WEEK TWO: A+

WEEK THREE: B+

WEEK FOUR: A-

WEEK FIVE: B-

WEEK SIX: D

WEEK SEVEN: D+

WEEK EIGHT: A

11/18 - 61% completion - 154 yards - 1 INT - 23 yards rushing - 1 TD

The good: We beat the Pats and Josh Allen was the reason. We ran the ball well today but that is because the Patriots had to respect the pass and the arm of our franchise QB. His audible play call to John Brown for that quick pass was awesome next level stuff!

The bad: The INT was a miscommunication with Diggs, and Stefon was event seen on the sideline telling Josh "my bad". That game swung the momentum and brought the Pats back in it, but again it was not Josh Allens fault at all so it shouldn't count.

The ugly: Gabe Davis not being able to catch what should have been the game winning TD. Josh threw is right on target but Davis couldn't catch it. Maybe the wind caught it towards the end but I will just chalk it up as a rookie mistake that he will learn from.

Glass half full: We beat the Pats. We are 4-0 in the division and sitting pretty nice in the standings. I am guessing NE goes to Stidham next week and honestly I think the Dolphins are better with Fitz so let's see how they take the rest of the season. The division is ours for the taking. Let's just get better each week as we head into the playoffs.

Glass half empty: Schedule gets tough from here. Real tough. Can we make it out while improving in the games we lose?

GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, Real McNasty said:

Will go B as the O stumbled a lot in the first half. Josh wasn't asked to put the entire team on his shoulders but executed when he had to. The INT was on Diggs but the induced sack sucked and was Allen's bonehead play of the game. Solid day and another W. 

Yep that was probably his worst play of the day, and it stood out because he's usually really on the ball knowing his situation and surroundings.

• Like (+1) 1

OK I really don't understand your grading now. Usually I argue you are too hard on the grading or I agrees with you I think one of the weeks. Now you give him an A? I mean he wasn't terrible but you think he played his second best game this week? Entirely disagree. 

• Like (+1) 1

I would say C. Great second half but a suspect first half. At a minimum the Bills should have had a 10 point lead in the first half with the ball to start half two. But this team just couldn't put much together other than the one TD drive and then the one other time the offense got deep it resulted in a turnover.

3 minutes ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

If we’re striving for “A” performances from Josh Allen and if this was one of them then we need to look for another QB. 11-18 for 154 yards and that’s an A? No way. He was a C at best today. 

I still think he’s the franchise, but he was average at best today. 

The narrative was supposed to be that he "made a huge step in the offseason" and the single most important thing that occurred with this team in our first 4 games was the offense.  Finally, we had the elite passer and high power offense we have wanted since Jim Kelly was around.  And it felt good!  

That's all gone now and it's been that way for a month.

Is it going to come back?  When?

Which Josh Allen is the rule and which is the exception to the rule?

im not sure if its josh or daboll. They need to develop the underneath / dink and dunk game / quick hitters/ crossers  more. Youre not going to hit long balls in bad weather. Especially against pass rush / blitz / 3rd down. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

The bad: The INT was a miscommunication with Diggs, and Stefon was event seen on the sideline telling Josh "my bad". That game swung the momentum and brought the Pats back in it, but again it was not Josh Allens fault at all so it shouldn't count

GO BILLS!

The defender his Diggs outside area 5 yards from line of scrimmage pushing Diggs outside when Allen was throwing it inside.

Referee should take part of fault.

I would say a solid B, the rookie should've had that TD catch and Diggs was in the wrong on the INT. Allen made enough plays to win with his legs and arm to keep us in the game on a crazy weather day. The Defense on the other hand has all F's this season, they are so bad that I have stopped watching them play. 

32 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I love Josh but I think A is a bit generous.

I would say B- or B at best.

You are certainly right about NE respecting his arm though as it did open up the running game .

If we can keep running the ball like that the passing game will be back like week 2

Largely the only issue people have here is with the 18 attempts. Josh stayed patient, the Bills attacked New England's weakness and the offense worked. 

Unfortunately Davis dropped a TD pass, also.

The best thing I saw from Josh today were his audibles. The run play to Moss before the TD and the screen pass to John Brown were good examples of pre-snap recognition from Allen.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Whatever grading system the OP is basing his/her grades on is giving me whiplash. Geesh!

Josh was a B today. He did what he needed to do. Thought the long ball to Diggs should have had a hold called and the would-have-been TD to Davis should have been a TD. 

47 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

The bad: The INT was a miscommunication with Diggs, and Stefon was event seen on the sideline telling Josh "my bad". That game swung the momentum and brought the Pats back in it, but again it was not Josh Allens fault at all so it shouldn't count.

Yeah, and I'll be curious when people look at the all 22.  Seeing it live, it looked to me that if Diggs crosses in front of the DB toward the post, Josh hits him in stride and he's gone.