Sign in to follow this  
FluffHead

Ziggy Ansah to visit bills

Posted (edited)

Per Rapoport #Lions free agent pass-rusher Ziggy Ansah, one of the top pass-rushers on the market, has visits set with the #Bills and then the #Saints, sources say. Both quite interested. The physical is important, as he’s recovering from shoulder surgery.

Edited by FluffHead
  • Like (+1) 5

Wouldn't mind this at all. Would create competition with Murphy and be a solid part of the rotation. Guy can still play when he's healthy.

I thought durability was a big thing with Beane.  Another player with very recent injury issues?  Starting to get concerned.

• Like (+1) 2

Maybe he a Trent can rehab together.  

• Haha (+1) 2

Bills first. If the physical passes then dont let him leave.

1 minute ago, wppete said:

wiki has him at 29

profootballreference has him listed as 29

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

profootballreference has him listed as 29

That was a tweet from 2017. According to this info he is 31 years old right now. A lot of doubt about his true age. Read article below.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/old-lions-ziggy-ansah-ghanaian-reports-raise-doubt-real-age-164843693.html

Edited by wppete
  • Like (+1) 2

Id love Ziggy here!

another draft underachiever signing by the Bills.   Hopefully pans out like Hughes did.  

4 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

I thought durability was a big thing with Beane.  Another player with very recent injury issues?  Starting to get concerned.

Dude it’s the NFL. Anyone playing for 4 years or more has dealt with some sort of injury 

• Like (+1) 2

This is a signing that I can 100% get behind at the right price. He is the defensive version of Tyler Eiffert this offseason IMO. He’s a guy that has had big pass rushing stats in the past but is never healthy. This should be an incentive-laden deal and hope that it ends up being an expensive one.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Just now, wppete said:

That was a tweet from 2017. According to this info he is 31 years old right now. A lot of doubt about his true age. 

ohhhhh i didn't see the date

meh, regardless, he had 12 sacks in 17 and then was on pace for 8-10 more last year before he went down.

That was a tweet from 2017. According to this info he is 31 years old right now. A lot of doubt about his true age. 

I think over the cap has him at 30.  How bizarre.

• Like (+1) 1

I like it! Between him and Murphy we might get a healthy 16 games combined. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

No question it's less than ideal, but taking measured risks like this is really our only path back to relevance. Gotta win on the margins in small markets.  

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

these are players with something to prove and come a little cheaper.....They're looking players who are looking to compete looking to prove something, or have the vet savy to share with some gas left in the tank. 

There is too much money tied up running down every top FA at every position of need / concern.

Edited by ddaryl

8 minutes ago, RussellDopeland said:

He must not have heard what a terrible destination Buffalo is for free agents. 

He’s coming from Detroit. 

• Like (+1) 2

Always felt, if healthy, he was the best fit for McD's defense. At worst, he can spell Shaq Lawson on obvious passing downs. At his healthiest, he is a game changer. And he can be had for a decent price.

• Like (+1) 2