Rate your hatred (Chiefs vs Patriots)

Rigotz

I think most of us would agree that the Brady Era Patriots were insufferable.

Let's call them a 10/10 in terms of hatred.

If your second favorite team (Lions? Saints?) is a 1/10, where do the Chiefs land?

I'll start. I'm at about a 6 right now. It's more respect that hatred. Yes, Mahomes is annoying and the Swifties thing is bad... but I don't feel the same burning hatred as I did with the Patriots.

Curious where everyone else stands!

• Agree 1

The Pats and Brady absolutely owned us and the rest of the division (and pretty much the league).  

The Chiefs, we've shown multiple times, we can beat.  

I hope the Pats go through a decade at QB purgatory.  If not two decades.  I loathe them.  Always will.

• Like (+1) 2

Patriots because they were in division and had to play them twice per year and almost every year both games were bad losses. Toss is we couldn't compete with them. Now we can compete with the Chiefs and I don't think we're that far off. Injuries to key guys have cost us in the playoffs versus them IMHO. 

• Agree 1

The Chiefs for two reasons.

1.  You can't escape the Kelce and Mahomes ads and excessive, pervasive celebrity ball washing.

2.  Clark Hunt is behind the effort for the NFL to allow private equity investment in the NFL which is a nightmare of an idea.

• Agree 1

Personally I still think a lot of Bills fans hatred against the Patriots dynasty is misled because of the fact they were in the same division.

But like I've said before, it's not like Brady and Patriots were standing in the way of a team that had a franchise QB and loaded roster. The Bills were trash pretty much all those years with the exception of a few where they were close to the wildcard or made it as that type of team (2004,2014,2017,2019 best I can think of).

The bigger issue with the Chiefs is they are in fact standing in the way of a Bills team who has a franchise QB, and at least during this first window (which has now officially ended) had a roster most considered championship caliber.

So if you are asking me about rating hatred.....it's not even close between the Chiefs and Patriots dynasties, especially since one of them is just getting started and already ended what might have been the best chance this franchise ever has winning a superbowl 3 times in 4 years in the playoffs.

• Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

Easily the Chiefs. Mahomes has shown to be a whining cry baby at the slightest hint of adversity. His wife and brother are obnoxiously terrible. Travis Kelce is a complete tool bag who has brought the cult that is the "Swifties" to the NFL and they are the reason there's a decent chance Josh Allen leaves Buffalo without a SB. 

I absolutely despise the Chiefs. I never really hated Brady and winning a SB with a moribund franchise like the Bucs and the way he's handled himself post-retirement has almost made me like him.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

The Pats might have been a perennial roadblock to the playoffs but not a championship as we were never good enough during their dynasty years.

The Chiefs are stopping our currently very good team and potentially first-ballot HOF QB from going the Super Bowl. 

And much of this Mahomes idolatry is tethered to a comparison to Josh Allen with the latter being pronounced excellent but not quite as good.

So the Chiefs success is far more vexing to me as they are preventing Josh and the Bills from winning championships and being acknowledged as a great team/QB (some people see Josh that way but many don't because of playoff failures. 

I would love for the 24 Chiefs to lose Jones, see Kelce start aging more, and maybe lose a couple more key defensive pieces. And for the Bills to get a weapon on offense in the draft. That would be a start to changing the narrative and my hate for the Chiefs.

NE because they were in the division and you felt hopeless. They also beat us on a consistent basis. KC doesn't beat us consistently. Well...regular season at least. I like Reid alot more than Bill too. 

It's annoying how similar Mahomes and Brady actually are. No lead, whether 25 points or what not, is ever safe against them. Both had GOAT TE's. Both had GOAT HC's. When everything looked lost, they rise from the ashes. 

Edited by Billsfanatic8989
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Personally I still think a lot of Bills fans hatred against the Patriots dynasty is misled because of the fact they were in the same division.

But like I've said before, it's not like Brady and Patriots were standing in the way of a team that had a franchise QB and loaded roster. The Bills were trash pretty much all those years with the exception of a few where they were close to the wildcard or made it as that type of team (2004,2014,2017,2019 best I can think of).

The bigger issue with the Chiefs is they are in fact standing in the way of a Bills team who has a franchise QB, and at least during this first window (which has now officially ended) had a roster most considered championship caliber.

So if you are asking me about rating hatred.....it's not even close between the Chiefs and Patriots dynasties, especially since one of them is just getting started and already ended what might have been the best chance this franchise ever has winning a superbowl 3 times in 4 years in the playoffs.

I came to post my response, then I found yours, which is exactly how I feel.

• Agree 1

My hatred to the Pats* will always center around the cheating. I don't like the Chiefs but I don't even care they won last night, I am just annoyed the game was so boring until the end. So I am a 5, with no one else being above a 4. 

• Like (+1) 1

My disdain for the Patriots subsided when Brady left. It also subsided even more when the Brady-led Bucs beat the Chiefs in the SB. The Chiefs are by far and away #1 on this list.

1. People won't let the Mahomes thing go. Yes, we could have drafted him in 2017. Yes, he is the standard at QB in the NFL right now. But Josh is clearly #2 imo despite whatever argument the bobblehead clowns on TV make, despite what people on here say, whom they try to tell you is better, or any other supposed reasons they hold onto that narrative they've been carrying around like a backpack since day 1. 

