Bucs apparently shopping OJ HOWARD

Would you trade for OJ Howard?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. What would you trade for OJ Howard

• I would NOT trade for him and stick with what we have
    • Yes, I’d give this years 3rd rounder if needed
    • Yes, but wouldn’t offer more than our 4th
    • Yes, but only for a 5th or lower
    • Yes, but for other compensation (post below)

10 hours ago, CommonCents said:

Super athletic, fragile, knucklehead. If he did that behind the back move while playing for McD he may have been cut at halftime. 

How is Howard a knucklehead?  Everything I’ve heard is he is a great dude.  

and this makes zero sense.  Talent wise, he is as good as any TE in the nfl and Brady loves tight ends (?) and 2 TEs sets.  I think this is fake news but I’d throw a 3rd at them to see if they bite.  I still believe in him.  He was a beast in college and was underutilized.

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Process said:

I would definitely do it for our third. We still need more talent on offense. 

Only hesitation is that next year the draft is supposed to be loaded with good TEs. Also, the timing will be better as I fully expect Kroft to be gone after this year. Bringing in Howard now would leave us with a pretty crowded TE room. 

It if works with the cap though I would definitely be on board with ditching Kroft now and bringing in Howard. 

Gronk coming out of retirement to link up with Brady in TB???

I've heard analysts saying the exact opposite. 

That it is a poor Tight End draft, with the highest grade being low 2nd Round pick. 

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Arians hates TEs

I think TB will be good but this would be a worry.  I think Arians is one of the best offensive coaches but man, you gotta do what’s made Brady so good. 

2 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

No. I think Knox will take a few steps forward this season.

Howard is leaps and bounds better than Knox.  It’s not even close. 

"Tom, if you sign with us, you'll have a big athletic tight end like you had for several years in Gronkowski." 

"Sorry, Tom.  We have to get rid of our big athletic tight end because we spent too much money on you."

Love it!

10 hours ago, CommonCents said:

I didn’t think it was a showboat move, it was just a play that showed how out of it this guy is during games. If I remember correctly Arians had a comment after this game as well. 

I have a hard time believing he is focused on football. 

Because they don’t use him.  They spent a 1st on him and don’t even try to get him the ball. He averages 15.5 ypc which is crazy for a TE!  

this is the type of guy who gets traded and blows up for another team.  And then everyone is like oh yeah, that guy is super talented 

Knox is better than Howard.  I'd roll with our current TE room.  If we can get him for a 5th, then okay, but that'd be about it.  And I'm thinking that a 5th may even be high, given Bean's record of drafting well.  (Milano).  

• Haha (+1) 1

It makes no sense for Tampa to trade him. He’s getting paid less than $2m this year.  He’s that bad now that you don’t even wait to see how he does with Brady?  I might give them Kroft for him but with everything up in the air as to when the team can start working out together, I’m not sure I’d even make that trade as familiarity has to be factored in.  

Just now, RyanC883 said:

Knox is better than Howard.  I'd roll with our current TE room.  If we can get him for a 5th, then okay, but that'd be about it.  And I'm thinking that a 5th may even be high, given Bean's record of drafting well.  (Milano).  

Haha, how is Knox better than Howard?  Because he’s on the Bills?  There is zero evidence to back up this claim.  

I mean it’s ok not to be a complete homer about everything Bills related.  There isn’t a GM in the nfl that would pick Knox over Howard.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha, how is Knox better than Howard?  Because he’s on the Bills?  There is zero evidence to back up this claim.  

I mean it’s ok not to be a complete homer about everything Bills related.  There isn’t a GM in the nfl that would pick Knox over Howard.

um, look at their stats last season.  Howard is on a team with Brate as another TE, and a loaded WR room, and a QB who throws all the time.  Still, average production.  Howard should be going nuts.  Yeah, I'd take Knox over Howard.  And I'm not a homer about everything Bills related.  

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So if the Bucs trade Howard, who comes into take his place?

would the Pats** need to trade Rob to Tampa?  

