Miami: Acquires QB Josh Rosen

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Terrible idea.

Rosen is already seen somewhat as a selfish and a head case.  He immediately stopped following the Cardinals on Twitter after they picked Murry.  Pulling a stunt like this would solidify that image.

And Rosen hasn't made the money AB has. 

While obviously immaterial, that does add to the image of Rosen as an immature douchebag.   I guess simply 'not looking at twitter' wasn't an option.

He got off to the worst possible start and that has killed other careers, but the jury is still out on him.  Still, I wouldn't sweat him going to the Dolphins.  If it's not Rosen, they'll be picking a QB early in the first round next year.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I wonder if it includes Rosen then...

...if Jason says so, it's gospel......he never misses.......hey it's an art form to miss the Atlantic with a beach ball from your row boat......major sports "Picasso-OH"....

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, the skycap said:

I love everything about Steve Smith. His motivation and energy on the football field. His straightforwardness as an analyst. The football version of Charles Barkley 

Agree with everything you said, except Smith is 10 times better than Barkley.  He's one of my favorite non-Bills of all time. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, the skycap said:

I love everything about Steve Smith. His motivation and energy on the football field. His straightforwardness as an analyst. The football version of Charles Barkley 

Eh.  Smith is kinda of nutcase.  He has little man syndrome.  What did Rosen do bad? Unfollow a team that replaces him??? Smith is also the guy who broke a teammate’s face.  He has some anger issues and it stems from being little (don’t tell him I said that though!). 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I dont think Rosen will work out in Miami, the players after seeing Fitz and the good teammate he is, will not want to play for Rosen but Fitz

How do you know that Rosen isn't a good teammate?  Because he has opinions that you don't like?   

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

It can divide a locker room if one guy struggles under center.

It can divide the locker room but it can also lead to some players not giving their all when they think that the better QB is sitting on the bench in favor of the owner's/gm's/HC's pick or if they have no faith that the QB who's playing can get the job done.  The 2017 and 2018 Bills under Nathan Peterman seem to have been good examples.  In 2017, I think the players wanted Tyrod not Peterman.  In 2018, they realized before the coaching staff that Peterman was crap.  In both instances, I don't think the team -- or a significant part of it -- played as well as they could have when Peterman was QB.  That they looked immediately better under Allen as well as under Anderson and Barkley underscores their lack of belief in Peterman.

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

If I was Rosen or his agent, I would go AB on them. I won’t show up to camp or OTAs or not return their phone calls.  He doesn’t have to be a good soldier.  Plus, I don’t think they want him competing against Murray because what if he’s better?  Messy situation. 

Gotta agree with Biscuit. The Cards treated him like crap and with some talent around him could well outshine their new golden boy. So he's gotta go. They misplayed this and will not get value for him. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mark92 said:

Yeah......ok ?.   Josh Rosen is a Jerk because he un-followed the Cardinals.  I would do the same.  F them!  I am not a Rosen fan but the Cardinals really messed this whole situation up.  

Josh Rosen is a jerk because.....he is a jerk

The Cards drafted him he should thank the team for doing that....now...maybe when it is all said and done he will but this is a far cry from saying that every other NFL team in front of the cards made a mistake by not drafting him.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

As if I needed another reason to actively dislike the Dolphins. Bring it!!!

2 hours ago, nucci said:

why would Rosen make you dislike the Dolphins more?

I did like him before the draft, but as it got closer for me it came down to one thing and I posted about it.

I think he is a dick.

”Oh you mean he is a tough as nails no nonsense competitor?”

No...I think he is a dick.  People who know him personally think he is a dick.  For comparison, for those of you who think Chris Hogan is a dick, think along those same lines.

maybe it hasn’t shown in Arizona as some will defend, but that is his dickdom laying in wait.

”You don’t like his politics or how he is outspoken!”

i could careless about his politics and I love how out spoken some of the Bills are...I actually love the character it shows.

No...it is because people I know are familiar with him and he is a U.S., Grade A off the bone dick.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I did like him before the draft, but as it got closer for me it came down to one thing and I posted about it.

I think he is a dick.

”Oh you mean he is a tough as nails no nonsense competitor?”

No...I think he is a dick.  People who know him personally think he is a dick.  For comparison, for those of you who think Chris Hogan is a dick, think along those same lines.

maybe it hasn’t shown in Arizona as some will defend, but that is his dickdom laying in wait.

”You don’t like his politics or how he is outspoken!”

i could careless about his politics and I love how out spoken some of the Bills are...I actually love the character it shows.

No...it is because people I know are familiar with him and he is a U.S., Grade A off the bone dick.

Huh, what happened with Chris Hogan? He always seemed like a nice guy to me. Have people close to him come out and said bad things about him?

