Who is the best #14 in Bills history?

259 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the real #14?

• Ryan Fitzpatrick
    • Stefon Diggs
    • Frank Reich
    • Sammy Flat Earther

Best doesn't necessarily mean who produced most.  It could.

But just overall if you take everything into a player from production to leadership, tenure, great moments, to just likeable.....

#1 to me is Frank Reich.  He was here the longest and was Kelly's right hand man.  Lead the greatest comeback in NFL playoff history.  

Left on good terms.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Stefon will be remembered in NFL history as the best, most-productive player of this group.

But for me, #14 belongs to Reich.  A great team-player who authored the greatest, most-unlikely comeback in NFL history.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

I'd love to have a couple beers with Fitz. Steph, well, my first instinct is no way, but upon further thought, it could be very, very interesting hearing him spout off.

But Fitz is the best guy. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Stefon will be remembered in NFL history as the best, most-productive player of this group.

But for me, #14 belongs to Reich.  A great team-player who authored the greatest, most-unlikely comeback in NFL history.  

Me too

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Obviously it’s Diggs, but to vote against Ryan Fitzpatrick is a sin.

That's why I didn't vote.  😁

It’s Diggs.  Say what you will about about the end of his tenure, but he was an elite WR playing at an All-Pro level for four-consecutive seasons.    

The most dominate WR in Bills history, albeit one that didn’t show up in big time playoff games vs. top competition 

It didn’t say the best PLAYER who wore #14. Best can be interpreted many ways, and I went with The Beard/Furry Man. Him with his shirt off in the frozen stadium with his son was classic! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

This is a tough decision. Frank has won playoff games and played in a Superbowl, Fitzy was a fun player, and Diggs was a top 5 player in his position during his 4-year tenure here. Sammy, on the other hand, deserves nothing.

2 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Agreed.

• Like (+1) 2

22 hours ago, Gregg said:

For those too young to remember the context.  We were playing well in 1992 but still needed to win the last game against Houston to win the AFCE.  Instead, the Oilers dismantled us, 27-3.  We were embarrassed in all phases of the critically important game.    

And as luck would have it, we had to play Houston again in the WC round.  Our chances didn't seem good.  Kelly got hurt the week before and, if I remember correctly, Thurman got hurt in the first quarter.  And Houston looked like the better team, clearly outplaying us for 6 consecutive quarters.    

We found ourselves down 35-3.  Kelly was out.  Thurman was out.  Life looked bleak.  And then Reich caught fire...

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, mushypeaches said:

I'll always associate 14 with Frank Reich - having sat in the stands that amazing day in January 1993

I've heard this verbatim from 92 family/friend/ associates in my lifetime. I don't doubt you,but I never doubted them either.....until I did the math🤣 That said,it's Frank all day

• Like (+1) 1

Frank Reich is the most iconic because of the comeback game and just for the fact he played a pretty significant role on the Super Bowl teams even though he was a backup.  Diggs is the better player hands down no matter what biases Bills fans might have against him at this point.  Fitz might have claim to the most lovable although that might be a tossup between him and Frank.  Watkins isn't even in the ballpark for this one 

• Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Yikes at Pickspatrick getting votes. 

Of the choices he is the only one I would want to have a beer or two with and shoot the breeze for a while, 

41 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

I've heard this verbatim from 92 family/friend/ associates in my lifetime. I don't doubt you,but I never doubted them either.....until I did the math🤣 That said,it's Frank all day

That’s why I keep the ticket stub n my wallet to prove it

• Awesome! (+1) 2

We have the best fanbase in the NFL, so I don’t like to criticize, but sometimes Bills fans have a strange definition of “the best”. It’s clearly Diggs, regardless of all the soap opera drama. 

8 hours ago, JohnNord said:

It’s Diggs.  Say what you will about about the end of his tenure, but he was an elite WR playing at an All-Pro level for four-consecutive seasons.    

The most dominate WR in Bills history, albeit one that didn’t show up in big time playoff games vs. top competition 

The most dominant WR in Bills history was Andre Reed.  (How old are you anyway to say Diggs was better?)  Diggs was excellent too but for only four seasons, but he's the best 14 on the Bills.  I'd love to say Reich but he was actually a backup, a good one, but not even a starter.  And Fitz was the guy we had to replace to get to the playoffs.  

14 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

From the words of Diggs, ".....you sure?"

• Haha (+1) 1