Miami: Acquires QB Josh Rosen

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Since being in the league Rosen hasn’t done any issues there. Instead all these trade rumors start and what has he done. Been first into work. 

Right..... and he was the future AND ONLY viable QB going forward. Add another first round (#1 pick) in there and there WILL be factions and friction. If one doesn't see how this can/will happen has blinders on and there is no being rational with that person.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Since being in the league Rosen hasn’t done any issues there. Instead all these trade rumors start and what has he done. Been first into work. 

I think he’d get along great with Sean Payton in Nola but they don’t have resources for it 

5 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Anything less than a 1st and they are Idiots. 

What is the Problem with having TWO cost controlled young QBs on your Roster. 

Increases the Odds you found one. 

Human, and locker room dynamics. It's easy to look at everything from 3,000 ft and its a business.  Rosen had a terrible line, coaching staff lasted a season.  That's his fault?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

Human, and locker room dynamics. It's easy to look at everything from 3,000 ft and its a business.  Rosen had a terrible line, coaching staff lasted a season.  That's his fault?

Have a feeling he isn’t going anywhere 

2 hours ago, billieve420 said:

3 first round draft picks in the same division would be extremely interesting to watch as their careers unfold.

class of '83 had 4 in the same division. but do agree it would be interesting. it's looking like nobody wanted to give up much for the mighty rosen though?

WHERE ARE THEY NOW? The 6 quarterbacks taken in the first round of the legendary 1983 NFL Draft

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

At this point, why wouldn't MIA just take Lock? I wouldn't give any more than a 3rd for Rosen now. Arizona completely shot themselves in the foot here.

Chip Kelly 2.0

"I'd 100 percent rather go 32nd to the right team than No. 1 to a bad team," Lock said. 

I'm sure that comment didn't have any affect on dropping tonight. hey, maybe the patsies will still pick him up?

"If that happened (being drafted by the Patriots), I'd be honored for sure. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001027840/article/drew-lock-rather-go-32nd-than-no-1-to-a-bad-team

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I'm sure that comment didn't have any affect on dropping tonight. hey, maybe the patsies will still pick him up?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001027840/article/drew-lock-rather-go-32nd-than-no-1-to-a-bad-team

I mean, who really cares about that. I'm sure the tune will change as soon as he's drafted, unless it's as a backup to a QB that's going to be around like Rivers or Ben.

The fact that this drunk Keim is still in charge of this franchise is baffling to me. They are gaining nothing by delaying this. Do they want a rookie HC dealing with the bull of two young 1st round QBs in the same room? Of course not. Maybe the market for Rosen is soft, but I guarantee there's still a market. This trade needs to happen asap or Keim is actively hurting his team.

• Like (+1) 2

If there's no need to dump Rosen for virtually nothing.  Look at what happened in San Diego when they drafted Rivers.  Brees stuck around and turned his career around and beat out Rivers before eventually leaving as a free agent on the way to a HOF career.  

10 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

If there's no need to dump Rosen for virtually nothing.  Look at what happened in San Diego when they drafted Rivers.  Brees stuck around and turned his career around and beat out Rivers before eventually leaving as a free agent on the way to a HOF career.  

Lightning might not strike another time.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Anything less than a 1st and they are Idiots. 

What is the Problem with having TWO cost controlled young QBs on your Roster. 

Increases the Odds you found one. 

The "Problem" is that you can only have 1 starting QB at a time, even if it changes from game to game, which means that only 1 would get most of the reps and coaches' attention at a time.  When a team with an established veteran starter picks a first round QB, the youngster generally sits and learns early on.  That "sit and learn" period may last less than a full season (Flacco and Jackson) or more than one season (Favre and Rodgers).    With two young QBs only a year apart on the team, the attention is either going to go to one, so that the other one gets left out when he's in as much need of coaching and learning as the starting QB.   How, exactly, does that increase "the Odds" of finding the right QB since the same GM selected both QBs a year apart?

The Cards were NEVER going to get a first round pick for Josh Rosen since their willingness to trade him after one season labels him a "bust".   My guess is that they don't get a second for him at this point since three QB needy teams are out of the picture.  If another team offers a third, they best grab it.

As for the Brees/Rivers situation, remember that Brees was a 3rd year starter who had had a decent rookie season and was somewhat established when the Chargers traded for Rivers.  They  got a treasure trove of picks as well as the better QB for swapping Eli Manning for Rivers, but they got nothing for Brees, who has been a better QB than Rivers throughout his career, who left in FA.

Edited by SoTier

6 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Have a feeling he isn’t going anywhere 

Yeah but they screwed themselves on this because teams know you need to get rid of him.  So they'll just wait it out until the player becomes a problem for the Cards.

