Cordy Glenn traded to bengals

1 minute ago, Putin said:

Yes but what is so impressive about this trade is that ( IMO ) I don’t believe Glenn was part of the future on moving forward !

he was burning a hole in their pockets.

It could have been announced that they were getting a 4th rounder and I wouldnt have been shocked

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

I'm generally happy about the trade, but since Wil Wolford, has there better a better Bills LT than Glenn (when healthy)?

Jason Peters I thinnk for a year.

Glenn was great for us. We got him with a 2nd, overall paid him way less then he was wroth (rookie contract) and then got a great deal trading him away.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Not very good? Come on. 

It's either Rosen or Darnold at this point. I like Darnold the most. I think he has the most upside, but get me either one. 

I wouldn't rule out Allen or Baker either, in fact, I think Baker is way more in play than some here think.  

6 minutes ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

I just don't like what I hear about the 'tude. I want a football nerd/junky

He is. 

From everything ive read from his teammates and coaches, all that stuff is BS. 

Did you happen to see the articles with all the quotes from his teammates on these alleged rumors? 

10 minutes ago, Lurker said:

And Dawkins played less than one season.   It will be much harder for Dawkins in year 2 once teams tear apart film and game plan for him.

So they save $2 million on the cap by trading him now ($4.8 million savings vs. $2.8 million if getting rid of him later in the year).   I hope that $2 million is worth it in terms of a low-level FA or some other move...

You're not going to factor in the fact that we moved from 21 to 12 and made it way easier to get to into the top 5?

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I'm generally happy about the trade, but since Wil Wolford, has there better a better Bills LT than Glenn (when healthy)?

Jason Peters? 

Still, your point is valid. Glenn was a stud, but I'm also not counting out Dawkins as a future stud.

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I actually thought a month ago that I would trade 21 and 22 and Glenn for Rosen, and that it was possible with the right team. That seems doable now.

Sorry for not keeping track, but is Rosen your preference? A lot of people have opinions here, but I put more value in yours, so I'm curious...

3 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Complete terms, via a league source: #Bills trade Cordy Glenn, picks No. 21 (first round) and No. 158 (fifth round) for picks No. 12 (first round) and No. 187 (sixth round).

That is what I stated in another thread before tweet - Bills did not have 6th so it was the Bills swapping their 5th for their 6th. 

4 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

It would probably take 12, 22, 53 and 65 for #2.

That's my guess too.

A lot better than both 1sts, both 2nds and both 3rds! 

And more appealing going to 12 instead of 21 for a team moving back 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Yeah I think that they could have gotten up to #2 without trading Glenn but they didn't get fleeced.

Well played finding a team that didn't mind giving up a little extra value to get a LT.    

Great deal for Cinci if Cordy is healthy too.........difference between 12th best and 21st best player in this draft ain't much if you aren't looking for a QB.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I actually thought a month ago 

I know man. But next year when you get your column back, your head may clear again. Hang in there.

(No other agenda here aside from I saw the opportunity and took it it. No offense! Love your column :) 

Edited by BadLandsMeanie
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Can you tell us why? He's not very good but i keep.seeing him as everyone's top QB so I'm curious

Wow if we could stay at 12 and get Mayfield I wouldn’t ask for anything ( Christmas ) for the rest of my life 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Putin said:

Yes but what is so impressive about this trade is that ( IMO ) I don’t believe Glenn was part of the future on moving forward !

I agree. Having the 12th pick in the draft now is pretty incredible. I think they were going to address the offensive line anyway and I think they regard Dawkins as a left tackle.

21 minutes ago, Wsam4031 said:

If this is true hate it unless its for a 2nd. Good tackles don't grow in trees

As much as I wanted Dawkins and glenn for my tackles this is great news and a win for buffalo! QB here we come!

1 minute ago, Nitro said:

Need OG, OT and C.  FA fix and draft.  

Not even. Ducasse and Miller can battle for guard spot (hopefully improve under new system). 

Groy can be the center.

-Right Tackle is a need. 

-depth on the inside is a need, but can happen in the later rounds of the draft. 

18 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

For reals...loving the McBeane era...although admittedly haven't agreed with every thing he has done since being here, I still love what he is doing overall and fully buy into this regime.  

feels like it's too easy. Did Bean make the other GMs in the league more stupid somehow?

• Haha (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I'll be pissed if that's all we got. 

The rumor was that the Seahawks were hot after Glenn but didn't end up trading for him because the cost was prohibitive. 

They traded for Duane Brown instead, giving up a 2018 3rd and 2019 2nd for Brown and a 5th. 

So in short. We made the playoffs and now have the #12 pick...and likely still moving. Anyone miss Rex/Whaley?

• Like (+1) 1

This puts Buffalo in the drivers seat.  They now have the cap space to make a run at any FA Qb.  If Cousins signs with Buffalo, they could draft the best LB at 12 and a top DT at 22.  On the other hand they could plug all the holes on the roster in FA during the draft get the top QB they covet and still  have 4 or 5  picks in the top 3 rounds.  Beane is looking like a stud.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

That's my guess too.

A lot better than both 1sts, both 2nds and both 3rds! 

And more appealing going to 12 instead of 21 for a team moving back 

I can definitely live with a trade up now, much much easier to manage. We will have #2, a 2nd and a 3rd this year and not be on the hook in 2019.

Finally a front office that is worth a damn. 

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Would be incredible. I don't think our FO likes him, but I hope I'm wrong. 

same here.  I think Darnold needs to sit for a year or so.  His turnovers are concerning.  And I'm not overly impressed with Rosen.  He comes off as a guy that doesn't care about football that much, IMO.  And the concussions are a major concern.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

The Bills now have the 12th, 22nd, 53rd, 56th, 65th and 96th picks over the draft's first two nights. Fair to say Buffalo might not be done moving either.

If the 12th and 22nd get them up to 3rd for the QB, I love what they can get at 53, 56, 65 and 96--picks in that range generally are the backbone of a good team!     

I hate giving up Glenn with so little depth on the OL.  But if we get a guy like Price or another stud in round 2 it will be a coup...