Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Round 1 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

Simon

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

The Jaguars signed Davis to an overpriced contract, then drafted the fast version of him in the 1st round. I don't understand their strategy at all but I'm happy we are prevented from trading up for him.

Now Green Bay just has to take DeJean and I can breathe easy when we're on the clock.

Terrion Arnold is still on the board. I'd see us taking him before DeJean.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

They do need a speedy downfield receiver though. 

Kirk is kind of that guy for them even though he plays from the slot. I think its a we need to give Lawrence as many weapons as possible because he was awful last year and their getting worried about him.

Here's the thing.  If we really wanted BTJ, we would have gotten him.  The way this draft fell, there were plenty of options to trade up to the late teens or early 20s to take him.  There were for sure opportunities there to secure him.  I think with him getting to #23 and with us not trading up just 6 spots or so to get him, tells us all we need to know about how Beane felt about him.  He was obviously not head and shoulders above the others.  Who knows. Beane may have other players even ranked ahead of him. 

I am worried about Dallas here, though.  They can easily take a WR.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

Lots of receiver or bust posts the past few weeks. Now many of us are advocating for a trade down. I’m confused where all the receiver or bust crowd went. 

They likely want to trade down and still take a WR

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The Jaguars signed Davis to an overpriced contract, then drafted the fast version of him in the 1st round. I don't understand their strategy at all but I'm happy we are prevented from trading up for him.

Now Green Bay just has to take DeJean and I can breathe easy when we're on the clock.

@HappyDays Love this take. Mark it. It's a gem. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

Kirk is kind of that guy for them even though he plays from the slot. I think its a we need to give Lawrence as many weapons as possible because he was awful last year and their getting worried about him.

Yea I mean on the outside. 

I have no idea what to think right now.  Hope we trade down.  Only acceptable alternatives are DeJean and Newton.  Might be able to grab Worthy or Legette or Mitchell...but I'd rather trade down and get another 2nd rounder and grab the best WR there...

• Agree 1

Just now, JimBob2232 said:

I have no idea what to think right now.  Hope we trade down.  Only acceptable alternatives are DeJean and Newton.  Might be able to grab Worthy or Legette or Mitchell...but I'd rather trade down and get another 2nd rounder and grab the best WR there...

they’ll all be gone