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

um, look at their stats last season.  Howard is on a team with Brate as another TE, and a loaded WR room, and a QB who throws all the time.  Still, average production.  Howard should be going nuts.  Yeah, I'd take Knox over Howard.  And I'm not a homer about everything Bills related.  

Howard still had more yards than Knox. 

As has been said, if the Bucs are (for the 2nd year in a row) shopping Howard when Brady loves TE's, he's not all that.  Pass.

6 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Yes.

Edited by Doc

1 minute ago, Doc said:

As has been said, if the Bucs are (for the 2nd year in a row) shopping Howard when Brady loves TE's, he's not all that.  Pass.

Yes.

interesting.  I wonder what they would want in return?  A first?  

3 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

interesting.  I wonder what they would want in return?  A first?  

They could ask for anything.  If they don't want him playing for anyone else, a 1st or more could be their play.

O.J. Howard is not a player we need here. I'm really not understanding some fans this year at all. You want to bury Knox on the depth chart with a bum like Howard who has had plenty of time and opportunity to develop in TB, he reminds me very much of Eric Ebron, very athletic but can't put it all together. I want Knox to continue to develop as our #1, he looked the part in a handful of games last season. I feel the same way about Devin Singletary and people wanting a 2nd round RB justy opinion though.

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

O.J. Howard is not a player we need here. I'm really not understanding some fans this year at all. You want to bury Knox on the depth chart with a bum like Howard who has had plenty of time and opportunity to develop in TB, he reminds me very much of Eric Ebron, very athletic but can't put it all together. I want Knox to continue to develop as our #1, he looked the part in a handful of games last season. I feel the same way about Devin Singletary and people wanting a 2nd round RB.

I thought Knox had some moments but come on now.  If Howard is a bum, what does that make Knox and his far worse drop rate?  And it’s hilarious you mention Ebron.  A guy who changed teams and then had 13 tds.  

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

I thought Knox had some moments but come on now.  If Howard is a bum, what does that make Knox and his far worse drop rate?  And it’s hilarious you mention Ebron.  A guy who changed teams and then had 13 tds.  

You realize Knox was a rookie who missed most of training camp last year, right?  How about we give him another season before looking to replace him with a guy whose original team has been trying to trade for the past 2 years?

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

If you consider contracts, Knox is way more valuable imo.  

Knox under contract for 3 years and Howard under contract for one before he wants to get paid and has achieved zilch

12 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Man I would look into this if I was Beane and see what the cost would be.  What would you be willing to trade for him?  Him and Knox would stress the middle of the D so bad while Diggs, Brown and Cole terrorize the secondary 

https://twitter.com/i/events/1250553008716427268

What has he done to make you think he's worth assets?  He's been below underwhelming.  Now with a QB who loves TE's coming in Tampa is looking to trade him?  No thanks.   I'd rather let Knox continue to get reps.

If this is by some chance true it would rank right up there with what O'Brien did with Hopkins especially brining in Brady knowing his history with good TE's in the league i think this is speculation or a smoke screen .

Either that or this kid isn't anything near what his college tape showed him to be & if they are getting rid of him what is the scoop on him Arians could use this guy with Brady at the helm on offense don't see it happening .

4 minutes ago, T master said:

If this is by some chance true it would rank right up there with what O'Brien did with Hopkins especially brining in Brady knowing his history with good TE's in the league i think this is speculation or a smoke screen .

Either that or this kid isn't anything near what his college tape showed him to be & if they are getting rid of him what is the scoop on him Arians could use this guy with Brady at the helm on offense don't see it happening .

What did his college tape show him to be? He was drafted in the 1st round based on potential not on the basis of college production.

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

What did his college tape show him to be? He was drafted in the 1st round based on potential not on the basis of college production.

From anything i had heard of him coming out of college is that this guy was the next Gronk type TE projected to be a great player in the NFL by the "Experts" given what he did in college & apparently what they saw on his college tape i'm thinking because if you don't play well in college which is before your NFL career there won't be much hype & he had a bunch of hype coming into his draft .

