Even Josh Allen agrees we need a dome... :P

Camisado

Josh: "I got into a zone today. When it's spinning off your hand and you know what the ball's doing, what the tail's doing, that's kind of what I felt today," Allen said. "I understood where my guys were. Coach Daboll called a great game plan, our guys did a great job of executing, and yeah, in a dome type of setting with no wind and no cold, you know, when the ball's spinning off your hands, you feel like you have supreme control, and that's kind of what I felt tonight."

Source: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30473744/cole-beasley-josh-allen-lead-first-place-buffalo-bills-rare-victory-monday-night-football

(Disclaimer: this is meant to be taken lightly, while I do think a dome stadium is enticing, I understand there are definitely cons to it as well)

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I’ve been anti-dome for a long time, but I see how the league is changing. You need an elite QB to win games, and ours looks like a potential great. Bad weather does nothing but neutralize every advantage the team with an elite QB has. I just wish it didn’t have to be a downtown stadium, I simply wish the stadium in OP had a dome. 

• Like (+1) 2

He really does look like a different Qb playing in a dome or ideal conditions.  While his arm is suited for the cold weather, maybe he isn’t.  Poor conditions 💯 have a negative effect on our bread and butter, the passing game.  Wether or not it should, because he has a strong arm to cut through the wind, is irrelevant.  Having our passing offense perform at its high lest level gives us our best chance to win.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Maybe we can build one in Lancaster? 

Joking???

That was one of the original plans.

I grew up in a couple miles from the intended site and all my Mom used to say is she was so happy it never happened.

At the time I didn’t understand why. Funny what adulthood does to your perception of things.

• Like (+1) 3

I would imagine a new stadium is tabled for the next few-several years now with the impact of COVID and a future where more viruses or strains pop up.

A smaller stadium was probably in the cards before if the plan was / is for the Buffalo waterfront. Now it might be a consideration to reduce it more 🤷🏻‍♂️?

I have been in favor of a retractable roof since all the talk about replacing started. It’s the best of both worlds. It can be open in good weather and closed in bad weather... or even have a clause to keep it open if a bad-weather game is ever wanted?... and closed in winter months so the stadium can be used for other events like NCAA tourney, NCAA hockey, concerts, gymnastic events, etc. All of the Grand Slam tennis tournaments now have retractable roofs... for two weeks of use per year. It should be do-able for NFL. Gonna take some investment by the Pegulas and probably a little side help from the league and the state.

• Like (+1) 4

19 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

I think Covid slows it.  Allen leading the Bills to playoff wins will spurn the movement for a stadium.  Most likley dome.  

A dome make sense too if they want to use it for more than just football. As a multiuse stadium makes sense if plan on putting it downtown or at the waterfront. 

• Like (+1) 2

The way this team is designed, actually getting playoff games in Buffalo in the worst months of winter could be a BIG negative.  We aren't built to run, and as strong as Josh's arm is, it would still put us at a big disadvantage if there was bad weather.

I'm all in on the dome.  We should hopefully be hosting a lot of playoff games in the years ahead.

• Like (+1) 1

If you want precision passing....play in a dome. 

Any QB will tell you, they would rather play in a dome in an empty stadium with NO NOISE. 

So when you Bills fans get back in the stadium keep your traps shut during offensive drives.

• Like (+1) 1

I've been pro-dome since a new stadium started getting talked about. I know it's great to play in the elements and some fans love being out in it, but personally I'd love to attend a game in December inside a nice cozy dome, not freezing to death. I also prefer watching good offensive football. I know our snow game a few years back was alot of fun, but honestly I would hate that kind of game on a regular basis (yes I know they're rare), just making the point that I'd rather have offensive shootouts vs running on 3 downs 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

God yes give us a dome stadium.  Downtown would be a bad idea though.

I love the current setup, but ideally if they were gonna build a dome I would also hope it’s not downtown.  Having it where the rumors were saying (Canalside/Cobblestone district) would all but kill the tailgating scene I think.  Would be good for local businesses though at least .

8 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Is this a thinly veiled plan to move the team to Canada? 

