Taylor to Browns for 3rd Rd

GG

Just now, Real McCoy said:

Best thing about that pick is it is the 1st one of day 2. Teams will be calling to trade for it as their guy might have slipped.

True that!

I absolutely love this trade!  Even if we don't trade up and instead sign a veteran QB and draft a ton of young talent I'll be happy.  I trust McBeane's vision at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

I'm betting the deal for Foles is done.  You don't trade your starter without a guy ready to replace him.

I think that Foles is going to be traded to Arizona. He went to college there, his wife his from there, he was just seen at and interviewed at an Arizona basketball game, his family is from nearby Texas. I think that Philly does him a solid and sends him to where he would likely want to go, and IMO that's probably Arizona.

Just now, MJS said:

I'll believe it when I see it. People have been saying this for years now. The Browns have been accumulating high picks for years and it hasn't helped them yet.

But I do think Tyrod is good enough for 6 wins, even with the Browns, unless their defense is really bad.

Their defense has a lot of potential and played pretty well last year.

They will be adding Barkley and Landry along with Tyrod and Gordon back. They should be way better. 8-8ish imo

I will miss Tyrod but this is a good return for a player the coaching staff was clearly over. I know everyone !@#$ing hates Tyrod but he was the best QB since 1 year of Drew Bledsoe and I think sadly Tyrod's 3 year run as the Bills starter was the best run a Bills QB had since Jim Kelly. Can anyone honestly say that EJ Manuel, Fiz, Trent Edwards, and JP Losman were better? Bledsoe had 1 good year, Rob Johnson stunk. Flutie is the only QB you could argue. 

Tyrod rescued this team from dreadful QB play, sure Tyrod had limitations and was at best below average but Tyrod really did help end the drought, had a winning record as a QB, and led the team to one of its most competitive 3 year stretches since the late 90's. The Browns get a QB to settle their situation, The Bills get another pick that helps them move up to build their new future around. 

• Like (+1) 5

I would have rather seen Taylor kept until a rookie was in place, but the first pick in the third round is a good grab for him.  After breaking the curse last year, this regime has earned my trust.   Hopefully a draft pick, veteran and Peterman battling for a job.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I heart you Beane

The Salary Cap savings are huge. Bills were already getting hammered by the amount of dead cap that they have for next year. Beane needs to keep a dedicated line with the Browns.

1 minute ago, T-Bomb said:

Taylor is a class act, great dude, wish it would haved worked out for him here. Move had to be made...

Best of luck to him.

It did work out for him here. He was a perennial backup in Baltimore. In Buffalo, he proved to be starter material.

..just not our future starter material..

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

That’s a pretty great deal for him. I hope he does well throwing to Landry.  I guess the Browns aren’t going after McCarron. 

I don’t know how to feel excited when we don’t know who his replacement is yet. 

This is is a good move by the Browns: veteran QB, I year on the deal, affordable and they’ll get their future qb in early in the first.

I JUST THOUGH McCarron didn’t make a lot of sense, although CB swayed me a few days ago. 

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

“They actually believed we were gonna keep him?” - Brandon Beane to someone tonight, probably.

Well said!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Helluva lot better than the 5th rounder everyone thought he would get.

Heck, this is almost a 2nd rounder!

Trade up!

Trade up!

Trade up!

Mayfield!

Mayfield!

Mayfield!

You can close out your Poll Thread now!

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Both I hope. Foles and a top notch prospect would be ideal imo. Foles 7 million cap hit would be a huge bargain, the draftee could sit for a year and the Bills can keep winning and be exciting to watch. Wow, amazed they could move his salary and get a 3rd,  the first pick of the 3rd. Hallelujah!!!

Yeah I am very impressed Beane pulled the 1st pick of the 3rd round! That's not just some throw away pick...

My gut is telling me that we are trading for Foles. Just a hunch...

Id be happy with that as long as it doesn't mean we are not going after Rosen/Mayfield/Darnold. 

If they trade for him and only draft a mid/late round QB I'll be quite disappointed. 

If they trade for him thinking he can be our QB for years and skip drafting a QB all together, I'll be pissed. 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I would have liked to see us package Tyrod and picks for the #4 pick 

If the plan was to move up then you’d think that would’ve been the trade. Suggests they may use this pick in a trade for Foles. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Yeah I am very impressed Beane pulled the 1st pick of the 3rd round! That's not just some throw away pick...

My gut is telling me that we are trading for Foles. Just a hunch...

Id be happy with that as long as it doesn't mean we are not going after Rosen/Mayfield/Darnold. 

If they trade for him and only draft a mid/late round QB I'll be quite disappointed. 

If they trade for him thinking he can be our QB for years and skip drafting a QB all together, I'll be pissed. 

They will prob send a 2nd and this 3rd for him.

I'd be content as hell with Foles paired with Rudolph or Jackson

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Nihilarian said:

I wish the guy the best in that very tough division as they not only have their Patriots type team in the Steelers they also have the Ravens to contend with...

Now I only hope the Bills find their guy in the draft, free agency.

No one in that division cares about the Browns.