Cordy Glenn traded to bengals

4 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Jason Peters I thinnk for a year.

Glenn was great for us. We got him with a 2nd, overall paid him way less then he was wroth (rookie contract) and then got a great deal trading him away.

I do not think Peters was if you included the baggage for his agent who is currently in hell.

I agree about Glenn except for fact the Bills paid him big dollars to sit on bench.

3 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Sorry for not keeping track, but is Rosen your preference? A lot of people have opinions here, but I put more value in yours, so I'm curious...

Yeah, he is. Darnold was last year. But now I prefer Rosen. It's impossible to know anything of course. If I had my pick I would take Rosen.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

This puts Buffalo in the drivers seat.  They now have the cap space to make a run at any FA Qb.  If Cousins signs with Buffalo, they could draft the best LB at 12 and a top DT at 22.  On the other hand they could plug all the holes on the roster in FA during the draft get the top QB they covet and still  have 4 or 5  picks in the top 3 rounds.  Beane is looking like a stud.  

'100% agree.  This is nothing short of amazing, IMO.  Not only that, in the 2nd they could take someone like Mike White to learn from the FA QB.  Or L. Jackson if he lasts till the 2nd.  

1 minute ago, Dkollidas said:

Not even. Ducasse and Miller can battle for guard spot (hopefully improve under new system). 

Groy can be the center.

-Right Tackle is a need. 

-depth on the inside is a need, but can happen in the later rounds of the draft. 

Duc is  horrid.  Miller is a roller coaster.  Need better talent.   Groy is stop gap.  You build from the center out.

11 minutes ago, wppete said:

Amazing!!!!!! What an amazing trade. We won this one also. #12 and #22 in the first round now. Great job McBean. 

This is is our Guy ????

DXepqjDVMAAr4I4?format=jpg&name=medium

If this is truly a done deal then Beane has done well today.  I figured it would have cost two 1st's to get up in that range so that was like getting a low 1st or top 2nd for Glenn

I know I am not the only one who has had this thought, but man, this move has me thinking that the Bills have talked to the Giants, Colts, and Browns and have found out how far they are willing to drop in a trade down.  With what they learned, we got ourselves into that position and are firmly in the process of getting one of those top 3 picks.

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Anxious to see what we got! Hope it's a good return (2nd). 

Glenn is a proven franchise caliber LT, and was very reliably available up until that foot injury. 

Also, I sure hope Dawkins is able to continue playing like he did last season... 

A 3rd at best. 

4 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

Listen to Geary's intentional scouting podcast on him and you may think differently.  

I'll listen, but I did my own work. Yes he needs a lot of refinement, but I just think he has the most upside, physically and mentally to play QB in the NFL. 

Send the link. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

same here.  I think Darnold needs to sit for a year or so.  His turnovers are concerning.  And I'm not overly impressed with Rosen.  He comes off as a guy that doesn't care about football that much, IMO.  And the concussions are a major concern.  

Hey I don't know that much.

But from what I read Rosen knows the most about football by a lot.

And he alone worked on his mechanics enough to have them pro ready.

I don't see all that work and dedication is meaning that he doesn't care about football.

5 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

I know man. But next year when you get your column back, your head may clear again. Hang in there.

(No other agenda here aside from I saw the opportunity and took it it. No offense! Love your column :) 

I still do them occasionally. Maybe one a month. Too busy at regular work. Thanks though.

3 minutes ago, Magox said:

I keep hearing conflicting reports on what this means for the cap.   How much do we save on the cap for 2018?

I read $3 mil, but I read it HERE, so take that for what it’s worth! 

53 minutes ago, gobilz said:

Mini  boner 

....Jesus...entering year 56 following this club, I even felt a faint twinge myself........the Smithsonian actually detected it................

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

Maybe Glenn did not want to play RT, by moving up to 12 we make sure we get the best DT, good linebacker at 22, a couple good players in the 2nd, high quality depth with two picks in the 3rd, or we could just trade all that away for Ryan Leaf.

2 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

It's difficult for me to watch the front office make all these incredible moves, and then somehow think it culminates with signing Kirk Cousins.

I don't think you trade up if you're going to sign Cousins.    If you're getting Cousins, you want to add a lot of talent, not one guy at pick number 12.   I'd rather have the 21 and 22 and get two good players.    

I think this trade means the Bills sign a journeyman, bridge QB, because this looks like they're going after their QB of the future in the draft. 

7 minutes ago, BrotherChazz said:

You're not going to factor in the fact that we moved from 21 to 12 and made it way easier to get to into the top 5?

Chazz!! Hiya pal!

As for the topic. It works out I think that the Bills paid Glenn and the 10 million or so they eat of his salary, to move from 21 to 12. The money is part of it because teh Bengals can use that on their own players as I understand things right now.

2 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Hey I don't know that much.

But from what I read Rosen knows the most about football by a lot.

And he alone worked on his mechanics enough to have them pro ready.

I don't see all that work and dedication is meaning that he doesn't care about football.

I think that it means if Rosen gets into a situation he dislikes (he already pooh-poohed Cleveland) that he going to pull a Ryan Leaf.

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I wouldn't rule out Allen or Baker either, in fact, I think Baker is way more in play than some here think.  

Baker would be fantastic. Any of those 3, Rosen, Darnold, or Mayfield and I will feel like we finally have a QB to work with. 

Allen has it physically, but mentally he doesn't see the game well enough for me to like him. 

I would also love Lamar Jackson, but he is a different type of player. 

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Yeah, he is. Darnold was last year. But now I prefer Rosen. It's impossible to know anything of course. If I had my pick I would take Rosen.  

Glad to hear it.   I'm all in for Rosen too, but that worries me since my track record for evaluating QBs has been so poor in recent years.   :D  

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Shaw66 said:

I don't think you trade up if you're going to sign Cousins.    If you're getting Cousins, you want to add a lot of talent, not one guy at pick number 12.   I'd rather have the 21 and 22 and get two good players.    

I think this trade means the Bills sign a journeyman, bridge QB, because this looks like they're going after their QB of the future in the draft. 

I may be wrong, but I don't care if he only costs a box of HoHos. I've seen enough Kirk Cousins to know I don't want him as our QB.

8 minutes ago, Magox said:

I keep hearing conflicting reports on what this means for the cap.   How much do we save on the cap for 2018?

So looks like we gained $4.8mm in cap room by trading Glenn.