Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Round 1 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

Simon

if anyone wants to hear excellent draft info live listen to bryan broaddus on the cowboys website.....get over the fact that its on their site and just enjoy his draft coverage...he is friends with the guys running half the leagues teams.  he is a close personal friend of sean payton, andy reid....the hawks/chiefs gm....etc.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/video/live-the-draft-show-2024

1 minute ago, Success said:

I think he has Trubisky written all over him.

No way, although I hope for Bills case.

Trubisky was a 1 year wonder, Maye could have been a high pick LY.  He wasn't as good this year, but some changes coaching/Wrs occurred that contributed.

Maye / Herbert comps are pretty spot on.

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

he has a lot more faults than Caleb Williams .. who people here think is overrated 

And he doesn't play like he's 6'4 230 lb... He has a lot of talent 

But he has a lot more flaws to correct on game tape than some admit... Including not the smoothest release

Yea that elongated release is his biggest issue IMO. Walking strip sack unless he can tidy that up.

• Like (+1) 1

he has a lot more faults than Caleb Williams .. who people here think is overrated 

But he has a lot more flaws to correct on game tape than some admit... Including not the smoothest release

I've always thought his motion is elongated and/or has a hitch that will give NFL DBs a tick longer to react

4 minutes ago, Simon said:

I don't know enough to declare you or the consensus is wrong, just thought it odd that the only time I've ever seen him he looked like a scared, hungover freshman that was utterly incapable of executing an NFL offense.

I would say that last year, he was under pressure to score on every drive because SC‘s  defense was historically bad — as in 123rd out of 131 teams bad. So every drive became an act of desperation. The bigger question is the hiring of lincoln riley, who got a bajillion dollars to go there. But I’m ok with that because i am no fan of SC.

Edited by dave mcbride

I'm not saying he's going to be a threat the next 2 seasons, but by year 3 and added weapons he could pose a problem.  He's not pasty like Mac.

2 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Kurt Warner comparing Maye to Josh Allen's progression in the NFL. If Maye follows Allen's path, he will be a top tier QB

I remember not too long ago people were saying that about Mac Jones.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Warcodered said:

Maybe year 2 will get better with a rookie QB.

That’s definitely possible, but Arizona just seems like one of those franchise who can’t make any good decisions. 

I love how the guys that are now pointing at Allen as what every high ceiling guy can do, when most of them laughed when we took him and no one expected Josh Allen to become JA17

• Like (+1) 4