Since BBMB Shut Down - Do you Go To buffalobills.com?

Irv

3 hours ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Only to watch interviews 

Yea me too.

3 hours ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Nope.  I miss it.  I always was on both boards but BBMB was my primary.  Still annoyed with how they pulled the rug out from under us overnight.  I haven't been back since.

I was pissed how they did it. But I’m glad I got on here the day they shut it down. This board is so much better. 

Woah!!! Just checked and it turns out BBMB is open again and thriving!!! You former members should go check it out!!! Ill admit,  ill miss the good hearted silliness and hitting my head on the desk but i understand bc it was your 1st love. Have fun!!;)

Edited by gobills1212
  • Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Steptide said:

The "rules" over there were a bit ridiculous also. You almost had to behave like you were at work. 

Yep. And the blatant favoritism/circle jerk of and by certain mods. 

I always try to keep it respectful, I don’t say anything on MB’s that I wouldn’t say to someone’s face.  I got several random petty infractions, the last straw for me was getting nicked for posting a stand-up clip that had one “s word” in it. I forget the mod but I got some high and mighty lecture about keeping the board PG-13. Um, pretty sure there’s much ‘worse’ in PG13 movies than the S word. So I was pretty much miffed and done and said the site won’t even get my hits anymore. Went back like a month later and the boars was nuked.

Good riddance. This place is a million times better, wish I had found it sooner.

As for the OP, nope. In fact not even their app, took screenshots of all my tix and then deleted it.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

I remember when Jerry Sullivan was on BBMB and used the name @Gugny. Not sure if he ever made it over to this place. I always thought he was a smug, arrogant dolt on BBMB. He’d never last here. 

This didn't tag me, but I found it.  

Reported.

• Haha (+1) 1

I was a regular on the BBMB and would watch the videos and check out the articles... Now I don’t go there at all. TBD is awesome and way better than BBMB ever was. You have to wonder whether they monitored the traffic to their site before and after shutting down the message board. I have to imagine it fell off a cliff, but I don’t know if they even care. I suppose I miss the board crashing on gameday every week.

Maybe once or twice to check news but not really.     That board was going downhill fast, but there should have been some type of warning.    I didn't stop going to the site out of protest, more then I never really looked at anything there besides the BBMB in the first place.  

I do not post here nearly as much as I did there, but this board is higher quality overall and I am glad to have found it.

9 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Curious, did bbmb have a poster with the screen name of neeraj or something similar? 

That was the Democrat and Chronicle 

forums.  If I'm not mistaken that person posts here frequently 

WEO was also a regular there.  

That also reminds me of the asshat Miami fan JackRabbit 

Funny thing is at that time at the D&C, we thought this place was like the BBMB.  Bunch a whiners.   

How times change and yet it seems it never does.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Steptide said:

As someone who was on the bbmb for a long time, this board is 100x's better. I only go to the bills app to look at the schedule or watch press conferences if I feel inclined 

yeah i'm not going any farther than this. i joined bbmb in 2004 and  i used to go to the bills site to log on so it was peripheral  info from the team site. i went there just to click on message board....and quite frankly found that board very entertaining. the only thing better here is the by product of updated technology and such.

it seems as though a majority here are from there...AND YOUZ KNOW WHO YOUZ ARE....and the rest of us do too.  anywho, there wasn't much copy and paste in those days, not to mention the advance of social media platforms.  that being said, i enjoyed bbmb and now i enjoy this. no blood, no foul......

but no, i very rarely go on the team site only for roster, schedule and articles that 26 posts.

6 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

anywho, there wasn't much copy and paste in those days, not to mention the advance of social media platforms t

And that was a HUGE benefit 

you could link a story but you were not allowed to post the entire story.  

Oh also on the D&C forums was my Daily Babe Thread 

I cant recall if it was 1000 + pages or 4000 + pages.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

And that was a HUGE benefit 

you could link a story but you were not allowed to post the entire story.  

Oh also on the D&C forums was my Daily Babe Thread 

I cant recall if it was 1000 + pages or 40000 + pages.  

not quite sure what you're getting at here but when 26 posts links to articles (and we've had our differences),  i like it because i can hit the link and read without visiting multiple sites and i really enjoy the reading material without having to leave this board to do so. i'm still not on twitter as i can't yet see myself as a twit....but to each his/her own.

i have to set limits on how far on the grid i am. besides the d&c is dead.  who reads or gets the paper anymore?

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

On accident on occasion.  Habits are hard to break.

I remember it crashing after the TO signing.

this is a bit off the trail here but, there used to be a guy named skeletor on bbmb that posted a pic of jauron on halloween in a coffin and to this day when i think of it i get a chuckle.

wish i would have saved that. funny af.

4 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

not quite sure what you're getting at here but when 26 posts links to articles (and we've had our differences),  i like it because i can hit the link and read without visiting multiple sites and i really enjoy the reading material without having to leave this board to do so. i'm still not on twitter as i can't yet see myself as a twit....but to each his/her own.

i have to set limits on how far on the grid i am. besides the d&c is dead.  who reads or gets the paper anymore?

What’s the term for posting someone else’s story...... infringement?

There are rules and regulations that need to be adhered to 

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

What’s the term for posting someone else’s story...... infringement?

i believe the term is internet....

edit: i don't care, if i see an interesting subject/link, it saves me time and most of the time it's a good read....so

Edited by billsredneck1
  • Haha (+1) 1

A thread should be started about the most hated posters on BBMB.  By far, mine was some jack wagon with 8 million posts named Schpeily or some spelling like that.  Some of those guys probably committed suicide the day that board got shut down.  

33 minutes ago, Irv said:

A thread should be started about the most hated posters on BBMB.  By far, mine was some jack wagon with 8 million posts named Schpeily or some spelling like that.  Some of those guys probably committed suicide the day that board got shut down.  

Ah man, I can’t remember the guys username, he ended up getting permabanned for flying off the handle on people. One time he got all heated after we went back and forth over some Bills bologna and threatened to come “find me” at the stadium. So I posted my seat # and said “stop by any time, I’m there every homegame. Bring beer.”

He never showed :(

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Irv said:

The content was never good (boring and biased) nor up-to-date.  Haven't been on that sight more than a handful of times since BBMB closed shop.  I like the content here although I can't read the Buffalo News stuff - not a subscriber.

Didn't go a lot before; even less now.