Gabe's momma chimes in

Process

44 minutes ago, FireChans said:

He will probably do it in another game.

The season is a marathon.

Yep, just because the right opportunity doesn’t present itself in one game doesn’t mean it won’t in the next. You put it on film for the other teams to study. 

31 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

For all the pile on… if people really expect the Bills to have a meaningful run this season….. they are going to need him to step up a couple of times ..

Not that I disagree with you... but he's a professional athlete paid to do a job, him stepping up a couple of times won't be a bonus, it's what he's paid to do.  

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

is there a rule that each week needs to bring some sort of controversy or strife? 

We've got a damn Super Bowl to win!

I don’t think it’s a firm rule, but more of a guideline for how we roll.  🤷‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I raised my kid to be independent and able to take care of herself. 

I always thought part of being a parent was trusting children you've raised to be able to fight their own battles. 

Good for you. 

I presume your kid is playing professional sports and is facing criticism on social media so that the analogy is complete.

Did you teach your siblings the same thing?

As for the mom, I generally agree with you. Nevertheless, her response was VERY mild. Compare her post with Trevon Diggs and what he has had to say.

So now the national media has spent the offseason essentially blaming the qb, trevon diggs brother says allen was nothing before his brother got there and now this.

at what point does someone come out and stand up for Allen.

Also I am dying to know if behind the scenes players have to go to Allen and apologize for this kind of stuff.  I imagine Gabe Davis didn't want his mom doing this.  

It would really help if Allen, Gabe and Diggs could all be on the same page and execute down the stretch

The drops and guessing wrong on routes is happening too often 

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

So now the national media has spent the offseason essentially blaming the qb, trevon diggs brother says allen was nothing before his brother got there and now this.

Also I am dying to know if behind the scenes players have to go to Allen and apologize for this kind of stuff.  I imagine Gabe Davis didn't want his mom doing this.  

Allen and Davis are probably laughing about it 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

It would really help if Allen, Gabe and Diggs could all be on the same page and execute down the stretch

Allen and Davis are probably laughing about it 

I hope so.

5 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

He should apologize for throwing a temper tantrum on the sidelines afterwards

34 minutes ago, Peter said:

To those of you bitching in moaning about Gabe's mother being protective of her son (that is what moms do), I wonder what you thought about Trevon Digg's more problematic social media messages . . . .

Hmmmm.

Oh ***** off! It’s a football game, how is she protecting him? 

8 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

All of this.. 

Diggs looks like he had Knox pre-injury hands transplanted and Davis has had some special ability to constantly read routes the opposite way that Allen does.

These three need to get in a room and mind meld this week. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Process said:

Momma not happy.

Regardless of who is at fault (Gabe, Josh, Brady), our WR2 who plays 90% of snaps having ZERO catches in 3 of the past 5 games is concerning. 

That was a strange play where Allen just had complete tunnel vision.  Shame.  He would’ve thrown to Gabe had he read the coverage better and wasn’t staring to his left

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Peter said:

As for the mom, I generally agree with you. Nevertheless, her response was VERY mild. Compare her post with Trevon Diggs and what he has had to say.

I don’t want my defense being that I’m not as bad as someone else, but that’s just me. 

2 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Kind of funny how Davis got all the blame for not breaking off his route against Philly, yet there's little blame for Allen missing Gabe wide open for a TD for the 2nd week in a row.

Wins and losses. 

Also I thought Josh played well against Philly. Less well here. Granted his athleticism and freakish physiology also bailed us out at times too. 

16 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

He should apologize for throwing a temper tantrum on the sidelines afterwards

Heat of the moment.  After the issue vs philly and then that play with the weight of that game I am sure he was just upset about it maybe costing them the game again.  I can't imagine he has a beef with the qb.

32 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

...two years later he started 11 games for a playoff team, three years later he made the pro bowl and became a second-team all-pro for an 8-9 team

You wanna do Zay Jones as well?  Two years after his Daddy called our QB out on the Twitters, he broke 500 yds on a 47 reception season, 3 years later on his 3rd team he broke 800 yds and started to look like he could play NFL football.

