Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Round 1 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

Simon

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

Why does Quinyon Mitchell look 34 and JJ McCarthy looks 14?

One of them has testicles

• Haha (+1) 6

Just now, TFBillsfan said:

Thoughts on trading back with how the draft is falling?

I like it a lot more then I did before the draft started. I still think you stay put though unless you're only moving 4-5 spots.  There's a likely run on WR soon. 

Just now, TFBillsfan said:

Thoughts on trading back with how the draft is falling?

There's going to be a player on their short list of high grades that they covet, and were hoping would fall to them. Maybe it's a WR. Maybe not. But I don't see them passing on whomever that player is. JMO.

5 minutes ago, JimBob2232 said:

I honestly dont understand this take at all....

Guys that don't produce sacks in college usually don't do it in the NFL.   It's a pretty decent negative indicator. 

Feel like Jags take a DB here as well. Dallas OL. GB.... something on defense. TB needs defense. Detroit is a wild card IMO. They showed last year you never know what they're going to do. 

Buffalo sitting pretty well. Should have some real good football players to choose from. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Richard Noggin said:

Epenesa was probably meant to be 3-4 5t DE in the NFL. He could have kept his weight and worked on getting even stronger and stouter. Solid 2-gap edge-setter at his length and strength. (Not at ALL how the Bills projected him, of course.) 

I.e., wasn't meant to be a "Finisher" so much as a guy who re-establishes the LOS in favor of the defense.

Epenesa is terrible and the worst decision this off-season to bring him back. Complete waste of money and cap space.  

• Disagree 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, Warcodered said:

Yeah I'm more referring to them taking a position that made more sense than anything else.

Definitely smarter than adding another WR. 

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The Eagles maybe got the best defensive player in two consecutive drafts. Howie Roseman just gets it.

Gets lucky! Come on, these guys fall in his lap! Last year it was Carter. 

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah I'm more referring to them taking a position that made more sense than anything else.

yea - invest heavily in a lineman who isn’t as good as their starters. I dig it.

Should we try to trade up and get in front of Arizona?

They are the only one left in front of us who will take a WR for sure.

Why give them the benefit of picking?

Would Tampa or GB swap with us?