Watching all the talking head shows...

And with a few exceptions (Rich Eisen, Jim Rome) there definitely seems to be an anti-Bills/anti-Josh Allen sentiment...and that's a good thing. 

The average take today goes this way: Dolphins were injured, Josh was bad, Miami should have won but they blew it. On several shows the Bills/Dolphins game and Buffalo's miracle climb to the 2nd seed wasn't even the lead story. But I'm fine with this. I hope the Bills are lucky and Josh is "bad" all the way to las Vegas. Last year the Bills were the media darlings and we fell short. This year our "window is closed" blah blah.  But I always felt like Buffalo succeeds more when they are disrespected. So I say keep it coming.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 11
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I'm almost to the point where I don't even care if the bills win the superbowl, I just want them to get there so all this Allen talk stops. It's so annoying. The reason we don't hear this kinda stuff about Mahomes or burrow is because they've gotten their teams to the big game. Get there and all this goes away

• Like (+1) 6
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

This says it all, ladies and gents.

***** em. 4 more. 

Exactly!  ***** em.  Right in the ***** with a rusty ***** behind the **** shop on ****** Avenue.   ****!!!

• Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

I'm almost to the point where I don't even care if the bills win the superbowl, I just want them to get there so all this Allen talk stops. It's so annoying. The reason we don't hear this kinda stuff about Mahomes or burrow is because they've gotten their teams to the big game. Get there and all this goes away

It won’t go away for Josh unless the Bills win it and he’s the reason they win it. The talking heads have too much on him being the “wrong Josh” until he gets a ring, as unfair as it is.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

34 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And with a few exceptions there definitely seems to be an anti-Bills/anti-Josh Allen sentiment...and that's a good thing. 

The average take today goes this way: Dolphins were injured, Josh was bad, Miami should have won but they blew it. On several shows the Bills/Dolphins game and Buffalo's miracle climb to the 2nd seed wasn't even the lead story. But I'm fine with this. I hope the Bills are lucky and Josh is "bad" all the way to las Vegas. Last year the Bills were the media darlings and we fell short. This year our "window is closed" blah blah.  But I always felt like Buffalo succeeds more when they are disrespected. So I say keep it coming.

So many still pushing the lazy Josh turnover narrative citing 2 ints with no context  Had respect for those that recognized or corrected that the 2nd was just trying to make something out of nothing on a 4th down after the play broke down, and actually resulted in better field position

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

4 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

It won’t go away for Josh unless the Bills win it and he’s the reason they win it. The talking heads have too much on him being the “wrong Josh” until he gets a ring, as unfair as it is.

I get that, but most of the panel shows were so focused on Josh's turnovers, which in the big picture didn't hurt the Bills much, they couldn't even appreciate what the Bills accomplished: winning 5 straight and taking the 2-seed.

I watched a few of them go on about the first INT, “what the hell was he throwing at?” Not even acknowledging that if Gabe just turned around the ball hits him in the numbers. 

Then I heard a few more saying the second pick on 3rd and 2 and he shouldn’t be heaving it to the endzone…. No it was on 4th and 2 so it isn’t a bad decision at all. The only bad decision there was not taking his first read. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BananaB said:

I watched a few of them go on about the first INT, “what the hell was he throwing at?” Not even acknowledging that if Gabe just turned around the ball hits him in the numbers. 

Then I heard a few more saying the second pick on 3rd and 2 and he shouldn’t be heaving it to the endzone…. No it was on 4th and 2 so it isn’t a bad decision at all. The only bad decision there was not taking his first read. 

Gabe actually ran from the ball. I wonder if these people even pay attention to the games. They get so much stuff wrong.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

It’s funny… I used to watch ALL the shows.  The last many years… I watch none.  Only see snippets here and there.  And ya know what… I enjoy the game far more, have no expectations, don’t feel the Bills sucked because they didn’t win by enough, etc.   Essentially, I just don’t care what the national narrative is.  I watch the games, enjoy the outcome and hope for better.   4 more games!   Let’s do this any way we can.

