Bills @ Bengals Game Thread - 2nd Half

Simon

1 minute ago, Mango said:

10 points from the offense is a big problem. Some is on Dorsey. Some isn’t. He has his own issues, but he also bears the brunt of a few years of frustrations. 

Moving on may be best. But he isn’t THE problem here. 

We need to bring in a new voice that has the gravitas or at least personality/balls to challenge Josh and get more out of him.  We are wasting a HOF talent.

1 minute ago, Mango said:

10 points from the offense is a big problem. Some is on Dorsey. Some isn’t. He has his own issues, but he also bears the brunt of a few years of frustrations. 

Moving on may be best. But he isn’t THE problem here. 

My problem with Dorsey isn’t his play-calling (well, not completely) - It’s his play designs.

Our spacing is so bad that we have receivers literally running into each other.

7 minutes ago, Steptide said:

This team will be lucky to finish with 9 wins. Miami losing today keeps everything close in the division, but who are we kidding. This team is going nowhere in this condition 

The way they're playing, there are no gimmies.  Not even the Broncos.  Every game could be a dog fight.

Edited by juno999
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, stevestojan said:

13 seconds and the window slammed shut. 

You know it’s bad when I’m not even upset. I’ve think I’ve lost a bit of interest this year. 

Yup. 13 seconds. That was the year.   The Bills are back to being just something to watch on Sunday’s for me.  I’m devoid of emotion since i know they aren’t winning anything with this particular club. And they could lose 70-3 tonight or 27-26.  it’s just one loss in the standings.   But they ain’t beating Philly, KC, Dallas, Miami, etc. They look terrible

• Agree 1

Just now, TFBillsfan said:

I don’t see how Hyde, Poyer, Tre, Von and Morse are back next year.

They shouldn't be. We need to have a 1 year "bottoming out" if you will to straighten out our salary structure, accumulate cost controlled assets, and try to salvage what's left of Allen's prime. Oh, and a coaching change should probably occur too.

But of course none of this will happen 

2 minutes ago, Governor said:

Nothing changes until McD is gone. Firing a coordinator does absolutely nothing. He’s a bad coach that now runs a really bad defense. He has always been the problem.

If he has any input on the next OC, it's the death nail. As you said, he's always been the problem 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mikie2times said:

He's much better at reading where the ball needs to go and gets it out quickly and accurately.  Josh plays that way when he's "in the zone". When he's not, he's indecisive, pats the ball, looks like a rookie.  

You can thank Dorsey for not letting Josh be Josh. 

55 minutes ago, jlgarsh said:

Thry need to fire McD and Dorsey. 

Dorsey, absolutely. I can't agree with McDermott, though. How many injuries does he have to overcome before people realize that our defensive problems are not on him. I don't know about firing Dotsey during the season. We have no one to replace him. This isn't our year anyway.

1 minute ago, TFBillsfan said:

I don’t see how Hyde, Poyer, Tre, Von and Morse are back next year.

Salary cap implications. Von more than others. We’re $41M over the cap after the latest trades with 25 FA this offseason and I real rookies to step in. 

We just aren’t in a position to cut everybody and replace everybody. 

1 minute ago, MPT said:

This defense without 3 of its best players is containing one of the best offenses in the league while the offense keeps turning over the ball and punting from their own red zone. They know the offense isn't going to help them but they're still playing tough. I appreciate what they're doing here.

Thanks for responding to my joke literally 

1 minute ago, Process said:

Honestly don't want to hear anything about our defense after this game.

We have 10 points. 10 freakin points. 

Defense has given up 3 since the half. They have played much better as the game went on. Ithink of I told you Cincinnati would have 24 points at this stage of the game...people would take it and been happy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.