5 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

The fact that this drunk Keim is still in charge of this franchise is baffling to me. They are gaining nothing by delaying this. Do they want a rookie HC dealing with the bull of two young 1st round QBs in the same room? Of course not. Maybe the market for Rosen is soft, but I guarantee there's still a market. This trade needs to happen asap or Keim is actively hurting his team.

This is true.  Keim is the dummy here.  The other owners know you need to get rid of Rosen so they'll just wait until Rosen becomes a headache and problem for the Cards.  Get what you can right now or else you'll be desperate to ditch him for a mere 4th.

I feel for Cardinals fans.  Two 1st round qbs in consecutive years and honestly I'm not either will be any good.  I know Russell Wilson did it and Drew Brees but not too many qbs have made it at that size.  No way they keep Rosen now  I cant imagine the media drama taking away from their preparation or the locker room

• Like (+1) 1

At this point maybe teams just dont think Rosen is that good?  From a value standpoint, his rookie bonus is paid so money wise he should be a even more palatable option. I'm not going to bash they guy.  Bad situation last year and I only watched a few quarters of cardinals football. 

11 hours ago, NoSaint said:

And dts this year. Would be an odd coincidence 

Of course, it’s the Bills, Jets, and Fins copying each other while the Pats do the opposite. 

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

hell I would trade for Josh now.  Let him back up Allen.  Maybe parlay Rosen into a 1st round pick in year or two.  Be like the Pats.  Farm QB's and trade then for picks

Honestly, it’s what the cards should do.  But you can’t do that because what if Rosen outplays the other guy? Too much of a PR headache.  But they are trading him when his value and their leverage is very low. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

At this point maybe teams just dont think Rosen is that good?  From a value standpoint, his rookie bonus is paid so money wise he should be a even more palatable option. I'm not going to bash they guy.  Bad situation last year and I only watched a few quarters of cardinals football. 

I don’t think that’s the case at all.  If you’re a team knowing they drafted Murray, why would you give them a high pick?  That’s the situation they put themselves in.  There’s no way they can keep Rosen because if he outplayed Murray, it would be a disaster for them.  They need to trade him but every nfl team knows that.

Just now, BurpleBull said:

If Rosen goes to Miami, the AFC East gets a little more interesting, for years to come. 

A guy named Rosen in Miami makes a lot of sense.  I hope the Fins talk themselves into Lock, who I don’t think is that good. 

1 hour ago, TOboy said:

Rappaport reporting that Rosen has unfollowed the Cardinals on Instagram this morning. :D Can't make this stuff up. 

Honestly, why should he do anything to help him?  He should force his way out AB style.  

This Rosen stuff reminds me of the incompetence of Buddy Nix.  He drafted Spiller in the 1st round and totally devalued Marshawn Lynch's trade value by not trading him until 1 month into the season.  As it turned out, drafting Spiller was a mistake & 1st demoralizing Lynch and then shipping him off for what turned out to be Chris Hairston & Tank Carder, who got waived before the start of his rookie year, was an even bigger mistake.  When Marshawn talks he's very diplomatic about his trade from the Bills.  The truth is from the draft until October the Bills basically treated him as persona non grata and he saw his carries decreased in 2010 and then the Bills got virtually nothing for him in a trade when Buddy could have gotten a lot more if he had handled the situation differently.  Even worse, the Bills never needed Spiller to begin with since they already had Fred Jackson.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

This Rosen stuff reminds me of the incompetence of Buddy Nix.  He drafted Spiller in the 1st round and totally devalued Marshawn Lynch's trade value by not trading him until 1 month into the season.  As it turned out, drafting Spiller was a mistake & 1st demoralizing Lynch and then shipping him off for what turned out to be Chris Hairston & Tank Carder, who got waived before the start of his rookie year, was an even bigger mistake.  When Marshawn talks he's very diplomatic about his trade from the Bills.  The truth is from the draft until October the Bills basically treated him as persona non grata and he saw his carries decreased in 2010 and then the Bills got virtually nothing for him in a trade when Buddy could have gotten a lot more if he had handled the situation differently.  Even worse, the Bills never needed Spiller to begin with since they already had Fred Jackson.  

When you said Nix I assumed you would bring up how he was recorded calling up the TB GM and saying Fitz sucked ... while he was still on the team 

• Like (+1) 1

I think that's a good get for the Dolphins. 

He had very little to work with last year (just like Allen). Given the circumstances, he's still got the potential to be a solid starter. And they are paying a mid 2nd, not an early first. Plus they only need to pay him $6M for the next 3 years, so it's easy to move on and draft a guy next year if it doesn't work. 

• Like (+1) 1