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The point of these shows are to be controversial so they get clipped and get views etc. You are better off banging your head against a wall if you need entertainment. Do yourself a favor and find a non-biased podcast/streamer that breaks down the actual plays and learn something about the game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

No it won’t.. it will be he can get them there but can’t win it. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Colin Cowherd said something really cool. Something along the lines of when watching Josh He doesn’t even care about the turnovers. He will take the basement because he just loves watching the ceiling. 

I was surprised to see Cowherd's take after the game. I'm not a fan, but if nothing else, he's smart to zig when so many are zagging.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BananaB said:

I always have to laugh at this.  Like sure, let's pretend the QB who can put the ball in a one foot window from 30 yards away just missed his target by 5 yards laterally rather than that the WR did something wrong.

• Agree 2

Meh, this isn’t anything new when 2 good teams play. It’s almost always what did the one team do to lose, not what did the other team do to win. Blame gets clicks and people to watch, praise doesn’t 

12 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And with a few exceptions (Rich Eisen, Jim Rome) there definitely seems to be an anti-Bills/anti-Josh Allen sentiment...and that's a good thing. 

In other news….the world is round…….

• Like (+1) 1

Cowherd is on the Bills too. After the Philly game he jumped back on the Allen/Bills bandwagon.  Said yesterday they are the best watch in the NFL today and are steam rolling towards the AFC Championship game.  But i think he likes Baltimore to win it all.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Since the beginning of the season that it’s a struggle to win post to post. When you’re the favorite or even a favorite the pass/fail line is set super high. You need to be great every week or you failed.

It takes a special team/coach/QB to consistently be expected to win a SB and hold to those expectations for 21 games. 

I have kinda sorta preferred to go down the route of using the season as a tune up to figure out how to play well in all three phases. Then get hot and put it all together at the right time. The early aught Giants come to mind.

I won’t say the quiet part out loud but this team has that vibe. 

10 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

I always have to laugh at this.  Like sure, let's pretend the QB who can put the ball in a one foot window from 30 yards away just missed his target by 5 yards laterally rather than that the WR did something wrong.

It's all because of Cris Collinsworth initial statements during the game. It set the narrative. I don't even mind Collinsworth's statement because he had about 3 seconds to form an analysis before he had to talk about it live on air. If he has gone back and rewatched the play a few times he probably has already changed his opinion.

The rest of these talking heads have time to actually watch the play a few times before spouting off opinions about it and they just don't. It was clearly an option route and one of them picked wrong. Maybe it was Josh in the face of an all-out blitz. But given what I see on the tape and the fact that this happens constantly with Gabe Davis and NOBODY else, I've got to believe it was Davis that chose wrong.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I think that’s our motto

”4 more”

15 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Cowherd is on the Bills too. After the Philly game he jumped back on the Allen/Bills bandwagon.  Said yesterday they are the best watch in the NFL today and are steam rolling towards the AFC Championship game.  But i think he likes Baltimore to win it all.

Baltimore is still the “safe” bet

o don’t feel this way I think harbaugh ruined his chances again sitting guys - 2 weeks off is long and boring

That's what the sports media does with players.  It creates narratives (some true, some false, some overblown), hoping to generate attention from the fans.  They need something to get viewers when games aren't happening.

If you recall, the narrative about Josh Allen after the Patriots Wild Card blowout and 13 seconds games was almost 100% positive.  Two all-time great playoff performances by a QB, and that was the lasting memory about him for almost 7 months.  The expectations for Allen and the Bills was almost too high, and ultimately they fell short.  

Unfortunately, Allen established a new narrative in Week 1 against the Jets.  All eyes watching, and he had 3 ugly turnovers that cost us the game.  That set the tone for the entire year.  And every opportunity he's gotten to change opinion on a national stage (not what he does on Sunday afternoons), he's made at least one stupid turnover.  If not multiple.  Same thing happened against the Dolphins.

The only way Allen changes the "reckless" narrative is by going through multiple BIG games without turning the ball over.  Period.  Even if the Bills win the Super Bowl and he's got an interception during the game, national opinions won't change.  There may be a more positive slant (he's like Brett Favre), but it will still be there.  Play clean during the postseason and it goes away.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Steptide said:

Nah, I could care less what the media says. Much prefer to win the actual SB.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

By all rights it should have been something like a 41-14 blowout. The Fins should feel fortunate the game was even close and they actually had a lead into the 4th quarter.

