Taylor to Browns for 3rd Rd

GG

They have to feel good about a trade partner to go commando like this.   Maybe Indy at #3.         

Can't let some team jump ahead of them like the Steelers did with Big Ben in 2004.   It has to be a done deal before draft day.

In any event, good on Beane and best of luck to TT.  A class guy and I wish him nothing but the best...

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Yeah I am very impressed Beane pulled the 1st pick of the 3rd round! That's not just some throw away pick...

My gut is telling me that we are trading for Foles. Just a hunch...

Id be happy with that as long as it doesn't mean we are not going after Rosen/Mayfield/Darnold. 

If they trade for him and only draft a mid/late round QB I'll be quite disappointed. 

If they trade for him thinking he can be our QB for years and skip drafting a QB all together, I'll be pissed. 

If they trade for Foles it's probably because they don't have the ammo that teams are asking for to get into those top spots.  You trade for Foles, take a guy like Rudolph or White in round two or three.

I gotta believe one of the Vikings QB's is the veteran target for this team.............

unless they are trading for Foles. I don't know if the Eagles are trading Foles, cause Wentz might not be ready to start the season.

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I heart you Beane

And in some way, we traded Tyrod for Benjamin, but for a higher 3rd. Love it. Or I should say, without losing our 3rd and moving it up

Edited by Steptide

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Tyrod definitely respected in that room, though I doubt Preston returns for '18. Anyway, Taylors a good guy, but this is a good move for the Bills in their quest to fix the QB position. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I would sign McCarron and trade up and draft Mayfield. If this happens I am predicting quick turn around.

What has McCarron ever done and what would you pay him. You would be going into the season with 3 unproven qbs. I ddon't like that plan.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

They will prob send a 2nd and this 3rd for him.

I'd be content as hell with Foles, Rudolph or Jackson

That's what I was thinking as well. A 2nd + Philly's 3rd. I think that's a bit steep but shoot, Tyrod just went for pick #65, so.... 

Id be ok with Foles and Rudolph.

Id be a whole lot happier with Foles and Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield though.

Or even Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield and a scrap heap veteran... lol. 

I want one one of the top 3 QBs so bad! 

Im just worried that they will be content with Foles (if they trade for him). I'll be really bummed if that's the case. 

29 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Wow!!

So, are we trading up?

Trading for Foles?

Signing a vet?

please let us be trading up!!!!!!!!! 

For some reason, I have a feeling we are going to trade for Foles. 

If we do, I just hope they still go hard after a QB in the draft. 

No way its for foles imo. Were coming for rosen!!!!! Browns will take barkley 1. The trade will be with either giants or colts. Guessing gettleman told beane to get another third. Giants will trade out and get eli a bunch of help.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

We’re so loaded in this draft. 

2 firsts

2 seconds

2 third rounders

can we just sign Cousins. Give him anything. We can use the entire draft to fill holes we have so many picks. 

...and that would be firing blanks....VERY expensive ones......NO...........

As I am processing this, good move for both teams.  

For Cleveland, Taylor is miles ahead of anyone that they had at QB last season.   They can draft someone, but they have a starter if not.

For Buffalo after Taylor was benched, the writing was on the wall.    They got more for him than anyone expected.   I am certain that a plan is in place for quarterback if this move was made.    No way they would do this if there was any chance that they were coming into the season with Peterman as their top choice.

Clean break. Taylor went from a career backup to a three year starter, and Buffalo broke the curse during his time.    Best quarterback that we had since arguably Flutie but it was time to move ahead.  He has my respect and I wish him the best of luck.

• Like (+1) 8

I think this is to free up space and not have to move up. Get cap space to sign one of the FAs then see what falls to them. 

If not this could be a bad move cause all the teams interested in dealing with them know the Bills are desperate with a barely NFL capable QB on the roster and no more veteran bridge QB.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

How are n earth did you beat yolo and 26???

Blind squirrel moment.  Just happened to have the phone on me when Sportscenter started

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

If they trade for Foles it's probably because they don't have the ammo that teams are asking for to get into those top spots.  You trade for Foles, take a guy like Rudolph or White in round two or three.

Yeah, unfortunately, I'm kind of thinking this might be the plan. 

I cant see them giving up a 2nd + more for Foles and still trading up. 

But lets see if they even trade for Foles first... 

Ill lose it if they give up a 1st for him like the Eagles want. 

2 minutes ago, DefenseWins said:

Why is everyone I see assuming that we are "trading" for Foles? Isn't signing McCarron at least as likely? Or Bridgewater even as a bridge?

If they sign a vet QB, ( I think they will) I don't see it being McCarron. Makes the least sense to me as a vet QB should at least be a bridge starter to a rook draft pick. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

3 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

I bet it was the bills who offered a second for Foles. I could see the eagles taking the 53 and 65 for him. They need cheap new bodies. 

3 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

No way its for foles imo. Were coming for rosen!!!!! Browns will take barkley 1. The trade will be with either giants or colts. Guessing gettleman told beane to get another third. Giants will trade out and get eli a bunch of help.

I hope like hell you are right man! 

I would be beyond thrilled. 

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

Yeah, unfortunately, I'm kind of thinking this might be the plan. 

I cant see them giving up a 2nd + more for Foles and still trading up. 

But lets see if they even trade for Foles first... 

Ill lose it if they give up a 1st for him like the Eagles want. 

I don't think any team gives a first for Foles.