Housch$$ released

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Was he?

I know it feels that way, since he was the last kicker we had.

But Dan Carpenter had a good run before him, and even Rian Lindell had a decent run. Until they dropped off the shelf, just like Hauschka did.

its interesting how that occurs.  One day a guy is drilling 55 yards with room to spare, next thing they barely hit XPs...

13 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Weird timing. He must have really stunk. Otherwise you keep him through near final cuts just in case. 

I am not confident going into the season with a rookie K.

Wasn’t confident with hauschka either. Cam sign better on the street in this case and there’s minimal effort to integrate a new guy.

15 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Weird timing. He must have really stunk. Otherwise you keep him through near final cuts just in case. 

I am not confident going into the season with a rookie K.

He didn't stink. Bass was more or less equal to him. If that's the case, Bass is cheaper, so...

11 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

they better be damn sure bass is the man cause kicking is maybe the second most important position in football.  look at the bears, vikings, titans and others who at times couldn't buy a kicker and lose nailbiting games in the regular season and playoffs.  look at the titans games last year with what 4 missed fgs?  

Detroit is the all-time heart-breaking critical missed FG Champion!

5 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

The Youth movement continues..still going with Bozo punting though it seems lol Maybe next draft

I don’t think so..

17 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Good.  Him and his wife can leave town.

Yeah, all he did is go 4-4 in the playoff game including hitting a 47 yarder at the buzzer.  47 yard FGs under pressure are notoriously difficult.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NickelCity said:

We might lose a game because of Bass, but it would be hard to have cut Bass for Haushka even so. 

It’s a risk.  K is a very important position these days and if the Bills are wrong, this could cost them a game or two.  On the other hand, Bass could well be an upgrade, and a star in the making.

21 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Was he?

I know it feels that way, since he was the last kicker we had.

But Dan Carpenter had a good run before him, and even Rian Lindell had a decent run. Until they dropped off the shelf, just like Hauschka did.

LoL Lindell... Nickname: Mr. Automatic miss from 45+

6 minutes ago, buffalonian said:

I think it's pronounced Bass, but don't quote me on that. 

Does he have a large mouth or a small mouth?

27 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

Probably the best kicker the Bills have had during the drought era. He struggled a bit last year but was excellent in the playoff game.

Seemed like a really good dude too. Hopefully he catches on somewhere.

This was a great moment..

Sure was. I would have bet anything he was missing that kick and drilled it twice. I still haven’t fully recovered from that game, probably never will unless we hoist the Lombardi. Don’t think I’ve ever been at a game that I’ve been so up & down at various points. 

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

The Youth movement continues..still going with Bozo punting though it seems lol Maybe next draft

What’s good, gents? What’s good? 

This BOJO character reminds YE OLE of Fred sans the talent and production. He just keeps hanging around. Perhaps one day we will have a thread debating whether BOJO will go on the Wall.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

Probably the best kicker the Bills have had during the drought era. He struggled a bit last year but was excellent in the playoff game.

Seemed like a really good dude too. Hopefully he catches on somewhere.

This was a great moment..

Be honest.....How many of you were feeling sick before this play when we knew it was going to be a 47 yard field goal?