Cordy Glenn traded to bengals

16 minutes ago, Mango said:

God I hope there isn't a plot twist to this and we give Philly what they are asking for for Foles

Nah. These guys are going for a young franchise caliber guy. They’ve talked from the beginning about “sustained success”. Not standing pat at 9-7, etc etc. They want a guy that will be here for 10-15years. Not 2-4years.

• Like (+1) 1

1. Trade up with Giants

2. Pump-fake the Browns into thinking you are taking their QB at #2

3. Cleveland panics and takes their QB  - Bills take BARKLEY!!! at 2

4. TRADE Shady to Philly for Foles!!!

Championship.

Edited by BobChalmers
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, RochesterRob said:

Can you imagine the meltdown here if 12 is used on Smith?

If we don't trade up again I can't imagine we'll use 12 on a QB, doesn't make sense. If you're drafting a QB in this class it's either in the top 6 or after 20. Everyone is assuming we will trade up again but it's not a certainty. Still very likely though.

2 minutes ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Also just a thought, I would think Beane would want a tougher and less fragile QB like Darnold. But like you said, we'll have to wait and see.

And I think they have hopefully earned some trust. They won’t always be right, but they are not afraid of the bold move and seem to get more right than wrong. It will take some serious blunders before I bash them. 

7 minutes ago, KRT88 said:

This is NOT the same old Bills!

forward thinking!

12, 22, 56, 65, 2019 2nd for #2 pick! 

You could trade in your house for a new pick up truck with all the bells and whistles.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

If we don't trade up again I can't imagine we'll use 12 on a QB, doesn't make sense. If you're drafting a QB in this class it's either in the top 6 or after 20. Everyone is assuming we will trade up again but it's not a certainty. Still very likely though.

Mayfield could be there at 12 depending on how the FA goes

Just now, cba fan said:

That doesn't sound like a dream. More of a nightmare result.

It was. I woke up in a panic and got online to post about how bad Darnold is but everything online says he's good and I can't figure out why

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Rudolph or Mayfield. 

Never forget that this team is committed to seniors. Last year they actually moved around until they could get the seniors they wanted. It's not Rosen, it's not Darnold. 

I feel like Quarterback is one position where the exception is made to prove the rule. 

Get your guy, sign a vet and basically red shirt the rookie. 

Personally think the value was low. 

Cincinnati got a stud LT who is on a reasonable contract because we have already paid the big dollars on it.  The foot surgeries are in his past and is now healthy.  The market for OTs is so crappy both in FA and draft.  Not a good return considering everything.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, kdiggz said:

It was. I woke up in a panic and got online to post about how bad Darnold is but everything online says he's good and I can't figure out why

It's Hollywood, man!   Special effects and PR...

6 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

I hope so because I like Darnold slightly more than Rosen.

Won't the Browns most likely take Darnold 1st overall though? 

There's talk that the Browns like Josh Allen best of the QBs available but could see them taking Darnold too because of the USC connection with their HC.

8 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

your crazy you don't need to give that much.

You wanna bet. Look at trades in 2016! When they know you want a QB you gotta go well over the chart score. If your the NYG, are you giving the puck away or fleecing the suitors? 

8 minutes ago, bmur66 said:

Cordy Glen has been a rock since day one. Name a better Bills LT. This is the only way I am happy to see him go because he is getting us a QB. Good luck Cordy.

A "rock"???  Of all the things to call him!!!  :lol:

I love Cordy when he's on the field - but he's broken.  I'm actually worried this deal will fall through b/c he fails his physical.

Edited by BobChalmers

1 minute ago, Ittakestime said:

Personally think the value was low. 

Cincinnati got a stud LT who is on a reasonable contract because we have already paid the big dollars on it.  The foot surgeries are in his past and is now healthy.  The market for OTs is so crappy both in FA and draft.  Not a good return considering everything.

scrooge1-300x294.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, mannc said:

No.  I have to believe this trade is made with yet another move in mind.  Otherwise, why do it now?  No one really has any idea now who will be on the board at 12, so it can’t be for a particular player.

That's a fair point, but why wait until the draft? If they had traded Glenn for a 3rd rounder no one would have batted an eye. They've been trying to trade him and they got a good offer. I'm not sure there's anything else to read into there.

10 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

I hope so because I like Darnold slightly more than Rosen.

Won't the Browns most likely take Darnold 1st overall though? 

Before they traded for Tyrod, yes but their first overall pick is now definitely for Barkley in my opinion. I think they'll take Josh Allen at 4.

38 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Yeah, he is. Darnold was last year. But now I prefer Rosen. It's impossible to know anything of course. If I had my pick I would take Rosen.  

I like Mayfield.  Rosen is my second choice.  Somewhat concerned about the injuries and Mayock says he lacks pocket awareness.  Regardless, I like the trade, but there better be a plan that brings in a solid RT and interior Oline depth.  Sure hope Billy Price drops to the second round.

8 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Everyone is so sure we are trading up :) It's is plausible but watch Beaner go balls out and we sign Cousins now. The cap room is 100% there for a reason now and just about doubles next year.

With the draft stock we have and Cousins we could be scary good.

I like this way of thinking. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

to move from 12 to 2? Not a chance

What do you mean not a chance?

Not a chance the Bills would do that or the Giants would want more?

Because.....you just don’t get any more than what that poster offered.

The Giants would take that package and run.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

5 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Seriously - WHY do people think Darnold is so good?  Are they counting his interceptions as completed passes or something?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, KRT88 said:

Sorry folks but 12 & 22 don’t get you #2. Not even on the value chart! The NYG have 5 picks in the draft. They are gonna milk this cow for 5 picks! 

It gets us to number 4 and 3 if we throw in another 5th rounder in there. That's more than enough to get us Darnold or Rosen. If the Browns go Darnold and Giants go Rosen, things will get VERY, VERY interesting

Just now, BobChalmers said:

Seriously - WHY do people think Darnold is so good?  Are they counting his interceptions as completed passes or something?

Because people watched the games and didn't look at the stats.  The guy had zero time to throw.  Give this kid more than as second to throw and he will tear you apart.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KRT88 said:

Sorry folks but 12 & 22 don’t get you #2. Not even on the value chart! The NYG have 5 picks in the draft. They are gonna milk this cow for 5 picks! 

But they get you to 4 and Indy probably won't pick a QB. I suppose they could trade it though and then we would be in trouble at 4.

Consider this though. We have good relations with Cleveland for I don't know why we do but we do.

at 2 we have Gettleman connection.

at 3 we have  Frank Reich connection and they don't need a QB.

So maybe none of those teams will outright trick lie or deceive us and that is a good place to be.