Game Postponed! - To be played Monday at 4:30pm

phypon

1 minute ago, BillsSbSoon said:

And the chiefs will have an extra day of rest if we play them again. It’s just comical. These guys approved of a new outdoor stadium in Buffalo New York and then postpone games when weather hits. Just put a damn roof on it then. I understand the game would be a mess, but it just seems ridiculous.   And they’re ok with playing the game in kc at -30 wind chill with fans there?? Yeah ok

It's not the stadium...........it's the ROADS.  There is a travel ban in all of Erie County.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’m going to take the positive side of this, if it was turned into a situation where McClappy wouldn’t allow a pass bc of the wind, we were likely to struggle.  At least now, the offense shouldn’t be as impacted.  This should be better for us.

1 minute ago, BillsSbSoon said:

And the chiefs will have an extra day of rest if we play them again. It’s just comical. These guys approved of a new outdoor stadium in Buffalo New York and then postpone games when weather hits. Just put a damn roof on it then. I understand the game would be a mess, but it just seems ridiculous.   And they’re ok with playing the game in kc at -30 wind chill with fans there?? Yeah ok

Moving the game was not just about people sitting in the stands.  It was more about fans getting to and leaving the game and don’t forget about Bill’s employees having to travel in foul weather - ticket people, security, concessions.

Dome or not, probably would be postponed.

• Agree 4

3 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Literally has nothing to do with it getting moved - if it's a dome you still have the travel issues - they would of played and have in much worse conditions 

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Einstein said:

People kept saying this but then I read the Steelers forum and they say he has a strong arm and they have no concern with him being able to move the ball in the wind. I have no idea what to believe. I have watched so little of him.

So the Steelers fans have….confidence …..in their team as opposed to the raft of chicken littles here?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Desert Bills Fan said:

If the Bills win, then they have One less day of rest on the calendar for the next game, BUT : they are playing at home so they don’t have a travel day to contend with….seems to me it evens things up😊

Not that different from the game that’s already scheduled on Monday.  They face the same issue 

3 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

if we get the storm expected, i dont see how we play Monday either.

As we all know, its not like the day after a snowstorm is guaranteed to be better than the day it occurs.
The roads will still be snow covered, stadium full of snow, Gonna be tough for everyone to reach the place after the expected comes.

I dont disagree with their decision necessarily, if anything they likely shouldve moved the game UP to today yesterday, knowing this was a possibility

Oh well, GO BILLS

Hence the 4:30 kickoff giving them until 12:30 to clean the place up for the lots to open.

16 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Not necessarily.  I am already seeing Bills fans I know that are now having to sell their tickets because they can't pull off getting off from work on Monday now.  This might also impact traveling fans

Esp travelling fans from Pitt.

If the weather turned out as bad as forecasted I don't think the stadium would have been very full tomorrow regardless.

I get that there are some jobs that don't have felxibiity - but I would think the majority would fall into one of the categories 1) Have the day off national holiday 2) Can take vacation / time off 3) Can leave work early 4) Have an employer that makes some concession to allow attending the game.  Like I said - I know ALL jobs don't fit into those, but I would think the majority would.  And extra tickets available from those that can't /don't want to go (incl prob a bunch from Pitt now) would be more likely to be scooped up by locals who can attend vs people from Pitt.  

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Others are mad but i’m elated! If the weather will be any better, I think that favors us.

I don't agree with you often, but I am here. This also allows me to attend the game.

If you preferred the Bills play in a snowy windstorm, after watching that ridiculous Mac Jones 3 pass game, in a situation  where again the biggest mismatch is your offense compared to the opponent’s offense, with the entire season on the line, you are an idiot full stop.  An extra day of rest is nice, but it’s not a bye week and the opponent is the one who has to deal with travel while the Bills rest up in their homes. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

People kept saying this but then I read the Steelers forum and they say he has a strong arm and they have no concern with him being able to move the ball in the wind. I have no idea what to believe. I have watched so little of him.

No idea where the bottom that he's a dink-dunker comes from.  He's not and wasnt in college.  

It's only the starts, but his Y/A, AY/A are ranked 1st, and his YPC 2nd.  He doesn't qualify in the rankings due to not enough throws, but those are his stats.  

IMO he'll be the starting QB for the Steelers for years.  

He's never been given a great opportunity to play.  

Great field-reader.  

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Process said:

The amount of people complaining about one day of rest is ridiculous. Who cares? It's going to be blizzard like conditions tomorrow. Passing would be impossible. We easily could have lost. Then we'd have 250 days rest!!!

Not only that, but playing and trudging through a foot of snow on the ground all game will kick the crap out of you for days.  Not sure how many people have had to work outside in the snow, but I will tell you, it beats you down. 

My friends are saying we’re cowards for moving it to Monday. We have less time to prepare for next week. We’re an embarrassment. Etc…. One said he’s not going to watch now. 

I love the Bills and our fans but man some people have such selected rage and overreactions it’s embarrassing. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

Now the NFL should do the right thing for football fans and move the Miami-KC game to 1 pm Sunday on CBS. It’s also a bad weather situation.

I was watching the weather channel earlier. The light snow in KC will end by 1pm (less than 1 inch total accumulation). It will be very cold tonight obviously but not all that windy to be honest 10-12mph.  They wouldn’t postpone a game in Buffalo or anywhere for that.  People can get there and go home after.

The Bills game is not unprecedented. I recall an Eagles game postponed/moved a few years ago due to an East Coast snow storm being predicted (8-12 inches). 

16 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yea I doubt they’ll grasp the difference between 10 inches of snow during the game and cold vs just cold 😂

Just posted on Finheaven:

If Miami was Buffalo's opponent, for damn sure they would have found a way to get the game in as scheduled.

The heard the chatter about Pittsburgh possibly being successful against them with their running game in the snow.

• Haha (+1) 4

26 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

That is one of the first things I thought of....

if it had to be done, it had to be done. But that is going to be a huge competitive disadvantage for the winner.

The team that the Bills (or Steelers) will play next week will have 1.5-2 days more to prepare, to rest..etc.

If the Steelers win the team that they would play would have had three weeks of rest.

Bills fans: Game moved to Monday because of 4 feet of snow and a travel ban in Erie County. 

Dolphins fans right now: "see, your game got moved for it being too cold. The league is rigging it for you guys to win"

Bills fans: it's because of the area being buried in snow and not having people stranded in cars during a travel ban

Dolphins fans: bullsh*t. You guys aren't even playing in negative degrees. Our game is -30.

Bills fans: Ok. Again, what part of this don't you understand?

Dolphins fans: wind isn't even that bad. The NFL wants you to win

Bills fans: 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Buffalo03

Just now, RobbRiddick said:

Just posted on Finheaven:

If Miami was Buffalo's opponent, for damn sure they would have found a way to get the game in as scheduled.

The heard the chatter about Pittsburgh possibly being successful against them with their running game in the snow.

I’ve been reading a lot on Twitter from Steelers and Dolphins like this. Many don’t seem very bright, this goes beyond the Bills. I’m glad they think the NFL wanted 4:30 Monday kickoff. 

Fantastic news assuming the weather will be better. 

Playing tomorrow would have been a carnival game where whoever gets the ball to bounce the right way wins. Reminder: the “blue collar Buffalo tough” thing is a figment of some boomers’ imagination. Josh is from California. No one likes to play in god awful weather and it loses any semblance of skill-based result. 

oh and should be safer for fans, if that’s your thing. 

• Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.