11 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The Cards drafted him he should thank the team for doing that....now...maybe when it is all said and done he will but this is a far cry from saying that every other NFL team in front of the cards made a mistake by not drafting him.

Wow, this is terrible John. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

MJS, I thought so, too.  However, there are guys here with first hand knowledge that swear up and down about his dickdom.

My take with Brian Moorman. Met him multiple times. He always gave that (I’m in the nfl, why should I give you any of my time) attitude. Like, dude! Your a freaking punter. Not even the kicker. A freaking punter. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Its not a suprise that you feel that way

Because I’m right.  They set him up to fail and replaced him after a year.  He literally unfollowed the team on social media and “he’s a jerk.”  He should take out a newspaper ad and thank them for everything. Are you serious?

1 minute ago, mrags said:

My take with Brian Moorman. Met him multiple times. He always gave that (I’m in the nfl, why should I give you any of my time) attitude. Like, dude! Your a freaking punter. Not even the kicker. A freaking punter. 

Sadly, he was like the star of the team. 

Rosen to the Dolphins makes me giddy, almost enough to offset my angst over the Christian Wilkins pick last nite.

The two Josh’s, both from the same draft, facing off twice a year - one a future HOFer, the other a total douchebag?  My gosh, I can’t wait!

(BTW, IMHO Kingsbury just cut off his own d**k by drafting the tiniest NFL QB ever, who might still play baseball instead.)

JMO.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You must be joking.  This might be the most ignorant comment I have seen on this board. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Because I’m right.  They set him up to fail and replaced him after a year.  He literally unfollowed the team on social media and “he’s a jerk.”  He should take out a newspaper ad and thank them for everything. Are you serious?

Biscuit......no offense but I have sat and watched you make every excuse possible for this QB over the course of this last year......maybe at the end of the day he just isnt going to pan out?   The Cardinals sure think so.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I was against Rosen last year. I had trouble liking him, and while I would have been happy to root for him in Blue and Red, I was glad it didn’t come to that. That being said, I hope he does go to Miami. I want those QB’s to be close to home so we can show the world 4 times a year that we got the best QB of the class (maybe Mayfield as the exception).

I don’t think Rosen will become a successful QB in the NFL and I would be happy to have him close by to either prove me right, or wrong. If they give up a second for him, even better.

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Probably why he was a douche. He was the star of a terrible team as a punter. Guy a big head. 

Biscuit......no offense but I have sat and watched you make every excuse possible for this QB over the course of this last year......maybe at the end of the day he just isnt going to pan out?   The Cardinals sure think so.

He had the same passing stats as Josh Allen!  I wasn’t the biggest fan of Allen as a draft pick but if the Bills gave up on him after a year, I’d be pissed.

and here’s a crazy thought John.  Let’s maybe give it more than a year to judge a quarterback.  This knee jerk reaction people have to judging the hardest position in sports is insane.  

Just now, mrags said:

Probably why he was a douche. He was the star of a terrible team as a punter. Guy a big head. 

And he had his own beer too!  Thought he was George Clooney walking around Buffalo!

6 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Rosen to the Dolphins makes me giddy, almost enough to offset my angst over the Christian Wilkins pick last nite.

The two Josh’s, both from the same draft, facing off twice a year - one a future HOFer, the other a total douchebag?  My gosh, I can’t wait!

(BTW, IMHO Kingsbury just cut off his own d**k by drafting the tiniest NFL QB ever, who might still play baseball instead.)

JMO.

I don’t think he’ll play baseball. But man is he a small guy. I would t touch the kid. I hope he’s terrible and the Cards deserve it. 

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He had the same passing stats as Josh Allen!  I wasn’t the biggest fan of Allen as a draft pick but if the Bills gave up on him after a year, I’d be pissed.

and here’s a crazy thought John.  Let’s maybe give it more than a year to judge a quarterback.  This knee jerk reaction people have to judging the hardest position in sports is insane.  

And he had his own beer too!  Thought he was George Clooney walking around Buffalo!

I am personally hoping that he does get traded to Miami.

Our defense will eat him alive.  This was supposed to be the most "polished" qb coming out this last draft......and the team that drafted him is giving up on him after ONE YEAR.....who does that?

I certainly cannot wish him luck if he goes to a division rival.

I am personally hoping that he does get traded to Miami.

Our defense will eat him alive.  This was supposed to be the most "polished" qb coming out this last draft......and the team that drafted him is giving up on him after ONE YEAR.....who does that?

I certainly cannot wish him luck if he goes to a division rival.

A team that hired a coach and fired him after one year?  What about Arizona indicates they are well run?  

