Gabe's momma chimes in

Process

7 minutes ago, Process said:

Momma not happy.

Regardless of who is at fault (Gabe, Josh, Brady), our WR2 who plays 90% of snaps having ZERO catches in 3 of the past 5 games is concerning. 

Afterthought my ***. You need to go back and look at all the bad routes, and dropped passes your boy has there mamma.

• Like (+1) 3

There was one thrown to Davis on the sideline.  He was covered... but in true Gabe Davis fashion, he just pulled up and made zero attempt to look hungry and go for the ball. 

The guy seems to have zero appetite for getting his nose dirty and winning contested balls or balls out of his range.  It drives me nuts and I cant wait for him to be out of here

His mom needs to shut up

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Regarding this play specifically, it is odd Josh didn't go to him. It looks like it's clearly designed for Gabe. They had been setting this up all game with all the screens they ran. Fake screen, gets the defense to bite leaving Gabe wide open down the middle. But for whatever reason Josh was locked into Kincaid from the snap. 

1 minute ago, motorj said:

Josh has no confidence in Gabe, I like that Kincaid is getting more looks

Agree in general, but this play looks designed for Gabe and they got EXACTLY what they wanted. Just odd. 

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

This play is the one that bugs me about this game. 

Me too.  It just was so frustrating to run all those bubble rpos all game long, finally hit them with the counter they didnt expect and we miss the TD.  Davis showed his frustration too, don't blame him, he was blocking on all those screens, and when his number got called with got nothing. 

It's funny because Chiefs ran a similar concept against us in this game, almost same one the Eagles ran, and they missed the TD to Rice as well but at least they threw to Rice.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Gabe we appreciate your services but you were never a #2 wr and too bad it took the Bills rather a long time to figure that out, no fault of your own.

And I pray we do not resign you this off-season, but draft a WR early next draft.

Edited by Negan
  • Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Process said:

Regarding this play specifically, it is odd Josh didn't go to him. It looks like it's clearly designed for Gabe. They had been setting this up all game with all the screens they ran. Fake screen, gets the defense to bite leaving Gabe wide open down the middle. But for whatever reason Josh was locked into Kincaid from the snap. 

Agree in general, but this play looks designed for Gabe and they got EXACTLY what they wanted. Just odd. 

Totally agree with you.  Even when I saw the play live, Davis appeared to be streaking wide open, which is exactly what happened.  Seemed like a classic Gabe Davis TD moment, although Josh seemingly had predetermined that Kincaid for a shorter first down was his best option.  I don’t even think the pass rush factored into his decision.

• Agree 1

During the game it looked like Josh didn't see it because of the pressure.  Being able to watch the play again, Josh did get pressure and by the time Gabe was at the endzone it was probably too late to see but it seems like Josh could have found him earlier in the route.  I dunno why he didn't see it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

During the game it looked like Josh didn't see it because of the pressure.  Being able to watch the play again, Josh did get pressure and by the time Gabe was at the endzone it was probably too late to see but it seems like Josh could have found him earlier in the route.  I dunno why he didn't see it.

It's hard for us to know but the play design could be for Josh not to go there till later.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I actually just watched this play a few times and this is what I think happened.  I think the play actually was to Diggs.  Like I don't think it was even a fake. Josh hung on him for a while and even started cocking his arm but thats when the defender made a move towards Diggs and Josh stopped that.  I think it wasn't a fake.  I think that was the play.  Then by the time Josh came off it, it was too late. The pressure was there.

Josh needed to come off Diggs sooner and he probably hits Gabe if he did so.  He waited too long.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 5

7 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

It's the guy's mom replying in a tweet about her son being wide open.

LOL. How is this upsetting to people.

I’m not upset about it…..but calling a guy that has been targeted 34 times an afterthought over the last 5 games is 💩 

sure, he’s not having the season she envisioned…..but that’s on him.  Play better Gabe.  Calling out Josh Allen and/or the coaching staff on Twitter ain’t gonna help his cause.  Only cause embarrassment.  I’m a fan of the kid but he’s a poor WR2 and his best trait is blocking.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Process said:

Momma not happy.

Regardless of who is at fault (Gabe, Josh, Brady), our WR2 who plays 90% of snaps having ZERO catches in 3 of the past 5 games is concerning. 

Riiiiight.  He had 12 (twelve) targets and 6 receptions vs. Philidelphia the previous week.  6 (six) targets and 2 receptions vs. Denver.

Way to select metrics.

And Hot Mama needs to chill down.

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Process said:

Momma not happy.

I don't blame Gabe's mother one bit. On pace for the lowest tgt/game since 2021 and YPC of his career in a contract year.

Could be the difference between another $10- $15M. I'd be screaming for them to forcefeed my son too.

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

I don't blame Gabe's mother one bit. On pace for the lowest tgt/game and YPC of his career in a contract year.

Could be the difference between another $10- $15M. I'd be screaming for them to forcefeed my son too.

Maybe Gabe should have gotten open more often in all those non contract years. 

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

I don't blame Gabe's mother one bit. On pace for the lowest tgt/game since 2021 and YPC of his career in a contract year.

Yes, because the coaching staff will definitely take it to heart. :lol:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.