I will repeat myself, it’s never a good look when a “grown man’s” mama joins the fray,  I stand by that statement,  

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

You guys seem to love Joe Brady so far but what this team has lacked for the past 2 seasons is an OC that understands how to structure a game plan so that the looks shown earlier in the game can open up other plays later. It seems like they are just calling plays aimlessly with no thought as to how they can scheme players open based on previous looks.

Case in point. They were throwing those WR screen plays earlier in the game because I thought maybe just maybe they were setting up the defense for a play like this where they fake the quick throw and hit the receiver streaking down the seam. But maybe that's asking too much for an NFL coaching staff to do things that we do in high school football.

Not to derail the thread, but this is where we get into the weeds when we talk about Allen v Dorsey/Brady.

It is certainly possible that’s exactly what happened and the QB missed the read/mark.

But we don’t know unless we are in the film room with the staff. 

You got to see a guy open by 15 yards in the endzone though. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Peter said:

That seems like "Whattaboutism" as presented here.

I'm not saying that Trevon Diggs tweets weren't an issue, but they were discussed in their own threads at the time, along with Diggs response to them.

It seems as though one really should be able to discuss this current issue without calibrating it against other family members weighing in.

5 minutes ago, Mango said:

Wins and losses. 

Also I thought Josh played well against Philly. Less well here. Granted his athleticism and freakish physiology also bailed us out at times too. 

Most qb's sunday would have had pretty awful days with the low quality pass protection in the second half and a group of wr and te who looked completely covered for 3 quarters.

the fact that they won kind of shows he played pretty well.  he carried like 8 people about 7 yards into the endzone.

my gripe about the offense sunday besides the wr seemingly never getting seperation was just the lack of use with Cook.  I would be throwing him the ball every 2nd or 3rd play at this point.  just keep checking down.

Denver has run the ball and checked down to a 7-5 record with an outside shot of winning the west.   Its a good philosophy.

Just now, Mango said:

Not to derail the thread, but this is where we get into the weeds when we talk about Allen v Dorsey/Brady.

It is certainly possible that’s exactly what happened and the QB missed the read/mark.

Mango, I lack all-22. 

If you have it, especially if you have the little moving diagram thing, can you look at what kind of pressure Josh had at the point where Davis was open and Josh threw?  In the televised view which shows Josh protected, then looks downfield, it's hard to see what was going on at the point where Josh had to decide.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I'm not saying that Trevon Diggs tweets weren't an issue, but they were discussed in their own threads at the time, along with Diggs response to them.

It seems as though one really should be able to discuss this current issue without calibrating it against other family members weighing in.

I have not seen diggs response to them...what did he say?

Edited by MikePJ76

6 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

You spelled hypocrisy wrong.

If I were Gabe's Mom, I would have not posted anything. Having said that, I am giving her a break given that what she posted was mild and (unless I missed it) it was her only social media post defending her son.

The Diggs situation (Stef and Trevon) is actually a much worse situation compared to mama Davis (in my opinion). 

They both involve family members giving their two cents publicly and it is not as if Trevon's posts are ancient history. 

Edited by Peter

2 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Kind of funny how Davis got all the blame for not breaking off his route against Philly, yet there's little blame for Allen missing Gabe wide open for a TD for the 2nd week in a row.

Little?   LOL  

I didn't see any prior to your post.  

But oh my, had the intended receiver been Gabe and anyone else wide open like Gabe was, and AHEM, is at other times too going unnoticed, then everyone would have been appoplectic.  

I just hope that we get a whole lot more out of our mid-4th round WRs in the future.  :rolleyes:   

Edited by PBF81
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PBF81 said:

Little?   LOL  

I didn't see any prior to your post.  

But oh my, had the intended receiver been Gabe and anyone else wide open like Gabe was, and AHEM, is at other times too going unnoticed, then everyone would have been appoplectic.  

If I understand you correctly, I agree.

As an aside, one of our most pressing issues is pass protection. Josh hardly ever seemed comfortable in the pocket . . . and for good reason.