And to answer your question, Falcons gave up on Brett Favre after a year. Bucs gave up on Steve Young.

i think you took the Josh thing super personal because you liked Allen.  I get it but no matter who the qb was, the Cardinals did about as bad developing him as any team could possible do.  And I would rather have the Fins waste a pick on Lock or some other qb this year.  I still think Rosen could be good in a non terrible situation (and so can Allen, it doesn’t have to be one or the other).

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Dont be silly.   I have made much more ignorant comments....:P

You know QBs are supposed to be leaders of men right?   Josh Rosen cares nothing about how he is perceived and he shows it.....a lot

How do you know this??? Because he unfollowed the Cards?  You know a guy on the Bills, McDermott his college teammate, swears by Rosen, right?

35 minutes ago, SoTier said:

How do you know that Rosen isn't a good teammate?  Because he has opinions that you don't like?   

It can divide the locker room but it can also lead to some players not giving their all when they think that the better QB is sitting on the bench in favor of the owner's/gm's/HC's pick or if they have no faith that the QB who's playing can get the job done.  The 2017 and 2018 Bills under Nathan Peterman seem to have been good examples.  In 2017, I think the players wanted Tyrod not Peterman.  In 2018, they realized before the coaching staff that Peterman was crap.  In both instances, I don't think the team -- or a significant part of it -- played as well as they could have when Peterman was QB.  That they looked immediately better under Allen as well as under Anderson and Barkley underscores their lack of belief in Peterman.

Nope, more based on reports about his attitude and what I perceive his actions since being drafted, whereas fitz has been well liked nearly everywhere, and coupled with the fact that he isn’t likely to be better than fitz this year. Now he can change my opinion but based on what I have seen so far that is my take 

8 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Dont be silly.   I have made much more ignorant comments....:P

You know QBs are supposed to be leaders of men right?   Josh Rosen cares nothing about how he is perceived and he shows it.....a lot

He un-followed his employer who just last night screwed him over.  Would you thank your employer if you went into work tomorrow and they had a 20 year old there that was going to replace you?  Doubt it.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

A team that hired a coach and fired him after one year?  What about Arizona indicates they are well run?  

And to answer your question, Falcons gave up on Brett Favre after a year. Bucs gave up on Steve Young.

i think you took the Josh thing super personal because you liked Allen.  I get it but no matter who the qb was, the Cardinals did about as bad developing him as any team could possible do.  And I would rather have the Fins waste a pick on Lock or some other qb this year.  I still think Rosen could be good in a non terrible situation (and so can Allen, it doesn’t have to be one or the other).

How do you know this??? Because he unfollowed the Cards?  You know a guy on the Bills, McDermott his college teammate, swears by Rosen, right?

When McDermott gets cut he can go be with his buddy Rosen in Miami lol

This is going to be fun/a little awkward if he goes to Miami........but probably wont even play due to the Fitz curse

He un-followed his employer who just last night screwed him over.  Would you thank your employer if you went into work tomorrow and they had a 20 year old there that was going to replace you?  Doubt it.  

John would have thanked them for giving him the opportunity and replacing him. ?

When McDermott gets cut he can go be with his buddy Rosen in Miami lol

This is going to be fun/a little awkward if he goes to Miami........but probably wont even play due to the Fitz curse

Honestly, I wish Allen could have learned from Fitz.  I can’t imagine a better vet to learn from who won’t get offered by having his job on the line.  

• Like (+1) 2

His "employer" lol

The Cards helped him recognize his life long dream cumulating from a life full of work.......if Rosen was showing ANYTHING that resembled a starting NFL QB they would not be trading him because quality guys are so hard to find.....you realize that dont you?

So yes....thanking the organization and the fans for drafting me would be the right thing to do and show that he can rise above it.

Personally I think he bounces and is out of the league

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

John would have thanked them for giving him the opportunity and replacing him. ?

Honestly, I wish Allen could have learned from Fitz.  I can’t imagine a better vet to learn from who won’t get offered by having his job on the line.  

I also wish Allen could have sat under Fitz for a year.......but Allen was supposed to be the raw prospect remember?

and yes....if I was drafted in the first round by an NFL team I would thank the team for drafting me...thank the fans....and move onto my next team.

but Im not a entitled prick like Rosen

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

His "employer" lol

The Cards helped him recognize his life long dream cumulating from a life full of work.......if Rosen was showing ANYTHING that resembled a starting NFL QB they would not be trading him because quality guys are so hard to find.....you realize that dont you?

So yes....thanking the organization and the fans for drafting me would be the right thing to do and show that he can rise above it.

Personally I think he bounces and is out of the league

It certainly doesn’t mean he can’t succeed still but it definitely isn’t trending the right direction for him at the moment

His "employer" lol

New HC who's a bit of a dip**** wants his own guy.    They're not even giving him a chance to compete for the job against a midget.

So the smelly finger is on the Cards, not Rosen, IMO...

• Like (+1) 1