Hamilton Bills has a nice ring to it!  Plus, low taxes in Canada.

59 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I’ve been anti-dome for a long time, but I see how the league is changing. You need an elite QB to win games, and ours looks like a potential great. Bad weather does nothing but neutralize every advantage the team with an elite QB has. I just wish it didn’t have to be a downtown stadium, I simply wish the stadium in OP had a dome. 

I dont even think had weather even plays a big part anymore. Giant heaters on the sidelines, way better equipped etc...but I am all for a dome lol.

42 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Let’s cross that bridge when we come to it

If this economy having problems and all of the pandemic stuff, I would have thought the negotiations would have led to a Indy type stadium with a retractable dome in the first ward right by the Buff News building so near the Pegulaville they are creating.  I thought maybe 202-23. Now, we’ll have to see. I still think that is the final spot and I do think that is the type of stadium they want and we can use the retractible stadium to our advantage.  It’s our choice when we open or close.

From a business standpoint for them between their plaza, hotel, Sabres, etc.., and affordable real estate, this makes the absolute most sense.  Don’t be surprised if the Pegulas don’t build another hotel or two to capture revenue and then compete for other NFL venues like the combine.  They are not dumb owners.  They didn’t build that much wealth by accident if you look at their history.

20 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Any QB will tell you, they would rather play in a dome in an empty stadium with NO NOISE. 

So when you Bills fans get back in the stadium keep your traps shut during offensive drives.

I'd promise you, but I'll be too drunk to ever keep that promise. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I've been pro-dome since a new stadium started getting talked about. I know it's great to play in the elements and some fans love being out in it, but personally I'd love to attend a game in December inside a nice cozy dome, not freezing to death. I also prefer watching good offensive football. I know our snow game a few years back was alot of fun, but honestly I would hate that kind of game on a regular basis (yes I know they're rare), just making the point that I'd rather have offensive shootouts vs running on 3 downs 

Yep, something happened about when I turned 30 where cold outdoor games were no longer fun. It had been years since I attended a game, and I had fond memories of cold weather games. The actual experience felt much different years later. 

Edited by SirAndrew

54 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Joking???

That was one of the original plans.

I grew up in a couple miles from the intended site and all my Mom used to say is she was so happy it never happened.

At the time I didn’t understand why. Funny what adulthood does to your perception of things.

Are you a fellow Lancaster High guy?

1 hour ago, Mat68 said:

I think Covid slows it.  Allen leading the Bills to playoff wins will spurn the movement for a stadium.  Most likley dome.  

I’m sure there will be high level business meetings about it. 

29 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Andrew Cuomo is more then willing to help buffalo with this

Just send him the bill

Yes upstate NY is his top priority.  

1 hour ago, Camisado said:

Josh: "I got into a zone today. When it's spinning off your hand and you know what the ball's doing, what the tail's doing, that's kind of what I felt today," Allen said. "I understood where my guys were. Coach Daboll called a great game plan, our guys did a great job of executing, and yeah, in a dome type of setting with no wind and no cold, you know, when the ball's spinning off your hands, you feel like you have supreme control, and that's kind of what I felt tonight."

Source: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30473744/cole-beasley-josh-allen-lead-first-place-buffalo-bills-rare-victory-monday-night-football

(Disclaimer: this is meant to be taken lightly, while I do think a dome stadium is enticing, I understand there are definitely cons to it as well)

I was hoping someone else caught this. Our tam hasn't really exploited home field "advantage" in bad weather for quite a long time now. 

In poor conditions, it usually leads to an uglier, mistake filled game where the offense struggles. It seems to hurt just as much as help.

But now we have great players at the WR positions and a QB who can get the ball to them. We can really air it out, potentially for the next decade+

On top of that, we have some of the loudest and most passionate fans. An indoor stadium would boost that crowd noise even further. After hearing how loud it was in Reliant Stadium a couple years ago with plenty of empty seats, I could only imagine how loud a capacity crowd of Bills fans would be in our own dome.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ramza86 said:

Lee Smith really, really, really must have put you in a bad mood.