Since BBMB Shut Down - Do you Go To buffalobills.com?

Irv

The content was never good (boring and biased) nor up-to-date.  Haven't been on that sight more than a handful of times since BBMB closed shop.  I like the content here although I can't read the Buffalo News stuff - not a subscriber.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Articles and videos that are pasted on this site.  That's about it.

Yup. Stopped going to BB.com message boards not too long after I found this place and only went to the website for video content. 90% or more of my Bills info comes from right here. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It was like a salt lick.  Hardly go there for news at all, but I get misty-eyed wondering how Jeffrey93 is developing as a young person trying to navigate the complexities of Canada. I also hope MacAddict104 stopped with the gambling away of his children's Christmas toy funds.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

It was like a salt lick.  Hardly go there for news at all, but I get misty-eyed wondering how Jeffrey93 is developing as a young person trying to navigate the complexities of Canada. I also hope MacAddict104 stopped with the gambling away of his children's Christmas toy funds.  

McAddict was classic, i really miss him.

In fairness, even when I was on the BBMB almost constantly, I never really went to the bills site anyway. Literally if anything bills related happened anywhere it was on the BBMB within seconds. You never really had to go anywhere else. For however aggravating it was with the occasional troll posts, it was second to none as a news resource.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Only to watch interviews 

I usually watch the interviews on Twitter or Facebook. 

6 minutes ago, Steptide said:

As someone who was on the bbmb for a long time, this board is 100x's better. I only go to the bills app to look at the schedule or watch press conferences if I feel inclined 

I agree, this message board is way better. There were so many trolls on the BBMB.

47 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

In fairness, even when I was on the BBMB almost constantly, I never really went to the bills site anyway. Literally if anything bills related happened anywhere it was on the BBMB within seconds. You never really had to go anywhere else. For however aggravating it was with the occasional troll posts, it was second to none as a news resource.

Ditto.

32 minutes ago, Rico said:

Chris Brown would be good for a laugh every now and then.

I remember when CB referred to Fitz trimming his beard as "manscaping."

latest?cb=20160826222827

• Haha (+1) 2

I think I may go to the Bills site more in the offseason then I do in the Regular season. Mainly just for managing my season tickets around renewal time, or relocation. I just get Bills news from here, or using Google. WGR and facebook usually break Big Bills news faster then the Bills website.

On 11/29/2018 at 11:26 AM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

tbd is just as good a source as bbmb was and really a much better board overall imo. bbmb was totally manipulated by moderators who had big egos (richard heads) and basically ruined the board. at least the mods here are tolerable.  bills related "breaking" news is posted here at tbd just as it was there. anyone can do a google search and find numerous bills related sources on their own but those less motivated (lazy) may need to depend on the board here for the latest bills "breaking" news, which does make tbd a reliable source.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Not really, usually just to check the schedule and any player transactions as they do those infographics any time they bring in a new guy. The BBMB was a daily stop for me going all the way back to 2002. They switched message board providers/service in 2004 which, if I recall, caused some grief with the posters at that point. When they got rid of the BBMB they said that fan interaction would shift to social media but any time I scroll through comment sections on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook, it's mostly just people shouting random stuff and no real conversations or interactions going on. The board always provided a good place for fans to come together and (usually) have civil discussions about all things Bills. I don't think social media comment sections have done very good in replacing that.

This board was fairly active while the BBMB was still around but it received a huge boom in new posters migrating from BBMB and for the most part, it's replaced the BBMB almost in full. I'm sure there aren't as many posters here as there was on BBMB but overall, it's been a viable replacement.

1 hour ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

Ben, seriously man?

Oh boy.

I never used that message board.  Historically, I'm probably 99% affiliated with TBD, 1% with BR.  

I haven't visited the official site all year.  This is my site for Bills breaking news, content and opinion.  Nobody breaks the Bills news faster than the fans on this site.

• Like (+1) 1