Too wouldn't your potential be based off of what the again "Experts" saw of him on his game tape from college ? ??

1 minute ago, T master said:

From anything i had heard of him coming out of college is that this guy was the next Gronk type TE projected to be a great player in the NFL by the "Experts" given what he did in college & apparently what they saw on his college tape i'm thinking because if you don't play well in college which is before your NFL career there won't be much hype & he had a bunch of hype coming into his draft .

Too wouldn't your potential be based off of what the again "Experts" saw of him on his game tape from college ? ??

I think he is just a case where a lot of the "experts" guessed and were wrong. We discussed this in the shout box earlier today.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I think he is just a case where a lot of the "experts" guessed and were wrong. We discussed this in the shout box earlier today.

Given Brady's history with TE's if the kid still has any talent slightly comparable to what he showed in college Brady might be the guy to bring that out of him as for the "Experts" they have been wrong on a lot of players in the draft so it wouldn't surprise me if they were wrong on him .

That's another thing i like about Beane & company they seem to find the diamond in the rough the guy that in their college career was under utilized or hyped due to what they did in college like Knox & Singletary sure he will have miss steps here & there like the KB trade but so far his draft choices & observations of players in the draft have been good for the team .

Go Bills !! 

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I think you have to look at the potential of knox.....not what he did his rookie season?

Like i said, Knox did some good things.  I hated the pick because of his college production.  But Howard’s potential is so much higher than Knox.  I think Howard could be the best TE in the nfl in the right situation.  TB would be dumb to trade a talented player like this for what they would get back. 

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

The Bills have enough passing game weapons as is.

Need to hold onto our remaining draft picks and keep the cupboard full of young players we can develop. 

I really hope the Bills don’t think like this.  They lack size and our TEs aren’t anything special. 

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Like i said, Knox did some good things.  I hated the pick because of his college production.  But Howard’s potential is so much higher than Knox.  I think Howard could be the best TE in the nfl in the right situation.  TB would be dumb to trade a talented player like this for what they would get back. 

I really hope the Bills don’t think like this.  They lack size and our TEs aren’t anything special. 

Knox is 6'4 and Kroft is 6'6. 

How much bigger are we supposed to get a tight end?

11 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Knox was a rookie who actually looked really good, he looked like we drafted TJ Hockenson at times. I meant the same Ebron who was with Detroit and didn't produce. I saw enough of Knox that I want to see plenty more before bringing in guys who have failed elsewhere. It doesn't necessarily mean I think he's the next Tony Gonzalez but he showed promise for sure.

20 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

O.J. Howard is not a player we need here. I'm really not understanding some fans this year at all. You want to bury Knox on the depth chart with a bum like Howard who has had plenty of time and opportunity to develop in TB, he reminds me very much of Eric Ebron, very athletic but can't put it all together. I want Knox to continue to develop as our #1, he looked the part in a handful of games last season. I feel the same way about Devin Singletary and people wanting a 2nd round RB justy opinion though.

I like Knox, especially the running over of opponents and burning the Steelers.

But I can’t stand Lee Smith on the roster for his “blocking” or Tyler Kroft who is constantly hurt.

9 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Knox was a rookie who actually looked really good, he looked like we drafted TJ Hockenson at times. I meant the same Ebron who was with Detroit and didn't produce. I saw enough of Knox that I want to see plenty more before bringing in guys who have failed elsewhere. It doesn't necessarily mean I think he's the next Tony Gonzalez but he showed promise for sure.

I agree with you on Ebron, you see in Fantasy that production for Tight End goes off a cliff after the first few guys, but starting with his Combine, he’s never been the physical mismatch he was hyped to be. 

15 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I like Knox, especially the running over of opponents and burning the Steelers.

But I can’t stand Lee Smith on the roster for his “blocking” or Tyler Kroft who is constantly hurt.

Interesting. Do you like Knox’s 20% drop rate as well?