McCoy is done, Trade him

QB Bills

And he needs to be moved before other teams realize this. I know he's playing hurt, but the signs were there last year. He's clearly lost a step. Ivory and Murphy have been better this season. Ship him out and try to get anything for him while unloading that contract. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don’t agree with that.

He needs touches, he has always been a back to take negative runs and dance in the backfield. He’s only effective if he’s touching the ball 20+ times and gets a shot to break a few runs. 

The rest of the plays he generally has me yelling at the tv “just run straight and get the two yards” 

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

And he needs to be moved before other teams realize this. I know he's playing hurt, but the signs were there last year. He's clearly lost a step. Ivory and Murphy have been better this season. Ship him out and try to get anything for him while unloading that contract. 

If he has lost a step, you really don't think other teams would realize that before you did?

• Like (+1) 2

This will be his last season with the Bill's. We'll keep Murphy and Ivory and draft another RB. Everything will accelerate if he found even partially responsible for the jewelry beat down. Other players joining Shady off this roster next year will include KB, Holmes, Taiwan, Alexander, Kyle, Peterman,  Miller, Lawson, Lee and Clay to name just a few.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Phew...reading the title of the post, I thought Shady retired, only after the game.

I guess that would have been better than doing it at halftime.

:lol:

14 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

How unusual, I knee jerk thread on TSW.

And a grammatical error.

He is the only good player we have on offense. It’s a shame that our OC doesn’t know that. Maybe he would get the ball every once in a while. If I was the Bills OC, Shady would have an OJ level workload in this offense. I would get Shady 30+ touches a game, no that’s not hyperbole and yes I realize how much that is and how rare that is in today’s game. You are not saving this guy for the future. Shady is all we have. Use him with no fear. 20-25 carries minimum and 5-10 catches a game. It’s the only chance we will ever have to beat anyone. Our WRs do not belong in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

i think he's lost a bit of speed and he was never fast speed wise to begin with.   plus he cant break tackles.   combine this with a line that does not open up holes or block near as well and he doesnt look as good as in the past.  im really liking Ivory for now....with this line you need his power to break through tackles.  

Edited by Comebackkid

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

This will be his last season with the Bill's. We'll keep Murphy and Ivory and draft another RB. Everything will accelerate if he found even partially responsible for the jewelry beat down. Other players joining Shady off this roster next year will include KB, Holmes, Taiwan, Alexander, Kyle, Peterman,  Miller, Lawson, Lee and Clay to name just a few.

This is spot on.  Guys, we are going to be pretty bad this year.  And probably just as bad next year.  I don't think we will see significant improvement until the following year.  There is just a serious lack of talent on the team right now.  Any talent we had was being overpaid and traded for draft capital.  I'm still along for the ride but I do wish we had an offensive guy at the helm.

Going into this season I was worried they were going to overwork him!

I wanna see McCoy and Ivory in a 2 back set. McCoy is a skilled receiver out of the backfield so it's not that limiting. They need a speedster on the outside to get the Safeties a little more concerned about a deep pass, and a DB a few steps further from the line.

Just sign the fastest guy off the street. Bring in a track star. I know those guys are frustrating, and on a team with decent receivers they become completely useless, but for this team it could open things up a little. How much more useless can a guy be than Robert Foster?

Edited by OJ Tom

1 hour ago, PolishPrince said:

Anyone else find it insane that we have a rookie QB, with minimal WR "help," playing in his third ever start facing a lot of pressure... and we call 10 total RB runs. 5 for Ivory and 5 for McCoy - that makes no sense to me.

This is the only team in the history of the NFL that abandons the run before the national anthem.  WTF?  I wonder if Shady still thinks Dabol is a "genius"?

6 hours ago, PolishPrince said:

Anyone else find it insane that we have a rookie QB, with minimal WR "help," playing in his third ever start facing a lot of pressure... and we call 10 total RB runs. 5 for Ivory and 5 for McCoy - that makes no sense to me.

When they didn't run the ball in the preseason I thought it was so that they could see what they had at QB. But now it looks like it's just their offense. As you say, not ideal given their personnel.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Azucho98 said:

This is the only team in the history of the NFL that abandons the run before the national anthem.  WTF?  I wonder if Shady still thinks Dabol is a "genius"?

I was wondering the same thing.  It doesn't take a genius to figure out to feature the run when you have a rookie QB.  That doesn't mean having your QB run the ball though.

I was saying all offseason we should look to trade him while he was still a valued commodity considering we were in full rebuild mold and a 30 year old running back doesn't fit into our future plans.  Hey Beane, read this damn board.  You might learn something.

7 hours ago, DallasMac said:

This is spot on.  Guys, we are going to be pretty bad this year.  And probably just as bad next year.  I don't think we will see significant improvement until the following year.  There is just a serious lack of talent on the team right now.  Any talent we had was being overpaid and traded for draft capital.  I'm still along for the ride but I do wish we had an offensive guy at the helm.

great...so no winning for a few more years...this is fun...

8 hours ago, QB Bills said:

Last year he carried our offense to end the streak.  When he was pounding the turf in pain in game 16 and then carted off the field we knew it was our offense on that golf cart.  He's not young and not in his prime but c'mon already. 

8 hours ago, QB Bills said:

Change the title of your post