Gabe's momma chimes in

Process

9 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

It's the guy's mom replying in a tweet about her son being wide open.

LOL. How is this upsetting to people.

Well when you put it that way. But I don't think the post was negative towards her son (more josh if anyone) but she feels the need to be passive aggressive and make it about him. 

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Riiiiight.  He had 12 (twelve) targets and 6 receptions vs. Philidelphia the previous week.  6 (six) targets and 2 receptions vs. Denver.

Way to select metrics.

And Hot Mama needs to chill down.

🤣 Way to select metrics? I'm using CATCHES for a WIDE RECEIVER that plays every snap of every game. 

0 catches in 3/5 games.

6 yards or less in 4/7 games. 

This may be a surprise but that is not good for our offense. 

• Haha (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Kind of funny how Davis got all the blame for not breaking off his route against Philly, yet there's little blame for Allen missing Gabe wide open for a TD for the 2nd week in a row.

I blamed josh for that for sure. But the reality is 13 is with one of the very best QBs in the league as it is so if the grass is looking greener elsewhere maybe water your own lawn. Or you’ll wind up like juju 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’m not upset about it…..but calling a guy that has been targeted 34 times an afterthought over the last 5 games is 💩 

sure, he’s not having the season she envisioned…..but that’s on him.  Play better Gabe.  Calling out Josh Allen and/or the coaching staff on Twitter ain’t gonna help his cause.  Only cause embarrassment.  I’m a fan of the kid but he’s a poor WR2 and his best trait is blocking.  

I highly doubt Gabe Davis's career will be affected one way or the other by his mommy's tweet.

I'll bow out of this thread.

He has a good shot at beating his 2022 yards - he's only 242 yards away, with some vulnerable secondaries coming up.

I don't think he will be on the Bills next year.  Too many drops, not enough separation on anything but the track meet pass.  

You guys seem to love Joe Brady so far but what this team has lacked for the past 2 seasons is an OC that understands how to structure a game plan so that the looks shown earlier in the game can open up other plays later. It seems like they are just calling plays aimlessly with no thought as to how they can scheme players open based on previous looks.

Case in point. They were throwing those WR screen plays earlier in the game because I thought maybe just maybe they were setting up the defense for a play like this where they fake the quick throw and hit the receiver streaking down the seam. But maybe that's asking too much for an NFL coaching staff to do things that we do in high school football.

• Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Process said:

Momma not happy.

Regardless of who is at fault (Gabe, Josh, Brady), our WR2 who plays 90% of snaps having ZERO catches in 3 of the past 5 games is concerning. 

It's very concerning indeed. He definitely will not come back. My feeling is Josh may not be looking for him, for whatever reason that is. 

Ms. Davis,

Your son seems like a very stand-up young man. He's a good leader, and hard worker. I promise you, that Bills mafia wanted him to succeed here. But throwing to him is essentially a coin flip over the past two seasons. In the off-season, I really do hope a team gives him enough money to buy you a nice house and set you and him up for life. Respectfully, I hope that team is not the Bills.

Sincerely,

Bills fan

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I blamed him for that for sure. But the reality is he is with one of the very best QBs in the league as it is so if the grass is looking greener elsewhere maybe water your own lawn. Or you’ll wind up like juju 

He doesn't have much of a choice.  I think he's as good as gone at season's end, but it would have been nice to have 2 game winners in back to back weeks on his resume. 

Oh JuJu.  As disappointing as we fans find his career trajectory, somehow I think he's just fine with how it's all playing out for him.  

Edited by Chicken Boo

35 minutes ago, Process said:

Regarding this play specifically, it is odd Josh didn't go to him. It looks like it's clearly designed for Gabe. They had been setting this up all game with all the screens they ran. Fake screen, gets the defense to bite leaving Gabe wide open down the middle. But for whatever reason Josh was locked into Kincaid from the snap. 

Agree in general, but this play looks designed for Gabe and they got EXACTLY what they wanted. Just odd. 

I saw Gabe sprint up the seam and said “oh!” I thought we had a gimme, even without the luxury of seeing the entire field. When Josh didn’t throw it to him I felt maybe a safety was on top. When I saw the replay I just shook my head. Josh has to hit that. He also has to hit the one against Philly too. The endzone angle showed Gabe beat his man immediately to the left and continued up that way. There was no reason for Josh to throw to the right, which would’ve meant Gabe would’ve had to cross right after winning left. At least we won this time. 

• Like (+1) 1

Never a good look when a “grown man’s” mama enters the fray…, 

1 hour ago, Process said:

Momma not happy.

Regardless of who is at fault (Gabe, Josh, Brady), our WR2 who plays 90% of snaps having ZERO catches in 3 of the past 5 games is concerning. 

This reminds me when Zay Jones’s old man would threaten to fight fans on Twitter.  He often apologize the next day 🤣 but TBH I feel for parents of pro athletes.  It has to be hard knowing how hard your son works and watching them overcome obstacles to live their dream, only to be trashed by strangers on the internet saying he sucks.  

