Bills-Dolphins Week 18 for the Division! SUNDAY NIGHT GAME

BuffaloBillyG

I have been perusing the dolphins fan forum, finheaven.

Some of them are crapping their pants over facing the Bills.

Others have seen the Bills performance the last two weeks and think they will be too tough for us at their home.

They even have a group of panicking reactionaries that wants McDaniel and staff fired.  Maybe it's the McD abbreviation that drives people mad??

Anyway.  Check out their forum.  It is fun to see our fan bases are very similar in their frustrations.

https://finheaven.com

We can't lose this game to the Dolphins.

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Others have seen the Bills performance the last two weeks and think they will be too tough for us at their home.

They even have a group of panicking reactionaries that wants McDaniel and staff fired.  Maybe it's the McD abbreviation that drives people mad??

Anyway.  Check out their forum.  It is fun to see our fan bases are very similar in their frustrations.

Go Bills!!!

What an ugly, garish website. Thanks to the designers of TSW! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Right...because a new training and conditioning staff would stop someone rolling their leg in the turf and eliminate ACLs and Achilles tears

not to mention a fractured tibia and a torn pectoral. Some people fail to remember the NFL is a violent game played by guys who get bigger and faster every year, and is played on garbage artificial turf.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

The silver lining with having to play Bernard and trade for Douglas is that next year we'll have Bernard, Milano, White and Douglas, plus Benford

I'm not sure after back to back years with an ACL and an Achilles, that White will ever again be an NFL quality CB1.  Our three starting CB's Douglas, T. Johnson and Benford are the highest graded trio in the league - Bills & Jets are only teams to have all 3 CB starters in the top 20.

My biggest concern is DL & Edge - Inigo Montoya has an excellent post today about this on the site.

FYI - breaking news 

About 50 cars at Josh Allen's house currently. There's only 2 plausible explanations:

1. Team meeting/dinner - Big game, get the boys together so they have a good week of practice

2. Engagement party - did Josh pop the question on New Year's Eve and maybe that's why he played like poo? Could be!

Thoughts?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

FYI - breaking news 

About 50 cars at Josh Allen's house currently. There's only 2 plausible explanations:

1. Team meeting/dinner - Big game, get the boys together so they have a good week of practice

2. Engagement party - did Josh pop the question on New Year's Eve and maybe that's why he played like poo? Could be!

Thoughts?

So, binoculars in one hand, phone in the other?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

FYI - breaking news 

Thoughts?

wTF?

2 hours ago, teef said:

a couple of hours ago, i had sirius nfl on. of course i caught the tail end of it, but said someone was out besides chubb.  the cb?

Howard probably.

Interesting conspiracy theory...

On Tuesday, Rodgers said he is eager to see the Super Bowl LIX logo for next season, and he hopes it features green as one of the main colors.

"If the Super Bowl is Baltimore and San Fran, then I tell you what that Super Bowl LIX emblem better have Jet green on it," Rodgers said.

McAfee looked befuddled by the comment, and Rodgers replied with some specific instructions.

"Just look at the colors," Rodgers said. "Look at the colors."

In each of the last two Super Bowls, the colors in the logo have matched the main colors of the AFC and NFC champions. The Super Bowl LVI logo used orange and yellow, and the Los Angeles Rams defeated the Cincinnati Bengals to finish that season

A year later, the Super Bowl LVII logo featured green and red. The Kansas City Chiefs topped the Philadelphia Eagles in that one.

Now, people have their antennae up when it comes to the Super Bowl LVIII logo. The colors in that one are red and purple, and two of the biggest favorites to win their respective conference just happen to be the San Francisco 49ers and Baltimore Ravens. CBS Sports even outlined some of the most likely matchups based on this year's colors.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

FYI - breaking news 

Thoughts?

New Year’s party. Today is their day off. I know the person who did the flower arrangements. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

They’ve also only beat teams with a winning record twice since last year:

Heat stroke game with Buffalo, few weeks ago vs Dallas. 

The heat stroke game was early in the 2022 season.  That's ancient history.  I wouldn't even consider that at this point talking about trends.  

