Wk 15: SUNDAY NITE FOOTBALL! Bills at Steelers 8:20 on NBC 1st Half Thread

Just now, CEN-CAL17 said:

Can the Bills not run an effective 2 min offense????  

1:30 seconds left, 2 Timeouts, 

Go get a dang FG!!!!!

I Woulda usually agree but not here.

Up 4 on your own 8 yard against a great defence on the road, just get to halftime up by 4. Especially just after turning it over

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

With two timeouts remaining?   Yeah, no.  Not good.

The way the offense is playing, they weren't going to march down to field goal range inside two minutes no matter the times-out available.  More likely they'd just turn over the ball...so yeah, in this particular situation, don't risk it.

Normally, I'd say "better to go in with the lead and make halftime adjustments," but this is an execrable third-quarter team anyway, so I'm not exactly excited to see the adjustments.

1 minute ago, RochesterLifer said:

All my years of reading this board, the narrative that Josh throws it too hard for receivers is the most ridiculously funny thought I’ve seen.

I get a good laugh at some people on this board myself. I watch a lot of football and WRs make tough catches at all levels especially the NFL but anytime one of our WRs drops a ball people put all the blame on the QB.  3 drops so far tonight that were easy catches anywhere else in my opinion. One of them led to an INT

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, london_bills said:

We are 9-4 basically because of a great defence. 

yup this is a 5-7 win team if we had a defense outside the top 5

this offense will struggle to outscore almost every team in the league if it got in a shootout 

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

McDermott is a panzy!!!

You don't even TRY for a FG?!?!?!

Are you kidding me?!?!

I was wrong. Allen will NEVER be league MVP because of how conservative our HC is  :doh:

Ball at the 10 yard line, you don’t turn the ball over their offense can’t beat you. It’s totally the right call.

Edited by MDH
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

McDermott is a panzy!!!

Are you kidding me?!?!

I was wrong. Allen will NEVER be league MVP because of how conservative our HC is  :doh:

lol....yeah, it’s McD’s fault that Allen will never be MVP. 

Maybe, Allen isn’t good enough to get to that level?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Daboll is a moron. Let the clock run. 3 timeouts. 

C'mon, these takes are getting dumber by the moment. 

You just want to blame Daboll for everything. MCDERMOTT is the one who determines what we're going to do that drive, not Daboll. Wow.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Rbleyle said:

The refs this year are the worst I’ve seen.  I’ve never seen so many blatantly blown calls.  

Absolutely horrible... I was more pissed about them not blowing the play dead when Dupree jumped offside seven seconds early and had a clear shot at Josh. What the hell?

And the Edmunds "facemask" was just shameful. Will these clowns ever be held accountable?

1 minute ago, DuckyBoys said:

I have no problem with them running the clock out  No need to get cute  Steelers aren't scoring again unless we gift them field position

I’d like to think the same thing, but:

— I could definitely see then getting a few field goals at the very least on long drives

— this IS the Bills we’re talking about

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

McDermott is a panzy!!!

Are you kidding me?!?!

I agree with this. Get SOME points. PIT gets the ball at the start of the 2nd half. 

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

I Woulda usually agree but not here.

Up 4 on your own 8 yard against a great defence on the road, just get to halftime up by 4. Especially just after turning it over

Pittsburgh isn't scoring again tonight unless it's there defense. 

I'm happy. Just win baby. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Give me a break. He's afraid the offense will make a mistake.... ALWAYS BEFORE THE HALF. The team does it game in and game out.

The team is 9-4 and winning at halftime in one of the hardest venues to play in.

The team is YOUNG and you put them in the best situation you can to win the damned game.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Not sure the hate on mcdermott. They controlled the half for the most part. Defense is on fire. Allen just had a turnover. If something happens you guys kill him for possibly losing the lead before the half. 
Play it smart, get into halftime and make your adjustments. Allen is playing decent and the receivers aren’t making plays for him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tcali said:

still just as bad of a call.......covering their arse

Phew...I was afraid the league moved the face mask down to the upper abdomen for a minute.  Glad to see it's still on the right shoulder where it belongs.  

:wallbash: :wacko:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2