Miami: Acquires QB Josh Rosen

Everyone was afraid of the Rosen-NE match. Chad O'Shea is the offensive coordinator there in Miami and he's coming from NE. I don't think it's the worst fit in the world, I just think Miami should wait until next year and I do think a 2nd is too high. But whatever. I don't see it working out for them which is fine by me.  

If I'm the Dolphins, I'm offering a 4th and will settle for a 3rd.  They have all the leverage.  The Cards can't keep him and every other team got their QB.  The Cards waited too long and will have to take what they can

• Like (+1) 2

I liked Rosen going into the draft last year, and still think he could be a good QB.

I like that each of the AFC East teams are going to end up with the top QBs from the 2018 class. I'll take an active balanced rivalry with the rest of the division over the crap we've all been through with the Pats.

I also like that the Dolphins will most likely mess this up so we dont have to worry too much.

WTF was Arizona thinking not taking calls and offers on him beforehand? They had the #1 pick! You dont have to keep secrets!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Virgil said:

If I'm the Dolphins, I'm offering a 4th and will settle for a 3rd.  They have all the leverage.  The Cards can't keep him and every other team got their QB.  The Cards waited too long and will have to take what they can

I would squeeze them as hard as I could, the screwed up and there should be no good will here. That being said, let the 'phins over pay and I'd still rather not have him in NE

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

Everyone was afraid of the Rosen-NE match. Chad O'Shea is the offensive coordinator there in Miami and he's coming from NE. I don't think it's the worst fit in the world, I just think Miami should wait until next year and I do think a 2nd is too high. But whatever. I don't see it working out for them which is fine by me.  

I think it's less that it's a sure fire fit in NE as say this has the exact kind of tone of something that'll have the Patriots dominating another couple decades. Not so much that it will happen as we've all been indoctrinated into fearing that it would.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Not really.  They can always keep him as an inexpensive back up.  And there may be other teams interested.

Just now, billieve420 said:

No risk move for the Dolphins they get to evaluate Rosen for a year. If he shows something you don't need to draft a QB next year. If he flames out they can draft their guy.

Cheap too since his bonus has been paid out. Only costs like $6 million for 4 years

Darnold, Allen, and Rosen in the same division. Who'd have thunk it?

Something tells me we'll be seeing a lot of Ed Oliver affecting Josh Rosen in an, um....negative way.

Should be fun to watch. ☺️

• Like (+1) 1

So in 1 year the Cards took the 15th, 79th & 152nd picks of the 2018 draft and turned that into pick 48 of the 2019 draft and over $8 million of dead cap space for 2019.  

BRILLIANT!

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So Right Josh is destined to get hurt now right? Isn’t that how the FitzCycle works? 

I was just thinking that this guarantees Fitz a starting job in Miami.  Not on opening day, of course.

Edited by BringBackFlutie
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Logic said:

Darnold, Allen, and Rosen in the same division. Who'd have thunk it?

Something tells me we'll be seeing a lot of Ed Oliver affecting Josh Rosen in an, um....negative way.

Should be fun to watch. ☺️

Darnold, Allen, and Rosen from 2018; Williams, Oliver, and Wilkins from 2019. Fun stuff!

• Like (+1) 5

13 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Man, there are quite a few not very good GMs in football right now.

And it’s funny that some fans act like they are experts because they are their position.  I think it would be hard for anyone to have done worse than the Cards and Giants GMs.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

guess the mighty josh rosen doesn't like the cardinals anymore, :D

https://amp.azcentral.com/amp/3587342002

As much crap as I'd like to give Rosen I can't really blame him for that.

It'll be interesting if he gets to play 2 of the 3 QBs that were taken ahead of him 4 times a year though I think now Arizona will always have a special place in his revenge list.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I can't believe the Giants didn't want to forgo a 2nd round pick for Rosen instead of a crapshoot with the guy from Duke at 6 overall.

This is what makes no sense.  If they came out at the same time, Rosen is ranked much higher than Jones.  Now, he has a year of nfl experience.  Plus, he might be cheaper because he went lower.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

And it’s funny that some fans act like they are experts because they are their position.  I think it would be hard for anyone to have done worse than the Cards and Giants GMs.  

Come on there are some ***** plumbers out there but I would still believe the average plumber has a better knowledge of plumbing than I do.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Very sad for the Cardinals Dolphins and Rosen.  Nobody is a real winner here

I think the Fins are clear winners.  Get a top 10 qb for a second rounder.  Worse comes to worse, they draft a guy next year.  I still think he can be very good and he got screwed. 

Either way, dude goes from LA to Phoenix to Miami.  Not bad. 

Just now, Magox said:

I think Rosen is going to have to update his infamous draft day quote to " There were TEN mistakes ahead of me" 

He should be pissed.  

• Like (+1) 1