Taylor to Browns for 3rd Rd

GG

34 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Great trade.

that being said, GL to Tyrod. He was always classy and one helluva competitor. Love watching him play when he’s on. 

I enjoyed those 3 games too.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Where you pick in deals is critical.

That's the reason why the Bills got caught up in the Percy Harvin scam instead of getting Brandon Marshall before his enormous season in 2015........Bills pick was a few clicks later in the round than the Jets.

If the Bills want to trade for a vet like Martavis Bryant to give their new QB a WR who can actually get open then having the last pick of the original 3rd round is a big edge over teams offering their 4th.

2 minutes ago, dgrochester55 said:

I had this opinion too, but I am ok with this.   I do think we are drafting in the first round but one of the veterans that available will be announced soon.  (Foles, Cousins, Keenum) etc.   I cant see this regime making this move without a concrete plan in the works. 

When trading in season Beane had this formula so one would think he has it out of season. If it's a trade maybe he got the Browns #3 to give to Eagles for Foles who want a 1 and 3 for him. Or at least they say the price starts there.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I guess I am not as anti-Tyrod as you are. I honestly thought we'd draft a prospect, allow the prospect to sit the bench (tossing him out unprepared ala the last 20 years) - and Tyrod was the placeholder until the newbie was ready.

Nate Peterman could be the bridge QB. No way of telling how fast a QB can develop, it took Rich Gannon more than a few years to become a good QB. The thing I like about Peterman Is that he is a gunslinger. I think rookies should be like Peyton Manning and throw their INT's in their rookie years and improve as a passer each year. You don't improve as a passer when you play the QB position like Taylor does.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, sunshynman said:

Browns trade Kizer to Packers for Randall. Browns will still pick a QB in draft. Are the Packers thinking of possibly trading Rogers?

Id give the our 2 -1sts for him!

He's probably turned into a celebrity now. Unfocused, chasing tail.

1 minute ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Three teams wanted TT possibly including Denver but this crowd is happy to see him go.  LOL. 

Hey I get it. New regime. New players. They better have a plan to get a veteran.

With Tyrod's physical gifts and work ethic, you hang around just hoping for one...more...game when he pops over the top and consistently starts to light it up. He just never did, and when you're this deep in and get a few >100 yards passing, it's hard to keep waiting.  And that playoff game....oh my.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CuddyDark said:

When trading in season Beane had this formula so one would think he has it out of season. If it's a trade maybe he got the Browns #3 to give to Eagles for Foles who want a 1 and 3 for him. Or at least they say the price starts there.

Just say no to Foles. He plays a few good games well with a great team around him. We use the picks to trade for a real starter or move up for a QB.

1 minute ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Nate Peterman could be the bridge QB. No way of telling how fast a QB can develop, it took Rich Gannon more than a few years to become a good QB. The thing I like about Peterman Is that he is a gunslinger. I think rookies should be like Peyton Manning and throw their INT's in their rookie years and improve as a passer each year. You don't improve as a passer when you play the QB position like Taylor does.

I can't disagree with the last, but seriously? Nate Peterman!? Oy.

1 minute ago, vincec said:

Josh Gordon will not like that.

Yeah you have to either not be a Bills fan or have a degenerative brain issue to think that Tyrod will be checking the ball down all the time with Josh Gordon outside the numbers..........same people that dogged him for checking down used to dog him cuz "all Tyrod did" was throw deep to Sammy/Harvin/Goodwin.:lol:

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

I wish Taylor the best. This move was the right thing for Tyrod and the right thing for the organization. The organization is acting with purpose. The next question is whom will the Bills pursue in the free agent qb market. 

the next question ? Maybe.

But the the Big Question is something else ha ha!

59 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

I certainly think the Browns take Allen now.  T-Mobile is not the long-term answer for them but he can give them two years, which allows Allen time to digest the playbook.

point

49 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Yeah I am very impressed Beane pulled the 1st pick of the 3rd round! That's not just some throw away pick...

My gut is telling me that we are trading for Foles. Just a hunch...

Id be happy with that as long as it doesn't mean we are not going after Rosen/Mayfield/Darnold. 

If they trade for him and only draft a mid/late round QB I'll be quite disappointed. 

If they trade for him thinking he can be our QB for years and skip drafting a QB all together, I'll be pissed. 

I think you'll be pissed if we do trade for Foles, then.

If we trade for Foles, no way are we also going after Rosen/Mayfield/Darnold.

I hope we don't trade for Foles.  I don't understand why people would rather trade for him than go up and get Mayfield/Rosen/Darnold.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

Done :thumbsup: 

LOL!

I want to say I really did enjoy your continuous defense of TT.

I told you I never thought TT was bad, just that he needed to move on from BUF.

I did call the trade to Cleveland.  TT is a perfect fit while they let their rookie sit a bit.

I thought a 4th for TT, unbelievable we got the top 3rd for him.

Trust the Process.

29 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

That is actually a decent move for the Browns.  They were historically bad last season, and you know Tyrod will give them steady play - he won't turn the ball over and will make plays with his legs when receivers aren't open.  He's much better than what they had, and they should actually win several games.  That will create some good will among fans.  Happy fans mean a happy owner, and a happy owner may cut the new GM and incumbent head coach some slack.  For Buffalo, it's a clean break and removes the financial pressure of paying his bonus to reserve the right to trade him later.  It also says Beane is relatively confident he can obtain an upgrade whether via free agency or the draft.  The pressure will be on him to turn that potential into reality.

I think that the Browns will be much better, but mostly because they already have some good talent and because they have picks 1, 4, 33 and 35.  IF they choose not to draft a QB at 1 or 4 (I think that would be dumb), they could draft Saquan Barkley and probably come back with the Norte Dame OG and have the 2 highest rated players in the draft.  They also just acquired Jarvis Landry for a pick this year both reported to be less than a 2nd round pick.  Now that Bills have their 3rd, must be 4th or later this year.  

I *could* imagine, but wouldn’t agree with, that Browns plan to hold onto Deshone Kiser and let him decompress behind Taylor for a while.  Kiser has a live arm and had some good moments among his bad moments.  

Just now, OldTimer1960 said:

I think that the Browns will be much better, but mostly because they already have some good talent and because they have picks 1, 4, 33 and 35.  IF they choose not to draft a QB at 1 or 4 (I think that would be dumb), they could draft Saquan Barkley and probably come back with the Norte Dame OG and have the 2 highest rated players in the draft.  They also just acquired Jarvis Landry for a pick this year both reported to be less than a 2nd round pick.  Now that Bills have their 3rd, must be 4th or later this year.  

I *could* imagine, but wouldn’t agree with, that Browns plan to hold onto Deshone Kiser and let him decompress behind Taylor for a while.  Kiser has a live arm and had some good moments among his bad moments.  

Kizer was traded to the Packers.