12 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Heat of the moment.  After the issue vs philly and then that play with the weight of that game I am sure he was just upset about it maybe costing them the game again.  I can't imagine he has a beef with the qb.

Of course he can't have a beef w the QB lol that's Josh Allen he's Gabe Davis

He also can't be showing him up for similar reasons 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BananaB said:

Families gotta stay off Twitter complaining. If he’s not happy his contracts up this year he can move on. It will make a lot of people happy including myself. 

Especially since I don't remember Allen's mom posting about how unfair that a pass thrown by her son went right through the hands of Davis for an INT instead of a first and goal.

Edited by CincyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2

I watched the play a bunch of times on the X feed. Here's my take:

Davis is open because of a busted coverage likely caused by those earlier WR screens.Josh does initially look at Diggs who holds his hands out as if to receive the ball.

Josh then seems to flash a look in davis' direction but then settles on Kincaid along the sideline.

Josh either doesn't see Davis or sees him but chooses not to throw to him.

I think that Josh doesn't see Davis. If he saw him but chose not to throw to him that's a serious error on Josh's part.

Maybe the all-22 will show another DB nesr Davis off screen left but I doubt it since KC blitzed so many guys.

Truly a puzzle.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Of course he can't have a beef w the QB lol that's Josh Allen he's Gabe Davis

He also can't be showing him up for similar reasons 

Yea I agree, that is why the dynamic is what it is for Allen when it comes to Diggs.  Allen is the younger player and Diggs is a celebrity so he can never ever put him in his place.  Not that Josh has the personality to do anything other than calmly talk things through it seems.

Its kind of like what Terrell Owens did to Jeff Garcia, Donovan Mcnabb and Tony Romo.   Owens bullied all of them because he was Terrell Owens who played with Steve Young and was a celebrity.  

Like many here I am hoping the Bills grab two young wr this offseason.

Edited by MikePJ76

14 minutes ago, Mango said:

Even the best QB's miss wide open receivers all the time in the NFL.  Was Allen under pressure that play?  Where was Allen's first look supposed to be?  

When Gabe started off strong to the season a friend of mine joked that the Bills would phase him into reduction so his numbers aren’t as gaudy going into a contract year…

Now I don’t agree with that completely but it is weird how his numbers have taken an absolute nose dive since Tampa, Philly game excluded. 

Edited by BBFL

2 minutes ago, Old Coot said:

I watched the play a bunch of times on the X feed. Here's my take:

Davis is open because of a busted coverage likely caused by those earlier WR screens.Josh does initially look at Diggs who holds his hands out as if to receive the ball.

Josh then seems to flash a look in davis' direction but then settles on Kincaid along the sideline.

Josh either doesn't see Davis or sees him but chooses not to throw to him.

I think that Josh doesn't see Davis. If he saw him but chose not to throw to him that's a serious error on Josh's part.

Maybe the all-22 will show another DB nesr Davis off screen left but I doubt it since KC blitzed so many guys.

Truly a puzzle.

I seriously doubt it's this one.  All season Allen has been force feeding Davis to little effect in game after game. 

Davis is #2 in yards, 1st downs and TDs... and has 3 drops this season, his lowest drop rate in his career. 

After starting off with 5 of 6 games over 100 yards (and a 103 average), Diggs (#1 WR) has caught 38 off 66 targets his last 7 games, with 3 TDs for an YPG of 53 yards---only once going over 80 yards in that stretch.  What are they paying him for?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Process said:

Momma not happy.

Regardless of who is at fault (Gabe, Josh, Brady), our WR2 who plays 90% of snaps having ZERO catches in 3 of the past 5 games is concerning. 

Obviously Mama Gabe knows nothing about internal pressure.

Maybe Mama should scold Gabe for disappearing the last 3 games

2 hours ago, BRH said:

Gabe running free in the secondary is like Ben Simmons at the three-point line.

There's a reason they're open.

Exactly. Davis has 39 receptions on 69 targets (56%). Compare to Kincaid's 61/72( 85%). With the game on the line, even Davis' mamma would throw to Kincaid. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.