The Bills missed 2 easy TDs, one a drop the other a bad overthrow, gave away a bunch of points with RZ turnovers and the end of first half nonsense and still won.

If you need that much help and STILL can't win, then the Fins definitely had no business winning that game.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Thank you (+1) 3

13 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I’ve actually heard a lot of takes about how we win despite multiple crucial errors. The types of mistakes we make, one or two would crush other teams, yet we survive multiple of these. And the games we have lost, could have easily been wins (for the most part). Imagine how unstoppable this team will be in the playoffs if they avoid the mistakes. Josh Allen is superhuman and can carry this team to a SB victory.

That’s what I’m hearing.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

THANK YOU. 

I was yelling this at my TV.  My gameday text group was blowing up with "WHAT ARE YOU DOING ALLEN" "HORRIBLE DECISION" etc... I was the only guy to say "Maybe Davis isn't supposed to break off his route like that". 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

The Bills receivers run a lot of option routes.  So it's likely that neither Josh Allen or Gabe Davis knew where the route was going, until after the snap of the ball and they could read the leverage of the defensive back.

The problem was that Miami ran a Cover 0 blitz, and the quick pressure forced Allen to guess which way Davis was going.  He ultimately guessed wrong, thinking the WR was running a comeback instead of angling his route towards the goalpost.

Bottom line, it was a bad decision by Allen.  Because if he was going to guess (especially in the Red Zone), it would have been wiser to throw where there was no defender.  If he would have thrown to the open field, the worst result would have been an incomplete and field goal attempt.  In this case, it actually would have been a touchdown pass, because that's where Davis ended up running.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Josh Allen stinks and Lamar Jackson is a wronged god seems to be media’s take 

All of Lamar’s playoff failures are his wide recievers faults. 

14 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Talking heads sound like many posters on the wall.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Steptide said:

Has nothing to do with it IMO

We've been here before.  Perhaps it's Bills fans more than other fans, but we tend to overreact win or lose, particularly bigger games.

We have a very dicey playoff history with McD.  

It's great that we made the playoffs, again, but media perceptions aside, we have an advantage over every team in the AFC except maybe the Ravens.  

If we lose to Pittsburgh or to the Miami/KC winner, then it's an entirely new discussion.  None of those teams are better than we are and we've beaten the best two the times already, twice in their houses. 

Against almost all of even our expectations here, we made the playoffs and won the division, but some of that also has to do with Miami folding and losing two off their last four other than us.  

Our offense has scored significantly fewer points than it has the three years prior, even under Brady's games on a per-game basis 

The goal, particularly for the players and coaching staff, hasn't been achieved, it's to first win the AFC, then the Lombardi.  

This is old hat, just as winning the AFC was on the '90s and we haven't done that once, arguably with a better team.  

So as a few other posters have implied, we now need to do something besides lose to inferior teams or because of our own stupidity and/or poor decision making.  

Do that, i.e. make the AFC CG and don't underachieve there, and all the BS goes away.  Don't, and it's deserved.  

It is that simple.  

To me its a “meh” scenario.  I am more concerned about the player leadership in the Bills locker room.  The Bills players seem to be on the same page.   They have taken a just get it done approach by fighting for each other.  Who cares about media noise?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Drew21PA said:

I think that’s our motto

”4 more”

Baltimore is still the “safe” bet

o don’t feel this way I think harbaugh ruined his chances again sitting guys - 2 weeks off is long and boring

3 weeks off.  The week prior to week 18, this week, and next week before their game. 

That and this Miami/KC game will likely be the only two other non-Bills playoff games that I bother watching.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, stevewin said:

So many still pushing the lazy Josh turnover narrative citing 2 ints with no context  Had respect for those that recognized or corrected that the 2nd was just trying to make something out of nothing on a 4th down after the play broke down, and actually resulted in better field position

If the DB were smart, he would have knocked-it-down and the Dols would have gotten the ball at the 35 instead of the 20.  And it would have gone down as just an incomplete pass and not an (😱) INT!

13 hours ago, BananaB said:

Josh threw the ball to where Gabe was at that moment.  But Gabe decided to improvise when there wasn't time to do so.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.