Crabtree releases

Crabtree reminds me of a McBeane type Wr I can see them trying to sign him. 

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He has good hands. Josh needs those.  He’s gotta he better than Zay.  Crabtree, Foster, draft choice isn’t too bad and it won’t count towards the COMP PICKS!!!  

Comp pks what's comp pks, lol. Yea we should plan our offseason around a comp pk for Jordan Phillips maybe we can get a 7th for him.  

I would take him, of course, depending on the salary.  I am not sure judging him off last years numbers is a completely accurate way to judge him.  He has a scrappiness that Bills receivers haven't had in years...he's old, sure, but we could do worse, if his attitude is good.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don’t believe the league views Allen as an upgrade over Tyrod at this point, right or wrong.  As a receiver, just blindly looking at Allen’s stats, would you bet your career and future earnings on Allen?  They might be dead wrong but his is how players and agents think.  

No players or their agents are dumb enough to blindly look at a QB's stats in trying to decide if they want to play with him or not.  Actually, only the dumbest of fans blindly look at stats. 

• Like (+1) 1

Here we go, another bum gets cut and we got a "should we" thread.  

Real question to the OP...why would we or should we have interest in Crabtree?  We already got rid of a WR who cant separate, is slow, and on the down side of his career.  We don't need a KB clone, we need real WR talent.  I mean, Ravens need WR help and just cut him after one season.  So if he isnt good enough for a team who needs help at WR then why is he someone we need to consider signing?

PLEASE NO WASHED UP RETREAD...this is a resounding NO

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

What, exactly, did he release?

You should start adding links to your crappy-titled, vague posts.

We need to know the state and size first.

calipercrab.jpg

Also, I don't want us to sign Michael Crabtree. 

Edited by Uncle Joe
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Crabtree reminds me of a McBeane type Wr I can see them trying to sign him. 

Comp pks what's comp pks, lol. Yea we should plan our offseason around a comp pk for Jordan Phillips maybe we can get a 7th for him.  

Comp picks man.  You obviously dunno nuttin about no god dam comp picks man.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

He would easily be our most complete WR.. he is physical and has really good hands

i would give him a 1-2 year deal to be a middle of the field and RZ threat

So here's a Q: really good hands....his catch % is pretty low these days.  

Was good when he was a 3-4 yr guy.  Last season 54%, season before 57%.

Thoughts on why?

3 hours ago, ******* said:

Any interest? 

How's abouts you give your view first, with some rationale pro or con?

I would love to kick to see the Bills kick the tires on Crabtree. We're NOT going to find receivers without warts in free agency. Those guys don't hit the open market.

He was a buried on the depth chart in Baltimore and played a large percentage of the season with a run first quarterback. He's NOT Julio Jones, but he's also not KB.

Edited by BillsSB2020

40 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Here we go, another bum gets cut and we got a "should we" thread.  

Real question to the OP...why would we or should we have interest in Crabtree?  We already got rid of a WR who cant separate, is slow, and on the down side of his career.  We don't need a KB clone, we need real WR talent.  I mean, Ravens need WR help and just cut him after one season.  So if he isnt good enough for a team who needs help at WR then why is he someone we need to consider signing?

PLEASE NO WASHED UP RETREAD...this is a resounding NO

Couldn't have written this better

Wow... he got paid $8Mil last year.

His numbers were Ok...

I think he will get an offer elsewhere for more than what Beane will pay.. I’m hoping they have their WR free agent sights set a little higher and they have got to be looking at picking up one of the top guys in the draft...

10 minutes ago, stuvian said:

he's an improvement over what we have

If I gave you two bags of dog poop, one will smell better than the other...but that doesn't also mean it also smells good.  

Hard no on Crabtree and any other WR that runs a 40 in 9 seconds.

31 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So here's a Q: really good hands....his catch % is pretty low these days.  

Was good when he was a 3-4 yr guy.  Last season 54%, season before 57%.

Thoughts on why?

How's abouts you give your view first, with some rationale pro or con?

I think the QB play for his team the last few seasons hasn’t been great 

lamar can struggle to pass the ball

He also always gets a good share of jump balls and back shoulder balls because that is the type of WR he is

he comes down with 50-50 balls way better than KB. He would be a back shoulder menace with Allen. 

He definitely would be an upgrade 

3 hours ago, wppete said:

I’ll pass.... we need young speed WRs.

Totally disagree.  We need WR's that understand what the defense is in and where to go to get open.  A WR that knows this is simultaneously helping a young QB understand.  Then that teaching gets extended into the classroom.  

This game is so much harder than just hey I'm fast, I'll get open, or I'll just ran past everyone.  

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don’t believe the league views Allen as an upgrade over Tyrod at this point, right or wrong.  As a receiver, just blindly looking at Allen’s stats, would you bet your career and future earnings on Allen?  They might be dead wrong but his is how players and agents think.  

Yeah but compared with Lamar Jackson?

9 drops is a lot.  Only caught a little more than half the balls thrown to him.  The same website has KB with only 2 drops but an astonishing 25 catches on 67 attempts.  

At his age I would pass unless it was one year deal.  He still likely would be better than Zay and could be a decent mentor for a new rookie.  WR is a really difficult position to learn the nuances of the game.  But that said, time to go young, tall, and fast. This team needs a gamebreaker at WR.  

FYI Calvin Ridley and Julio Jones had 10 and 9 drops respectively....

2 hours ago, White Linen said:

Totally disagree.  We need WR's that understand what the defense is in and where to go to get open.  A WR that knows this is simultaneously helping a young QB understand.  Then that teaching gets extended into the classroom.  

This game is so much harder than just hey I'm fast, I'll get open, or I'll just ran past everyone.  

Our Offense requires highly intelligent WRs

2 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Our Offense requires highly intelligent WRs

To be honest I'm not sure what the Bills offense requires. People say that Daboll runs the Patriots offense but the Patriot offense is completely derived from Tom Brady's abilities as a QB- accurate short and medium range passing with an incredible ability to read defenses and make quick, correct decisions both before and after the snap.  It can't possibly look the same with Josh Allen at QB. His is obviously different physically and undoubtedly intellectually as well.

Cmon now people. This isn’t the 49er Crabtree, or even the raider Crabtree. 

We seriously have to stop overhyping players cause we heard their name or they used to be good or “they’re better than what we have now” 

There’s likely 30+ receivers that’ll hit the market that would be considered better than what we have now. More cap casualties will be coming. There’s a lot of better options than adding Crabtree. And will be more coming soon 

• Like (+1) 1