Taylor to Browns for 3rd Rd

GG

20 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

He'll be at least as good as he was here under Lynn, Roman because he will more than likely be asked to be THAT guy and not what Dennison tried to make him into.

We will need to see - with all of the receivers they have - it looks like they would have been better with a quick release passer getting the ball out, but now they have the longest release in the league.

Not sure what they will run, but they will most likely not turn it over as much.

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

Yeah I am very impressed Beane pulled the 1st pick of the 3rd round! That's not just some throw away pick...

My gut is telling me that we are trading for Foles. Just a hunch...

Id be happy with that as long as it doesn't mean we are not going after Rosen/Mayfield/Darnold. 

If they trade for him and only draft a mid/late round QB I'll be quite disappointed. 

If they trade for him thinking he can be our QB for years and skip drafting a QB all together, I'll be pissed. 

If the Bills trade early picks for Foles.......limiting their ability to trade up.......... this board will explode with rage.:lol:

Tyrod plus Josh Gordon and T. Pryor, Landry and maybe Saquon?...........THAT's what I'm talking about.........that's a dream come true setup for TT's style.

But from the Bills perspective.......$10M is nice savings going into FA when they are desperate to re-stock their awful roster and first pick of the third is fair compensation for an unpopular QB in his walk year.:thumbsup:

I love this trade........forces Beane and McD's hand to get THEIR QB and OWN it.

Not having a QB who won't turn the ball over like Tyrod will force McD to play to win.......no more safety net........and now he won't have someone else's QB to scapegoat like that "starting Peterman with the team in the playoff race" bullsh*t!:lol:

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I think this is to free up space and not have to move up. Get cap space to sign one of the FAs then see what falls to them. 

If not this could be a bad move cause all the teams interested in dealing with them know the Bills are desperate with a barely NFL capable QB on the roster and no more veteran bridge QB.

It was prob both. top pick in the 3rd is no joke. 10 mill in cap can sign a really, really nice player. The plan was always to get a QB. I'm so glad we did not throw away 6mill in cap space as well.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Tyrod definitely respected in that room, though I doubt Preston returns for '18. Anyway, Taylors a good guy, but this is a good move for the Bills in their quest to fix the QB position. 

You can't knock Tyrod as a person or as a teammate, he did all he could. He worked hard and showed good leadership, a QB that is respected in the locker room is a QB who is doing all he can. He might or might not have been the right QB for this team going forward but I can't hate the guy at all. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

That is actually a decent move for the Browns.  They were historically bad last season, and you know Tyrod will give them steady play - he won't turn the ball over and will make plays with his legs when receivers aren't open.  He's much better than what they had, and they should actually win several games.  That will create some good will among fans.  Happy fans mean a happy owner, and a happy owner may cut the new GM and incumbent head coach some slack.  For Buffalo, it's a clean break and removes the financial pressure of paying his bonus to reserve the right to trade him later.  It also says Beane is relatively confident he can obtain an upgrade whether via free agency or the draft.  The pressure will be on him to turn that potential into reality.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

What has McCarron ever done and what would you pay him. You would be going into the season with 3 unproven qbs. I ddon't like that plan.

The first thing I would do is watch the playoff game of the Bengals vs the Steelers. His college numbers are crazy good and his time as a starter are solid. 

Just now, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

The first thing I would do is watch the playoff game of the Bengals vs the Steelers. His college numbers are crazy good and his time as a starter are solid. 

Agree with you, but not a big enough sample size.  You can say that his college stats are great, which they were.  Crazy TD/INT ratio.

25 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Dang who going to the Browns next ? Steph Curry & Lebron ... May as well change they name to the Cleveland All Stars

some of our players are honestly !@#$ing delusional thinking Tyrod is a quality NFL QB

this city hasn't seen a good QB in so long its forgotten what one looks like 

Just now, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Okay. I remember him in college but have not really seen his pro game. I know he has potential but regard him as an unknown commodity still.

Its almost guaranteed now cleveland will take barkley at #1 and i still think they take a QB off the board at #4....taylor is going to be the bridge......Foles i would not mind at all!  still would like a rookie qb but i think maybe harder to get to...

1 minute ago, TigerJ said:

That is actually a decent move for the Browns.  They were historically bad last season, and you know Tyrod will give them steady play - he won't turn the ball over and will make plays with his legs when receivers aren't open.  He's much better than what they had, and they should actually win several games.  That will create some good will among fans.  Happy fans mean a happy owner, and a happy owner may cut the new GM and incumbent head coach some slack.  For Buffalo, it's a clean break and removes the financial pressure of paying his bonus to reserve the right to trade him later.  It also says Beane is relatively confident he can obtain an upgrade whether via free agency or the draft.  The pressure will be on him to turn that potential into reality.

I have a feeling Browns fans are actually pissed off and worried they will not draft a QB now.... I would be.

Well folks we have to find out if Sashi Brown has a charity to donate to!!! Him sabotaging the mccarron deal just helped us hose the browns of the 1st pick in the 3rd round!! i cant even believe it. I never thought they would get that high of a pick for him. Suddenly its beer thirty!!!

Edited by Bills365
  • Haha (+1) 1

Acquiring McCarron doesn't involve wasting a draft pick for one thing... And although I mention it as a possibility I am not advocating it necessarily... But assuming a big tradeup is going to happen for Rosen? Mayfield? or Darnold? McCarron could be a nice bridge QB and eventually either trade bait down the road or a quality veteran backup QB...

1 minute ago, TheBeane said:

Just saved us a bunch of cap room. Back in the running for Cousins?

I don't think so, and I hope not.

3 minutes ago, McNubbins said:

Browns all the way this time.  It depends on what we do with the pick.

Are you saying the Browns won this trade??? :huh:

6 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

some of our players are honestly !@#$ing delusional thinking Tyrod is a quality NFL QB

this city hasn't seen a good QB in so long its forgotten what one looks like 

Maybe youre the delusional one. 

Tre White’s delusional opinion >>> anything you have to offer

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1