It does come with the territory though and if that was me, I’d stay away from social media like the plague.  Nothing good will come out of it.  

Her point is correct, Josh missed Gabe on two open touchdowns.  But fans also aren’t incorrect by mentioning that Gabe needs to be more of a factor in the offense on big games.  

Tough situation. 

18 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

You guys seem to love Joe Brady so far but what this team has lacked for the past 2 seasons is an OC that understands how to structure a game plan so that the looks shown earlier in the game can open up other plays later. It seems like they are just calling plays aimlessly with no thought as to how they can scheme players open based on previous looks.

Case in point. They were throwing those WR screen plays earlier in the game because I thought maybe just maybe they were setting up the defense for a play like this where they fake the quick throw and hit the receiver streaking down the seam. But maybe that's asking too much for an NFL coaching staff to do things that we do in high school football.

He will probably do it in another game.

The season is a marathon.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

I know and you mean but think Brady has done a much better job of scheming players open than Dorsey ever did. KC game was tough but the previous 2 weeks looked better.  Every pass in the Dorsey offense looked so freaking hard.  

As far as the WR screens, Tony Romo said exactly that.  They were setting the defense up for that play all day long but Josh just missed Gabe.  That’s on our QB

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

Maybe Gabe should have gotten open more often in all those non contract years. 

35 minutes ago, H2o said:

Yes, because the coaching staff will definitely take it to heart. :lol:

I’d be screaming at my TV but I’d be screaming still lol

32 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I highly doubt Gabe Davis's career will be affected one way or the other by his mommy's tweet.

I'll bow out of this thread.

I didn’t say his career would be affected.  He’s a grown ass man. Sthu and stay out of his professional life.  Calling him an afterthought after getting 34 targets in the last 5 games is just a stupid remark.  More than an afterthought, he’s been an unreliable target for this offense. Can’t count on him.  

16 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Mrs Teller said the Bills would regret giving up on her son…

and…, 

1 hour ago, BRH said:

Mama seems like 90% of youth/travel parents I knew in my day.

Team won?  Who cares.  My kid didn't get the ball enough.

The best part of my kids getting older and graduating from organized sports was not having to deal with a-hole sports parents anymore

He had a really good game against the eagles. I'm curious if that's because that was the gane plan, or because he was just getting seperation. I'd also argue that Diggs hasent had alot of catches lately. I mean if you're a defense, you're most likely planning for Diggs and Davis. I doubt alot of defenses are saying "guys, get ready for Shakir and Harty, they're gonna smoke us on their 4 average snaps a game!" 

1 hour ago, Process said:

Regarding this play specifically, it is odd Josh didn't go to him. It looks like it's clearly designed for Gabe. They had been setting this up all game with all the screens they ran. Fake screen, gets the defense to bite leaving Gabe wide open down the middle. But for whatever reason Josh was locked into Kincaid from the snap. 

Agree in general, but this play looks designed for Gabe and they got EXACTLY what they wanted. Just odd. 

Josh makes mistakes too. It's perfectly OK to point that out. He's a great QB but he's far from perfect.  Despite what you see on this board a lot you can be a fan and even a fan of your fav player and still criticize a bad play.

12 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

For all the pile on… if people really expect the Bills to have a meaningful run this season….. they are going to need him to step up a couple of times ..

Agree.

Getting Knox back should help too. Knox can attract more underneath coverage and allow Davis to get open deep more often. 

That wasn't much of an option against KC DL but there should be more deep shot chances in the coming weeks as Allen will have more time in the pocket. 

• Like (+1) 1

The frustrating thing is the Bills I think put him in position to fail. He's not a number 2. He never should have just been handed that role without a back up plan last year.

He's a clear #3 type guy. He does a LOT of little things well. He's the kind of guy that matters more on an actual field of play rather than a stat sheet. He works hard and truthfully, he would likely be a #4 if he didn't put in so much effort. In a perfect world he's EXACTLY the kind of guy that should see a second contract.

However, some team will still have visions of the Chiefs playoff game in their head and think "this is the Christian Kirk scenario all over again" and vastly overpay. And good for him. He likely needs a change of scenery to have success. His Bills career when it's all said and done reminds me of Robert Woods, actually. Good at at used in many roles but under achieved in the WR department. He'll have a career....let's just hope it's somewhere else and not top dollar here in Buffalo.

19 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

and…, 

...two years later he started 11 games for a playoff team, three years later he made the pro bowl and became a second-team all-pro for an 8-9 team

You wanna do Zay Jones as well?  Two years after his Daddy called our QB out on the Twitters, he broke 500 yds on a 47 reception season, 3 years later on his 3rd team he broke 800 yds and started to look like he could play NFL football.

20 minutes ago, Peter said:

To those of you bitching in moaning about Gabe's mother being protective of her son (that is what moms do), I wonder what you thought about Trevon Digg's more problematic social media messages . . . .

Hmmmm.

I raised my kid to be independent and able to take care of herself. 

I always thought part of being a parent was trusting children you've raised to be able to fight their own battles. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.