Eagles HC Pederson on the hot seat with job status

Greg S

3 minutes ago, foreboding said:

They won't fire him, if they do he's probably a HC somewhere else, this year. I think they have a talent problem (maybe QB) and he is not the GM and it wasn't that long ago he was toast of the league.

Watching their offense in the first half last night was painful. They didn't pick up a first down until the final drive of the half when they finally scored.

Edited by Greg S

6 minutes ago, foreboding said:

They won't fire him, if they do he's probably a HC somewhere else, this year. I think they have a talent problem (maybe QB) and he is not the GM and it wasn't that long ago he was toast of the league.

Wentz has regressed more than any other QB I can remember. He has no anticipation, no pocket presence, and is all over the place with his passes these days. 

• Like (+1) 2

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30430044/philadelphia-eagles-coach-doug-pederson-given-no-assurance-finish-season

Philadelphia Eagles coach Doug Pederson said he has received no assurances from the front office that he will keep his job for the remainder of the season, but is "not going there mentally" when it comes to his job security.

Winning the super bowl was huge. So he’ll get more job offers. But these coordinators aren’t looking so hot after leaving Andy Reid. I like to joke he makes them a playbook when they leave and they start out real hot, but once defenses have it and it’s time for adjustments they are starting to look really bad. Nagy and Pederson as offensive minds yet both teams are better defensively. 

55 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

And yet, his team still in contention for even winning their division outright. :w00t:

(saddest sack division that it is...)

Thats kind of even more pathetic for doug pederson really lol Cowboys lose their quarterback and their backup qb for 2 games...giants lose saquon in week 2 and are clearly rebuilding...Washington had to make a qb change mid-season cuz haskins wasn't buying in...and despite all that eagles are 2nd in the division with 3 wins? Insane

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

He's from the Reid tree with McD.

If Daboll gets a HC job, I'm not against bringing him in as OC.

Without Reich their offense has stunk

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Wentz has regressed more than any other QB I can remember. He has no anticipation, no pocket presence, and is all over the place with his passes these days. 

He's also playing behind the worst online I can remember and is getting beaten to a pulp every snap. Some of it is on Wentz but there aren't a lot of QBs who would look good in that situation.

And they are dropping like flies... 😁

2 hours ago, foreboding said:

the problem is the talent on the club..not the qb.  Not the HC.

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Wasn't Frank Reich their OC when there offense was actually good?

1 hour ago, That's No Moon said:

Without Reich their offense has stunk

He's also playing behind the worst online I can remember and is getting beaten to a pulp every snap. Some of it is on Wentz but there aren't a lot of QBs who would look good in that situation.

I think yall mean Nick Foles.

Carson Wentz STINKS

6 hours ago, foreboding said:

Their talent problem is on OL and at WR.  Wentz has no time and no one gets open in the time they have. 

You know how Josh Allen didn't look as good last Sunday because he had people in his face a lot of the time?  Like that, only worse, with bad knees, worse OL, and with no outlets instead of outlets he doesn't take.

That said Pederson could try to do better to give Wentz some quick answers.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

NO. 

Pederson, in case you haven't noticed, is the OC this season.  He decided Mike Groh was the problem and he'd do it himself.  That's a little bit Ego there.

Now their OL sucks, but Pederson is absolutely not helping Wentz out with the play design.

I think Frank Reich and John DeFilippo had a lot more to do with the Iggles SB run then we knew at the time.  And retread HC are often a problem as coordinators.

So I'm a "no"

1 hour ago, Penfield45 said:

Schwartz and mcd would be a dream combo 

You guys.  "Dream combo" in the "nightmare" sense.  McDermott and Frazier work smoothly together because they have a similar offensive philosophy.

Schwartz not so much plus he's got him a serious ego.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I think Howie Roseman and Jim Schwartz are out. The team plays hard for Pederson. The problem for   Pederson is the league is solving RPO and Wentz doesn't have the mobility he had. They used to generate a lot of offense off RPO. 

Roseman has lost his drafting and pro personnel magic. They have a lot of ok players but few great players. The great players are getting old. His free agents never play because of injuries.   

The Schwartz defense fools no one. 

The Eagles are closer to a full rebuild than they are contenders. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Zero chance of Pederson accepting an OC job and only slightly greater chance of him getting canned.  It’s not Pederson’s fault that Wentz sucks, although he does deserve some blame for leaving him out there.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Their talent problem is on OL and at WR.  Wentz has no time and no one gets open in the time they have. 

You know how Josh Allen didn't look as good last Sunday because he had people in his face a lot of the time?  Like that, only worse, with bad knees, and with no outlets instead of outlets he doesn't take.

That said Pederson could try to do better to give Wentz some quick answers.

With all due respect, you sound like Brian Griese.  Wentz is completely shot.  He can’t process what’s in front of him and can’t get the ball to open receivers (yes, there are plenty of those).  The o-line and WRs aren’t great, but they aren’t any worse than what Herbert has to work with, and they are miles better than what Allen had in 2018. If Pederson deserves criticism, it’s for not playing Hurts.

• Like (+1) 1