I maintain that for the Bills this season it's been more about the Bills' own ability to focus and execute in any given game than the opponent, regardless of who the opponent is.  Many of Buffalo's struggles and several of their losses have been against lesser opponents, games they really should have one.  They include losses to the Jets in the season opener, at New England and Denver.  I don't think any of their losses are really due to the Bills playing a better team.  The London game against Jacksonville was as much about Jacksonville having the extra week in London to get acclimated to the time change as it was about anything else.  

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

The heat stroke game was early in the 2022 season.  That's ancient history.  I wouldn't even consider that at this point talking about trends.  

I maintain that for the Bills this season it's been more about the Bills' own ability to focus and execute in any given game than the opponent, regardless of who the opponent is.  Many of Buffalo's struggles and several of their losses have been against lesser opponents, games they really should have one.  They include losses to the Jets in the season opener, at New England and Denver.  I don't think any of their losses are really due to the Bills playing a better team.  The London game against Jacksonville was as much about Jacksonville having the extra week in London to get acclimated to the time change as it was about anything else.  

Bottom line is we committed bad turnovers and made dumb mistakes. The narrative that we've been outcoached in the loss and close wins in 2022 is garbage IMO. 

I think we had 500 yards in the loss and over 400 in the other games. 

Edited by RichRiderBills

I just want to say for the record, our old friend @ieatcrayonz was a prophet:

If we had only lost that Giants game, we'd be in much better position to be winning tiebreakers.  4-1 against the NFC is killing us.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sullim4 said:

I just want to say for the record, our old friend @ieatcrayonz was a prophet:

If we had only lost that Giants game, we'd be in much better position to be winning tiebreakers.  4-1 against the NFC is killing us.

An absolute classic. @Scott7975 this was the thread I was referring to but didnt remember the title to dig it up. Thanks @sullim4

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Go Bills!!!

It's like visiting bizarro world reading them complain about their McD.

53 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

An absolute classic. @Scott7975 this was the thread I was referring to but didnt remember the title to dig it up. Thanks @sullim4

Thank you so much for finding that. I see that referenced here all the time but I had no way of finding it. That is pure TBD gold right there, right up there with the Josh Allen draft night thread and some Dunkirk Don action. 

1 minute ago, 416BillsFan said:

It's like visiting bizarro world reading them complain about their McD.

The secret is that some subset of all fan bases want the coach fired unless they are actively winning SBs.  Also, the Fins are currently coming off of an embarrassing butt-kicking. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

Bottom line is we committed bad turnovers and made dumb mistakes. The narrative that we've been outcoached in the loss and close wins in 2022 is garbage IMO. 

I think we had 500 yards in the loss and over 400 in the other games. 

Not only did we have 500 we outgained them by nearly 300

It would be interesting if the Jags and Steelers win and this game goes to Overtime.  A loss eliminates us, a tie gets us a Wild Card spot, and a win gives us the division.

It's 4th and 6 at the Dolphins 42 with 20 seconds left in overtime tied at 27.  Both teams have two timeouts left.  If you're McDermott, do you go for it, try the long FG, or punt for the tie to make sure you get in the playoffs?

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

It would be interesting if the Jags and Steelers win and this game goes to Overtime.  A loss eliminates us, a tie gets us a Wild Card spot, and a win gives us the division.

It's 4th and 6 at the Dolphins 42 with 20 seconds left in overtime tied at 27.  Both teams have two timeouts left.  If you're McDermott, do you go for it, try the long FG, or punt for the tie to make sure you get in the playoffs?

If you’re McDermott, give Sam Martin a clap. 

• Haha (+1) 4

This season is so similar to 2021 it's scary...right down to records, how they got there, offensive rankings, luck, etc.

Look up the Falcons game stats for Allen in 2021. That would have been last week's game time wise...he was similarly brutal in that game throwing 3 INTs.

Allen was 11-26 for 120 yards 1 TD, 3 INTs, 2 rush TD.

2 weeks later he had the only perfect offensive game in NFL history followed by 13 seconds, capping the greatest postseason QB performance in NFL history.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.