Bucs apparently shopping OJ HOWARD

Would you trade for OJ Howard?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. What would you trade for OJ Howard

• I would NOT trade for him and stick with what we have
    • Yes, I’d give this years 3rd rounder if needed
    • Yes, but wouldn’t offer more than our 4th
    • Yes, but only for a 5th or lower
    • Yes, but for other compensation (post below)

Man I would look into this if I was Beane and see what the cost would be.  What would you be willing to trade for him?  Him and Knox would stress the middle of the D so bad while Diggs, Brown and Cole terrorize the secondary 

https://twitter.com/i/events/1250553008716427268

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2

I would definitely do it for our third. We still need more talent on offense. 

Only hesitation is that next year the draft is supposed to be loaded with good TEs. Also, the timing will be better as I fully expect Kroft to be gone after this year. Bringing in Howard now would leave us with a pretty crowded TE room. 

It if works with the cap though I would definitely be on board with ditching Kroft now and bringing in Howard. 

29 minutes ago, Augie said:

Why would they trade him with Brady coming in? If it’s just to piss off Brady, I’m on board! 

Gronk coming out of retirement to link up with Brady in TB???

Edited by Process
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, WMDman said:

What did he do?

nothing. He bobbled a catch in which the ball slipped down by his hip as he was turning. He tried to transition the ball to his other hand around his back because the ball was slipping out backwards. Got hit as he was attempting this, and the ball popped out and right into the defender’s hands. Turnover. It was NOT a showboat move or whatever else this disingenuous poster is trying to imply. The way the ball was slipping out there really was no other option.

• Like (+1) 3

I have watched almost every Bucs game over the last 4 seasons...Howard is frustrating...he has so much talent, and every time you think he has started to assert himself as a major presence, he disappears again. I would definitely be interested, if the cost wasn't more than a later round pick.  I thought Arians would do more with him this past season...and lord knows their passing game was super high powered...but OJ wasn't a big factor most games...not sure what it says about him. The Bucs passing game is fully stocked, with or without him.  Winston was more comfortable with the other tight ends, for some reason.  On  a team with less receiving talent, I still think he could emerge as a really good receiving tight end.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

nothing. He bobbled a catch in which the ball slipped down by his hip as he was turning. He tried to transition the ball to his other hand around his back because the ball was slipping out backwards. Got hit as he was attempting this, and the ball popped out and right into the defender’s hands. Turnover. It was NOT a showboat move or whatever else this disingenuous poster is trying to imply. The way the ball was slipping out there really was no other option.

I didn’t think it was a showboat move, it was just a play that showed how out of it this guy is during games. If I remember correctly Arians had a comment after this game as well. 

I have a hard time believing he is focused on football. 

8 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

I didn’t think it was a showboat move, it was just a play that showed how out of it this guy is during games. If I remember correctly Arians had a comment after this game as well. 

I have a hard time believing he is focused on football. 

because he bobbled an easy catch? If that’s the case then there’s quite a few guys around the league that are “out of it” by your definition. Look I’m not a Howard fan at all, but you’re reaching. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

because he bobbled an easy catch? If that’s the case then there’s quite a few guys around the league that are “out of it” by your definition. Look I’m not a Howard fan at all, but you’re reaching. 

In fairness I have grown to dislike him so you might be right. He had every chance to succeed but was rarely ever better than Cameron Brate. The Sammy Watkins of TE. Fooled me. 

11 hours ago, CommonCents said:

In fairness I have grown to dislike him so you might be right. He had every chance to succeed but was rarely ever better than Cameron Brate. The Sammy Watkins of TE. Fooled me. 

That’s fine. I wouldn’t trade anything for him either and voted that way above. He’s never impressed me. But some people are still convinced something’s there because he was a very high pick, I suppose.

Edited by JoPoy88
  • Like (+1) 2

It's a big bet on if he can put it together or if there is a part time role for him. You also have to assess how many guys with issues you can bring into your culture without affecting it too heavily. Diggs issues are something to address, but a guy being 'too intense' is a totally different problem than a super talented guy who's interests lie outside of football except for collecting his paycheck. 

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Never played a full season. Never had more than 34 catches in any season. That being said, his physical presence is undeniable. I voted a 4th. But I could probably be talked into the 3rd. 

I must have seen basically all of his best games-I swear I have seen at least 10 of his catches in a couple of games.

5th and lower. The problem with OJ Howard is the same as when he was overdrafted out of Alabama. The potential is there. The production is not. I have heard every excuse under the sun for why he never seems to have the production but the fact is he never seems to have the production. 

• Like (+1) 6

First thought was, I’d give up a 3rd for him. He’s talented.  I always liked him.  Then I looked at his contract.  1 year left. 1st rd pick minimum production that a pretty good coach doesn’t like. 

I’d rather keep our third round pick 100%..  that would be a terrible trade imo.  I love our scouting department. I feel that whoever we draft in round 3 will be better than Howard AND is under a minimal contract for 4 years.  Pass.

id give up a 5th.  Wouldn’t even give up our 4th

Edited by NewEra

Meh, hasn't done it by now ...

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Arians hates TEs

Going to Tampa is such a bad move for Tom. He desperately needs a TE at this stage of his career and plays short ball whereas Bruce loves the deep ball. Im sure he told Tom he would cater to him, but this move shows he isnt.

5 hours ago, Process said:

I would definitely do it for our third. We still need more talent on offense. 

Only hesitation is that next year the draft is supposed to be loaded with good TEs. Also, the timing will be better as I fully expect Kroft to be gone after this year. Bringing in Howard now would leave us with a pretty crowded TE room. 

It if works with the cap though I would definitely be on board with ditching Kroft now and bringing in Howard. 

Gronk coming out of retirement to link up with Brady in TB???

If they traded for Howard, my guess is they would cut Smith and Kroft is there was money to save which I believe is approximately $8 mil.  Although I like Howard, I’m ambivalent if we traded for him or not.

Oh, and I went with a 4th.

8 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Man I would look into this if I was Beane and see what the cost would be.  What would you be willing to trade for him?  Him and Knox would stress the middle of the D so bad while Diggs, Brown and Cole terrorize the secondary 

https://twitter.com/i/events/1250553008716427268

I would give them a third rounder next year or 4th rounder this year,  TE with speed would only make our offense more dangerous.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, CommonCents said:

Super athletic, fragile, knucklehead. If he did that behind the back move while playing for McD he may have been cut at halftime. 

Yeah I don’t want anything to do with OJ Howard, he is just not very good at football. His hands are totally unreliable.

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

If they traded for Howard, my guess is they would cut Smith and Kroft is there was money to save which I believe is approximately $8 mil.  Although I like Howard, I’m ambivalent if we traded for him or not.

Oh, and I went with a 4th.

After his restructure the savings on Kroft are less than $500k and he would leave $5m dead cap. Kroft is almost certainly here for 2020. 

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

5th and lower. The problem with OJ Howard is the same as when he was overdrafted out of Alabama. The potential is there. The production is not. I have heard every excuse under the sun for why he never seems to have the production but the fact is he never seems to have the production. 

The Sammy Watkins of TE’s.

5th or lower. At this point you’re buying the name and not much else. Talented but hasn’t produced. 

i still don’t believe in our TE group. I think adding another TE would be a smart idea. I like Knox and think he can take a step this year. Kroft I have no hope for at this point.

9 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

You mean a poster in here would actually attempt to spin a situation to fit a flawed narrative?  Say it ain’t so!

• Thank you (+1) 1