Sean Mcvay opinions?

Hard to know. But there is a lesson to their fall, as for KC losing so many times already! Nothing is a given in the NFL.

Even the Ravens who are as hot as they come on offense, well they've lost 2 times. I have no clue what happened then but let's hope the Bills staff find something!

I can't picture Josh losing it like Goff. 

8 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I said this Before this year and got jumped on in here. Someone threw some stats at me. I watched him play last year near the end of the year. Teams figured out the Goff and McVay show.

Yeah, the decline started before the SB and BB. It was late last season ; he’s been shaky since. Definitely didn’t look the same. 

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

This is where I am as well.

McVay might be good. Goff is not.

Yeah, I think McVay is a good coach, but severely overrated during last year. I could be wrong, but my guess is Rams fans have really frustrating All 22's where play design works but Goff misses things.

21 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

IMO he's smart, very smart, but not the genius he was referred to as. I think when his OL comes together and he gets that area talented again, he and Goff will miraculously get a lot better.

How does a bad OL magically come together?

They have no money and no draft picks to address it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Goff stinks. And his draft buddy Wentz looks terrible as well. His only decent game was vs Buffalo in the wind.

I don't think Wentz is that bad. That team has been super beat up 2 years in a row and they have a high drop rate. 

5 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

The funny part is all the teams who went to hire the next McVay.  If they have not doubted that decision, they will.

This is the same league that keeps trying to recreate the Pats. Has there ever been a successful head coach from that coaching tree? The NFL is horrid at talent scouting from prospects to coaches. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Is he really an offensive guru or has he been exposed as kinda a one year wonder? 

My opinion is that he is now inside his own head.  Said this on their first loss this year.  They ran the ball down the field effortlessly and they got to the 4 yard line.  3 throws and FG.  Hes is overthinking things and that may or may not change.  As they say...never ever want to be the smartest guy in the room. 

2 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

My opinion is that he is now inside his own head.  Said this on their first loss this year.  They ran the ball down the field effortlessly and they got to the 4 yard line.  3 throws and FG.  Hes is overthinking things and that may or may not change.  As they say...never ever want to be the smartest guy in the room. 

Sounds like Belichick crawled into his head and laid eggs.

• Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Reader said:

Yeah, I think McVay is a good coach, but severely overrated during last year. I could be wrong, but my guess is Rams fans have really frustrating All 22's where play design works but Goff misses things.

I think it’s the opposite. McVay has been figured out. How many times did they run that misdirection screen tonight and lose 5 yards? 5 times?

23 minutes ago, Dopey said:

The oline and Gurly being banged up doesn't help. I don't think guys forget how to coach overnight.

Their offensive line has dropped  off and Gurley has gone from an elite RB to a borderline player in just a season. The whole offense was predicated around Gurley - his running ability and the play action off that run. Goff is not and never has been a good drop back passer. Without a dominant line and a dual threat RB, Goff is getting exposed.

• Like (+1) 1

League caught up to him. Still a good coach but can no longer work wonders with a garbage QB.

$110mm guaranteed for Goff and two first round picks for a CB. Rams are a prime example of how to not build a team. They are screwed and will be bad for the next few years before they can  finally move on from Goff and will start a total rebuild. 

Giving big contracts to guys like Goff and Wentz will set a franchise back for years.

He wanted Jalen Ramsey in his locker room.

His #1 concern is getting paid.  

Tells me all I need to know.  How are they going to fix that oline?  They chose to neglect it.  

They had their shot last year and blew it.  The boy genius got taken to the wood shed by the wise old man.

And I don't see anything "innovative" coming from his O.  Same thing all the time.  He uses his #1 WR to be a decoy that gets 5 targets a game.  Hopes to get mis matches with his slot WR (Kupp).  Annnnnd that's it.  

Lesson.  Smart and young does not mean you can lead an entire team.  Especially when things go so ridiculously right and well in years 1 and 2 then the adversity hits.  And you don't have a healthy stud RB to bail you out anymore.  

I can't imagine that locker room takes him seriously.  They looked like it tonight.  Checked out.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

A)Goff sucks. Stupid extension.

B)The jury is out on McVay. I view it the way I view a hitter who tears up the league for awhile, starts getting pitched differently, and struggles. The greats go through the struggle, but find a way to counter and persevere. He's in that slump mode where he hasn't figured out a counter.

Well, well. Looks like the tables have turned.

I took a lot of flak for saying that Goff isn't that good of a QB and could never put the team on his back and will them to victory. People cited his big contract extension and the "genius" McVay for why I was wrong. Well, Goff if proving me right. He's nothing more than an average QB, and recently he's looking even less than that.

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, Goff wasn't the one who gave up 42 of those points. 

I know he's not the DC, but as HC ultimately McVay is responsible

Goff is the one who put up less than 10 points, though.