Browns versus Lions in the SB

Just Jack

Cleveland is the only team that scares me in the playoffs.

I love Dan Campbell and the Lions.  IMO they have chance to shock 49ers.

I have Buffalo 30-1 to win SB.  I was going to throw a small amount on Lions and Browns- both are fetching great odds now

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

According to this “leaked” playoff schedule.  At least Buffalo gets to knock the Chiefs out.  

IMG_2024-01-03-070912.png.86c2912a9c014a9cb7a7a15897f168ac.png

Well. If the nfl truly is scripted and those 2 car crashes of franchises and cities alike are in the SuperBowl and we’re not. Then you can bet your bottom dollar that the Bills will never make it. Might as well give up now. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, mrags said:

Well. If the nfl truly is scripted and those 2 car crashes of franchises and cities alike are in the SuperBowl and we’re not. Then you can bet your bottom dollar that the Bills will never make it. Might as well give up now. 

:lol: Mrags should stay! Happy New Year!

• Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Whilst I’d love our boys winning it instead, for both of those franchises making it I wouldn’t be mad. Some rough recent years for both. 

I would be embarrassed if the Browns got a SB before us, especially with Joe Flacco at the helm.  Plus, Cleveland got an NBA championship a few years back.  I want our turn.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

The Browns winning at Baltimore and Buffalo while the Lions win at Dallas and San Francisco would be incredible. 

The Browns already won at Baltimore this year plus those AFCN games are usually bloodbaths. I would give them a good chance to go there, and win provided Joe doesn't turn the ball over which has been a problem for him.

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

According to this “leaked” playoff schedule.  At least Buffalo gets to knock the Chiefs out.  

IMG_2024-01-03-070912.png.86c2912a9c014a9cb7a7a15897f168ac.png

If the NFL is scripted, the Bills win the Super Bowl this year or next because Jerry Jones' marketing company Legends has to sell all those PSLs in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

Goodell needs to take note that this is the result of a serious problem the league has with officiating.

Maybe it's because there's an entire TV commercial campaign based on that notion.

16 minutes ago, Gregg said:

The Browns already won at Baltimore this year plus those AFCN games are usually bloodbaths. I would give them a good chance to go there, and win provided Joe doesn't turn the ball over which has been a problem for him.

That’s one reason I love us playing the Dolphins after they just played Baltimore.  The Ravens play a physical style of football, and what do you know, even more Dolphins are banged up now than heading into that game.  If Ravens/Browns play in the divisional round, the winner will likely be feeling some bruises heading into the AFCCG.

• Like (+1) 1

If we hosted the AFC Championship game with a chance to go to the Superbowl and we lost to Joe Flacco I think that would be a pretty Billsy end to the season so yes this is very believable actually

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

How about preemptive?  A fair amount of the members here would approve and agree. 🤔

If so better they do it quickly so they can get Jimmy "Gene Hackman" McGinty in here, pronto.

You gotta have heart...miles and miles of heart to make a run at The Show.

2 hours ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

I've never seen so much "The NFL is scripted" talk in my 30+ years of watching this game as i have this season.

Goodell needs to take note that this is the result of a serious problem the league has with officiating.

Maybe it wasn't a great idea for the NFL to produce it's own commercial with the premise that the league was scripted then follow that up with some of the most poorly officiated games in the history of the sport while also owning and advertising sports gambling outlets.

• Like (+1) 1

I still don't get this Browns hype. Yes they are a quality team that has been decimated by injury and earned a spot in the tourney but this Flacco stuff is a bit nonsensical and there's zero chance that a guy who was out of the league and semi retired up until a month ago is leading a team to 3 straight road wins in the playoffs, especially when you take a deeper dive into who the Browns have played since he's been there and his overall numbers (he's turned the ball over a ton).

With that said, it would certainly be catastrophic for the Bills to make it all the way to the AFCCG and host one there since the 1993 season only to lose to a team/QB with the aforementioned circumstances.

Regarding the NFC side, I will say that I won't be shocked by the Lions pick and they were the sexy dark horse type of SB pick by a lot of pundits even before the season started. I've felt all along that the 49ers/Purdy are frauds and think they may be one and done, let alone get bounced in the NFCCG.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

I've never seen so much "The NFL is scripted" talk in my 30+ years of watching this game as i have this season.

It will all become clear and open when Epstein’s client list is released. So I’ve heard….

Aaron Rodgers (jokingly?) mentioned on MCAfee that if you look at the color schemes of the last 3 Super Bowls the Super Bowl logo colors match the colors of the teams that play in the game. 

This year's are purple and red (Ravens/49ers?).

Of course, it's not exact, and you have to stretch a bit but hey! I know he was being sarcastic about people who say the NFL is scripted and said SB 59 better be Jet green and something else. 

7 hours ago, Pete said:

Cleveland is the only team that scares me in the playoffs.

I love Dan Campbell and the Lions.  IMO they have chance to shock 49ers.

I have Buffalo 30-1 to win SB.  I was going to throw a small amount on Lions and Browns- both are fetching great odds now

Cleveland is fools gold imo…they’ve been beating bad teams and Flacco has been turning it over a ton.  

they got rocked by the rams, snuck by the slumping jags, snuck by the bears, beat the Davis mills/case keenum texans and the Trevor siemian jets.  Flaccos got 8 ints, 1 lost fumble, and 4 total fumbles in those 5 games 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

4 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Aaron Rodgers (jokingly?) mentioned on MCAfee that if you look at the color schemes of the last 3 Super Bowls the Super Bowl logo colors match the colors of the teams that play in the game. 

This year's are purple and red (Ravens/49ers?).

Of course, it's not exact, and you have to stretch a bit but hey! I know he was being sarcastic about people who say the NFL is scripted and said SB 59 better be Jet green and something else. 

...and it's mostly purple, suggesting the Ravens will win...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.