Cordy Glenn traded to bengals

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

For reals...loving the McBeane era...although admittedly haven't agreed with every thing he has done since being here, I still love what he is doing overall and fully buy into this regime.  

....Nix started hibernating when the season was over in NOVEMBER and set his alarm for FA......Whaley was an ongoing roster churner but McBeane is McWTF.......lad keeps truckin'........

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

For reals...loving the McBeane era...although admittedly haven't agreed with every thing he has done since being here, I still love what he is doing overall and fully buy into this regime.  

WTF - this is great!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

While I am stoked about moving up to 12, I think we should have at least gotten back a mid round pick in addition to it if we gave them our first and Glenn.  Starting LT's have value...so hoping its more than just a swap of firsts.  

Again, stoked still even if not, but I am hoping we pick up a 3rd or 4th too...even if its a next years mid round pick.

Ok, it seems like we moved up 9 or 10 spots, gave up Glenn and either 21 or 22. I'm good w/ that. I think. Maybe. Sure.

Also swapped picked in the 5 & 6th rounds. I'm assuming we get their 6th, they get out 5th.

Edited by 707BillsFan

3 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

When Whaley inked someone, maybe Hughes, he said he was happy because the Bills had their six key players.   He said you can afford to pay six guys big salaries, and the Bills had their six.   Well, Gilmore, Dareus, Taylor and Watkins are GONE.   So much for his key players.  

We still have knees of clay Clay.

4 minutes ago, BrotherChazz said:

Why? Dawkins is stability at LT. Glenn only played in 5 games.

And Dawkins played less than one season.   It will be much harder for Dawkins in year 2 once teams tear apart film and game plan for him.

So they save $2 million on the cap by trading him now ($4.8 million savings vs. $2.8 million if getting rid of him later in the year).   I hope that $2 million is worth it in terms of a low-level FA or some other move...

Holy smokes!

Wouldn't it be funny if it turned out that Beane and McDermott are actually just crazy? :)

And they just keep trading and trading people because they can't stop?

I mean like funny, after a long time looking back on it kind of funny.

Anyway I hope they are right about Dawkins.  We don't have Tyrod the Escape Artist at QB any more.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

WTF - this is great!!!!

Yes, I totally agree...I think you misread what I meant...I haven't PREVIOUSLY agreed with every move (thought we should have waited to get more for Dareus for example)...but I absolutely love all the moves he is making right now and love his plan overall.  I am fully engulfed in this new regime of McD and Beane.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

He sure is but Dawkins is a helluva player as well and almost certainly will improve in year 2, and he's already a stud! 

Any time you have a stud LT on a rookie deal, that really helps the whole roster because veterans at LT cost an arm and a leg. 

Fantastic move, more ammo in draft and FA! 

This front office continues to impress!

This Front office is beyond ( I’m speechless ) 

wow !!!!!