Ziggy Ansah to visit bills

1 hour ago, Rufridr101 said:

Hughes was getting lots of sacks in the wide 9 his sacks are way down in McDermotts scheme.  Hughes has one year left on his deal also plays a roll. I love having Hughes too he's been a warrior for us. Also need to be fair to him and let him play a defense better suited for his style and size. 

Trey Flowers had 7.5 sacks but like Hughes , had a ridiculous amount of pressures . Hughes lead the league in QB pressures and was rated a top 5 DE according to PFF. I just hope he'll re sign for a decent price next year

• Like (+1) 1

Finally get Jerry some help and then end up trading him? No. 

Just now, CommonCents said:

Sign Ansah. Draft Devin White. Move Edmunds outside. You then have 4 excellent rushers from their spots..

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Sign Ansah. Draft Devin White. Move Edmunds outside. You then have 4 excellent rushers from their spots..

That would be a total waste of either Edmunds or Milano. The modern NFL doesn't play with 3 LBs.  OLB is probably a second, maybe even third, tier need for this team. 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Makes no sense.  You probably aren't getting a 3 for Hughes, and there's a chance that someone signs him to a sizeable deal in UFA next year--he'll be only 31, and Cam Wake just got a decent deal at 36

I think we will extend JH after the Draft.

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Add Ed Oliver at 9 and omg....

Hughes - Star - Oliver - Ansah

Shaq - Harry - Phillips - Murphy

Lorax - Edmunds - Milano

White - Wallace - T Johnson 

K Johnson

Hyde - Poyer

If we land Ziggy, then I think it's full steam ahead for Oliver @ 9. Then maybe trade up in the 2nd for Noah Fant. That defense there would be top 3 easily.

• Like (+1) 6

10 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

I think if D. White is available that he is BPA. LB's that can cover, tackle and rush the passer are few and far between. I'm torn between D. White and Jonah Williams, I would be extremely happy with either of these players at 9.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Tomorrow is one day later than today... I want to know today... DAMN IT!

Just now, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I think if D. White is available that he is BPA. LB's that can cover, tackle and rush the passer are few and far between. I'm torn between D. White and Jonah Williams, I would be extremely happy with either of these players at 9.

How is linebacker a need at all for us? We have two that can cover, tackle, and rush.

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

McD will have the full court press on for him. They're going to pitch the rotation to him and tell him he doesn't have to be the savior, just one of about four good edge rushers. 

Edited by Shaw66
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

McD will have the full court press on for him. They're going to pitch the rotation to him and tell him he doesn't have to be the savior,mjustnonenof about four good edge rushers. 

Also as far as selling the city - if you look at his background he definitely will not be looking for nightlife!!

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Also as far as selling the city - if you look at his background he definitely will not be looking for nightlife!!

Very true. He is a guy that might actually prefer a quiet life in the 'burbs and may be a selling point...of sorts. Along with money and scheme fit of course

LOL get rid of Hughes... Yeah ok let's let our best pass rusher go bc we bring in Ziggy. Then we can talk about how Billsy of a move it was after....

Anyways I wouldn't mind them bringing Ansah in at all... Hughes could use some help especially with KW retired.

1 hour ago, GrizzReaper said:

LOL get rid of Hughes... Yeah ok let's let our best pass rusher go bc we bring in Ziggy. Then we can talk about how Billsy of a move it was after....

Anyways I wouldn't mind them bringing Ansah in at all... Hughes could use some help especially with KW retired.

I dont know where or when it started, and I cant explain it, but it is very common among Bills fans to think we arent allowed to have more than 1 nice thing at a time.

It's been going on here for at least 10-15 years.

I think it might be left over fallout from the RJ or Flutie debate, but you can only start 1 QB so that made sense. Somehow it's creeped into other positions like RB, DE, CB, OL... I dont get it.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

Ziggy Ansah - 30 years old at the start of the 2019 season.

Jerry Hughes - 31 years old at the start of the 2019 season.

Plenty of juice left in both.  Sign Ansah and extend Hughes.