Miami: Acquires QB Josh Rosen

1 minute ago, SWATeam said:

Why?  He's cheap for a while.  If the value isn't there- hold him as a backup.  Showcase him in the preseason, someone will get desperate.

If I was Rosen or his agent, I would go AB on them. I won’t show up to camp or OTAs or not return their phone calls.  He doesn’t have to be a good soldier.  Plus, I don’t think they want him competing against Murray because what if he’s better?  Messy situation. 

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

If I was Rosen or his agent, I would go AB on them. I won’t show up to camp or OTAs or not return their phone calls.  He doesn’t have to be a good soldier. 

Yeah he's got to want out of there quick while he can still build some momentum, though I don't know if he should want to go to the Dolphins who look prepared to tank for a QB next year.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

If I was Rosen or his agent, I would go AB on them. I won’t show up to camp or OTAs or not return their phone calls.  He doesn’t have to be a good soldier.  Plus, I don’t think they want him competing against Murray because what if he’s better?  Messy situation. 

Maybe.  But if he lights it up in the preseason, maybe they get a Garoppolo like deal for him?

Maybe.  But if he lights it up in the preseason, maybe they get a Garoppolo like deal for him?

But how does that help Rosen?  He got screwed so why does he want to help them improve their situation.  Obviously, he’s not AB in what he has proven but he could make things very difficult for them.  By all accounts, he’s been a good solider and that got him replace.  He should look out for himself.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Now on NFL Network they're saying the Dolphins think pick 48 is too high & are putting heat on Arizona to lower the price.  

It is too high imo because they are apparently bidding against themselves and the Cards have zero leverage. No one is buying that they might keep him. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

But how does that help Rosen?  He got screwed so why does he want to help them improve their situation.  Obviously, he’s not AB in what he has proven but he could make things very difficult for them.  By all accounts, he’s been a good solider and that got him replace.  He should look out for himself.

You think he's owed anything?

What if he was drafted behind an established starter and had to sit?  I think he'd hurt himself more by not being a good soldier at this point.  Like you said, he hasn't earned the right to act like AB.

Just now, SWATeam said:

What if he was drafted behind an established starter and had to sit?  I think he'd hurt himself more by not being a good soldier at this point.  Like you said, he hasn't earned the right to act like AB.

But that’s a different situation.  He played on a crap team for a first year coach who got fired, an OC that got fired after a couple of games and got replaced by a guy who has never been an OC, behind a terrible o line.  

There’s a saying that more QBs are ruined than made.  The Cards are ruining the guy and since a team wants him, he has value.  He can very easily force their hands.  He gains nothing but being a good solider.

i wasn’t the biggest fan of the Allen pick but if they gave up on him after a year, I’d be pissed too.  It’s insane what teams expect from young QBs.  

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

What would happen if Murray struggles in preseason and Rosen lights it up? If the results were really drastic, then you have a potential locker room problem with the players taking sides not to mention a PR problem. I don't think that he can ever play again for the Cards. They really botched this thing.

• Like (+1) 3

I think he was owed a better way for this entire situation to have been handled. I am not a Josh Rosen hater and I think he has the ability to be a very good quarterback in this league. I think he has conducted himself as well as what can be expected in his circumstance. I hope things work out for him ( as long as it is not at the expense of the Bills, of course )

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Cardinals have handled the whole thing about as badly as is possible. Miami should hold their nerve. A 3rd is sensible and it rightly punishes Arizona for being absolute numpties. 

Did anyone see the list of 6 first round picks the team has made under Steve Keim? And people here complained about Doug Whaley. Keim literally hasn't found a guy yet who has even proven a solid NFL starter in 6 goes in the first round. If he was our GM this place would be on fire. 

I don't think he has a clue what he is doing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Terrible idea.

Rosen is already seen somewhat as a selfish and a head case.  He immediately stopped following the Cardinals on Twitter after they picked Murry.  Pulling a stunt like this would solidify that image.

And Rosen hasn't made the money AB has. 

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The Cardinals have handled the whole thing about as badly as is possible. Miami should hold their nerve. A 3rd is sensible and it rightly punishes Arizona for being absolute numpties. 

Did anyone see the list of 6 first round picks the team has made under Steve Keim? And people here complained about Doug Whaley. Keim literally hasn't found a guy yet who has even proven a solid NFL starter in 6 goes in the first round. If he was our GM this place would be on fire. 