2. Since the Chiefs are the NFL darlings, they get away with a lot that other teams do not. It's just like the Pats during their 20 year run. Holding on both sides of the ball, DPI, cheap shots, the refs really do let things slide their way more times than not. The one time they do get called for a legitimate penalty that affects the outcome of a game, a penalty that was thrown prior to the play that unfolded afterwards, Mahomes goes into a full-blown hissy fit. 

3. The arrogant drivel, while seeing what the refs allow them to get away with, and pompous attitudes make you want to punch any and every one of them in the mouth. Then, the constant testicle bathing by bobbleheads or whoever that drives their pompous attitudes even more. 

4. They are in our way right now. The Pats are done. They don't run the division anymore, more or less the AFC. The division comes through Buffalo. They don't even make the Playoffs, and the last time they did we beat the brakes off of them. The Chiefs, however, are our Playoff kryptonite at the moment. Granted they are most people's kryptonite whenever they face them in the Playoffs, but I don't give a single, solitary turd about any other team. I wish them endless misery just like I wished on the Pats for their entire reign. 

P.S. - I hate the Bengals right at #2 for some of the same reasons as KC. Namely just the arrogance they have and the constant testicle bathing by the bobbleheads on TV. They also have that dirty, cheapshot mentality too. Plus I can't stand their coach. He's probably the most arrogant of all of them. I hope they fade into anonymity just as quickly as they rose up the bathing rotation. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

We never fielded a team good enough to win the Super Bowl with the Pats so all things equal that’s why I hate the Chiefs more.  Brady wasn’t as insufferable as Mahomes but I like Reid more than Belichick. 

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Thank you (+1) 1

My hatred is different for both.

I hated the pats because they curb stomped is for 2 decades. But that was pretty much the bills own fault with awful hires and bad draft picks.

I hate the chiefs because we are finally a good team and every time we end up coming up short against them in the playoffs.

The Pats fanbase is pretty fair weathered so they faded away as quickly as their team has post Brady.  They are 100% Yankees Suck fans now which makes them more tolerable.  The Fins have vaulted back up to my most hated team and it feels great. 

Just now, Jauronimo said:

The Pats fanbase is pretty fair weathered so they faded away as quickly as their team has post Brady.  They are 100% Yankees Suck fans now which makes them more tolerable.  The Fins have vaulted back up to my most hated team and it feels great. 

The B's and Celtics are both having nice seasons, so they have that going for them.

I Still hate the Pats and love when we curb stomp them.

I Don't mind the Chiefs. Its more the walk on water treatment they get in the media that annoys me, just like the Dolphins and Cowboys.

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Almost every game we play vs the chiefs is 50/50

The Patriots owned us for 20 years.....

This, plus for me, I find Reid/Mahomes way more likable than BB/Brady and all the other arrogant players from those Pats teams.  Yea Mahomes gets his share of calls and whines at times, but I generally find the Chiefs more down to earth than the Pats ever were.  And that’s without even mentioning the cheating scandals.

20 years of total dominance by the Patriots is still too much to look past.  I mean even if the Bills were never exactly a threat to win the Super Bowl any of those years.

Although the Chiefs are definitely trending in the wrong direction for me in terms of like ability.  

1 hour ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I hate miami far more than either of those two teams

it's not even close.

this is the only valid answer

i didn't care about the patriots and my hate of them because we didn't stand a chance regardless of anything.

the chiefs - they are just smug about it and they're more annoying than the patriots.

but nothing compares to the dolphins. they're the worst.

Patriots a 10

Cowboys a 10

Dolphins a 10

Jaguars an 8

Jets an 8

Titans a 7

Chiefs a 6

Bengals a 5

Steelers a 5

Chargers a 3

Lions a 1

Edited by Dr. K

I gotta admit, watching how angry some of you get about Taylor Swift actually makes me laugh hysterically.  That alone makes the Patriots worse than the Chiefs.  The Chiefs could keep winning and I don't think they will ever reach the level of hatred for the Pats.  

• Like (+1) 1

The Patriots never really irked me because we were never even close to being anything resembling competitive against them.

Contrary to many fans on this boards thinking we are truly right there with the Chiefs.  We won the last 3 regular season games and the last two playoff games were literally coin flip games.   Could have gone either way.

The Bills are on the cusp and we are on the cusp because we have Josh Allen.  I have every confidence that we will end up beating the Chiefs in the playoffs at least a couple times over the next 5-10 years.

Hating the Patriots is so cliche. Half the NFL hates the Patriots with extreme passion. Let the Jets have the Divisional Patriots hate. The Bills were absolute trash during the Pats dynasty. 

I hate losing to the Dolphins the most and feel the most joy when beating the Chiefs. Not sure I hate the Chiefs to be honest. 13 seconds was less about the Chiefs and more about Frasier sitting back and letting Mahomes have easy completions. This season was less about the Chiefs dominance and the fact our back 7 was a MASH Unit. Kudos to the Chiefs. They're winners. Maybe one day our defense will make an appearance in the playoffs against a QB who isn't a back up or scrub. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.