. They are awarded by the NFL. There is of course some measure of subjectivity to them. But we can acknowledge that Edmunds had an incredible game on Sunday, probably the best of his career so far. If he has finally - finally - taken that step we've all waited for, it couldn't have come at a better time. He has a real test this weekend.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

Imagine being so dug in on your opinion of a still developing 23 year old LOL. 

Boom. I like those other 2 names too

Agreed, on 2nd comment.  The fact that Cam Lewis and JaQuan Johnson are next highest rated speaks volumes for how well coached the Bills are on D.  A backup player on the 53 and a call up from the PS.  Downright impressive

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Jobot said:

You're spot on.. somehow Tyreek Hill lost to Joe Burrow last week too.. so these things are meaningless.

I don't hate Edmunds either for the record. Just acknowledging that POW awards are given by fans.

I disagree with basically all of this. These awards aren’t voted on by fans and they definitely are a good indicator of how a player performed any given week. 

47 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So crazy Cam can get activated and play at such a high level so quickly. 

It's a testament to the hard work put in by EVERY player, and the coaching staff teaching/coaching EVERY player.

There is a reason why so many wanted to come back here, this team is about making everyone better together.

Boogie comes in after not starting at all blows up the line to get a Sack on the 2.

This defense is built correctly and the Chiefs have not seen this defense... All the while the Chiefs defense has gotten much worse.

Edited by TBBills

Just for the record though. PFF had him at a 58 or something like that before this game.  So according to the same rating site that people are now posting, he was playing as a bottom tier starting linebacker. So is PFF only accurate when they rate Bills players high? 

Can't both be true? He wasn't playing great and then played a great game?

• Agree 4

1 minute ago, freddyjj said:

Agreed, on 2nd comment.  The fact that Cam Lewis and JaQuan Johnson are next highest rated speaks volumes for how well coached the Bills are on D.  A backup player on the 53 and a call up from the PS.  Downright impressive

This is just a solid ass football team. Top to bottom.

Debates rage over a 2 time pro bowl 23 year old MLB who other teams gush over. That tells you we got a good squad here LOL

• Agree 2

😄

1 hour ago, Gisele said:

I'm no anti-Edmunds, but why??  

Watching the game helps. If you did... yikes

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

This is cool and I’m not trying to be a jerk because Ive never participated and any Edmunds tongue lashings around here, but if 6 tackles and 1 int got it done how non-existent were the rest of NFL defenses this week? Lol

Maybe being the centerpiece to another dominant performance was involved in the voting. 

You answered your own question. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Edmunds critic here: 

• He had a great game against Houston.  
  • Want to see this continue.  
  • He's 23, I still think he'd be better as an OLB, but whatever, he looked great last game.  
  • I really hope this is a thing he keeps up this year.  Perhaps the light finally came on.  We drafted some raw prospects, (him included), and perhaps some of them are turning into solid-great contributors (Knox, Edmunds, etc).  
58 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Just for the record though. PFF had him at a 58 or something like that before this game.  So according to the same rating site that people are now posting, he was playing as a bottom tier starting linebacker. So is PFF only accurate when they rate Bills players high? 

this.  He needs to keep this up.  Last game showed what he can do at top gear.  Needs to be in that gear all the time.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, nato7412 said:

Would ya look at that 

Joe Burrow??  lol WTF.

Cincy almost lost to the Jags and didn't cover despite only  a 7 point spread!  

Mahomes threw 5 TDs and completed 80%.

Jones?  Darnold AND Prescott  were better--in the same game!

Edited by Mr. WEO

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Game changing plays.........high PFF grade...........who knew those were reflective of the kind of excellent play that earns one accolades?

Nice to not have to witness people reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeach for examples of plays where he was a difference maker. 

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

He was playing fine.

Correct.   He wasn't playing impactful football early in the season and then he played a tremendous game Sunday.   It shouldn't have taken PFF grades for anyone to determine that.   Eyeballs would suffice.   Hopefully this game was a turning point for him.    He's had some(few) games in the past where he flashed like this and then didn't maintain though.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

No. I consistently say "***** PFF" no matter how they grade a Bills player.

They're a great source for stats and that's it. Their grades and analysis lack any context.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

They're a great source for stats and that's it. Their grades and analysis lack any context.

That's fair. I have no problem trusting what I see and making my own opinions as I'm sure you do.  I probably have no further insight into the play call and his responsibilities than PFF does. 

In the end it is just an opinion. And if he continues to play well I will be happy because having a young MLB that is playing well is a good thing. But if he plays poorly I'm not going to stop pointing it out for him or any player. Its juat analysis and has nothing to do with my Fandom or wish that they all play well.

Go Bills!

18 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

PFF utilizes amateur 'graders' using broadcast tape to come up with their player grades. Referencing them in any capacity is hilarious.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'm happy that Edmunds had his first strong game of the season. I'm a little surprised it was strong enough to win defensive player of the week, but just glancing at other box scores no other defenders are really popping out. 

Edmunds is already trending for another Pro-Bowl despite playing average (at best) football for 3 out of 4 games with the only quality performance coming against a bottom tier offense starting a 3rd string QB. 

7 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

That's fair. I have no problem trusting what I see and making my own opinions as I'm sure you do.  I probably have no further insight into the play call and his responsibilities than PFF does. 

In the end it is just an opinion. And if he continues to play well I will be happy because having a young MLB that is playing well is a good thing. But if he plays poorly I'm not going to stop pointing it out for him or any player. Its juat analysis and has nothing to do with my Fandom or wish that they all play well.

Go Bills!

I don't completely trust what I see. I watch analysis from more knowledgeable football-heads that put up their all-22 videos each week.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gisele said:

I'm no anti-Edmunds, but why??  

Try to think about what you said, then openly look at what his total responsibilities and individual impact for that game were, and the outcome, as it was measured to be the most dominating defensive effort since 1983 iirc…, 

3 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I can only speak for myself but I couldn't care less what PFF has to say good or bad.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

I'm happy that Edmunds had his first strong game of the season. I'm a little surprised it was strong enough to win defensive player of the week, but just glancing at other box scores no other defenders are really popping out. 

Edmunds is already trending for another Pro-Bowl despite playing average (at best) football for 3 out of 4 games with the only quality performance coming against a bottom tier offense starting a 3rd string QB. 

Similar to his pro bowl honors.  Named because the competition was lacking. He was the best player on a defense registering it’s 2nd shutout in 3 weeks. Honor by default 

• Eyeroll 1

18 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Try to think about what you said, then openly look at what his total responsibilities and individual impact for that game were, and the outcome, as it was measured to be the most dominating defensive effort since 1983 iirc…, 

How's this?  I love every one of our players and think they are all the absolute best at their position.  Let's move on

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.