I don't think he has a clue what he is doing. 

To be fair Keim was probably drunk drafting 

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

But that’s a different situation.  He played on a crap team for a first year coach who got fired, an OC that got fired after a couple of games and got replaced by a guy who has never been an OC, behind a terrible o line.  

There’s a saying that more QBs are ruined than made.  The Cards are ruining the guy and since a team wants him, he has value.  He can very easily force their hands.  He gains nothing but being a good solider.

i wasn’t the biggest fan of the Allen pick but if they gave up on him after a year, I’d be pissed too.  It’s insane what teams expect from young QBs.  

I feel like it's not as much giving up on Rosen, as it is taking advantage of the opportunity presented.  They think Murray is better, and QB is obviously the most important position.  If they feel that Murray is a transformational talent then it would be dumb not to take him.

And Rosen is still their asset.  It would be irresponsible to give him away because his feelings are hurt.

Edited by SWATeam

Just now, SWATeam said:

I feel like it's not as much giving up on Rosen, as it is taking advantage of the opportunity presented.  They think Murray is better, and QB is obviously the most important position.  If they feel that Murray is a transformational talent then it would be dumb not to take him.

And Rosen is still their asset.  It would be irresponsible to give him away because his feeling are hurt.

Luckily irresponsible is Arizona's equivalent of process. 

• Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Anything less than a 1st and they are Idiots. 

What is the Problem with having TWO cost controlled young QBs on your Roster. 

Increases the Odds you found one. 

It can divide a locker room if one guy struggles under center.

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Terrible idea.

Rosen is already seen somewhat as a selfish and a head case.  He immediately stopped following the Cardinals on Twitter after they picked Murry.  Pulling a stunt like this would solidify that image.

I really don’t how anyone can fault him right now.  He got boned. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I really don’t how anyone can fault him right now.  He got boned. 

He certainly did. All the while his coach and the team were "completely behind him". I'm not a fanof Rosen, but he got dicked , over.

20 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Please let the Phins get rhe right Josh.

I hope you feel that way in a few years. Last thing I want is a division rival to get a QB who may develop into a quality starter. Rosen isn't the "bust" many make him out to be. I think that's more wishful thinking than anything by Bills fans. He might end up being that, but it's way too early to tell at this point.

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

And Rosen is still their asset.  It would be irresponsible to give him away because his feelings are hurt.

Right but then either way it goes they've wasted a 1st round pick.

ed oliver meet the mighty josh rosen

hoping this trade happens. rosen should be on his back and often... :D

2 minutes ago, MDH said:

I hope you feel that way in a few years. Last thing I want is a division rival to get a QB who may develop into a quality starter. Rosen isn't the "bust" many make him out to be. I think that's more wishful thinking than anything by Bills fans. He might end up being that, but it's way too early to tell at this point.

while I agree it's too early to tell, I see bust wrote all over him.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

35 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It is too high imo because they are apparently bidding against themselves and the Cards have zero leverage. No one is buying that they might keep him. 

I can’t believe that Mike Brown isn’t in on Rosen. It seems perfect for a cheap bastige like him. Dalton could be cut along with his $16M salary this season.  He’d have Rosen under contract for 3 seasons for $1.28M, $2.08M and $2.88M, respectively. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/josh-rosen-25105/

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MDH said:

I can't see him being any better than Tannehill or Cutler.

30 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It's hard for me to say that Rosen got "screwed". There is no guaranteed single way to develop a young QB. Yes, his surrounding talent was bad, but so was Allen's.

I get why a college coach wants the QB he was most successful with. But getting sent to Miami might be the best thing for his career: a half decent offensive line, ok receivers, a fresh coach and a city so apathetic about the team that he won't have as much pressure.

13 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Right but then either way it goes they've wasted a 1st round pick.

Yeah, we never said that the Cards were smart...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I can't see him being any better than Tannehill or Cutler.

I can, he's accurate and smart, two of the main qualities you want in a QB. I could see him being very good. I could also see his attitude getting in a way of his success. Who knows, I just wish he'd go to another division.

• Like (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, MDH said:

I can, he's accurate and smart, two of the main qualities you want in a QB. I could see him being very good. I could also see his attitude getting in a way of his success. Who knows, I just wish he'd go to another division.

Three of last year's top 10 QBs in one division is nuts. I doubt that has ever happened. 

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Terrible idea.

Seriously? Twitter?

• Thank you (+1) 1