FluffHead

Ziggy Ansah to visit bills

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is a signing that I can 100% get behind at the right price. He is the defensive version of Tyler Eiffert this offseason IMO. He’s a guy that has had big pass rushing stats in the past but is never healthy. This should be an incentive-laden deal and hope that it ends up being an expensive one.

fantastic analogy. 

BTW, I'd also like Eiffert. 

• Like (+1) 1

IMO you wait for the dust to settle on him you can save some $.   I worry that his game is speed and when that starts to drop, so does his effectiveness.

Eh not really a fan of ANsah. he has some upside, but I've never been super impressed with his game. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, RussellDopeland said:

He must not have heard what a terrible destination Buffalo is for free agents. 

Keep in mind he is in Detroit....

Per Wikipedia 

active in church JC of LDS, worked as janitor to pay way through college.

Checks all the boxes. Seriously though, why not add to the rotation. Streaky career but some very good years. 

YES!!! Ziggy is THE Ansah!!!

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Pass rushers of any kind should be welcomed, he and Murphy can be in rotation, I'd still like the team to draft one since Hughes' contract will be up next season.

I've always liked Ansah, had a great combine and I remember really hoping that the Bills would draft him coming out of college.   He has shown that he can really get after the QB, the last two completely healthy years he had he combined for 26 sacks.   Very athletic, perfect size and has a good motor.     Injuries have been his biggest roadblock and if the Bills can get him a 3 year $30 million contract with incentives relying on playing time and production that can push it up to around $36 million, with heavy up front money and guarantees of $15M 1st year and around $20M guaranteed then I'm all for it.

Let him go to NO and then make a trade for Trey Hendrickson

26 minutes ago, FluffHead said:

Per Rapoport #Lions free agent pass-rusher Ziggy Ansah, one of the top pass-rushers on the market, has visits set with the #Bills and then the #Saints, sources say. Both quite interested. The physical is important, as he’s recovering from shoulder surgery.

Makes sense doing a visit before signing to check the health.  That is why some of the signings like the Kwon Alexander sight unseen is asinine to me

Rumored to be an ace pitcher heading to Williamsport this summer 

• Haha (+1) 1

As long as they have enough $$ left for one more OL, preferably RT.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Makes sense doing a visit before signing to check the health.  That is why some of the signings like the Kwon Alexander sight unseen is asinine to me

This must be the situation with Darryl Williams as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

Ziggy, Zaggy, Ziggy, Zaggy, Oi, Oi, Oi!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

The question is.....can he play guitar?

• Thanks! (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

Welcome  29 year old Ziggy Ansah!

images.jpeg

That is his picture from his freshman year in high school

Edited by Magnum Force
  • Haha (+1) 1

Don't think so bro.

Bills-Saints-have-visits-scheduled-with-

When healthy the dude produces there is no questioning that. I'd be all about bringing him on.

5 hours ago, FluffHead said:

Per Rapoport #Lions free agent pass-rusher Ziggy Ansah, one of the top pass-rushers on the market, has visits set with the #Bills and then the #Saints, sources say. Both quite interested. The physical is important, as he’s recovering from shoulder surgery.

I think he will add a solid pass rush to our D-Line. He's a stud... he can get to the QB. 30 years old but I think he can give us 3-4 good years. Plus, the market is dying down a little. The money might be right...& not outrageous...so why not