Rasul Douglas to Bills - per Rap

SCBills

From a friend of mine from the midwest..he's a die hard Packers fan:

You're gonna love him! Pack grabbed him off the Eagles practice squad and immediately made an impact. You won't find a CB around with his length, he's pretty quick too.

Going to miss him...INT'd Stafford at a game I was at two seasons ago and it's the loudest I think I've ever heard Lambeau

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

What makes you say that? He is PFF's 12 graded CB in coverage this year. He's played 100% of defensive snaps for Green Bay this year.

I don't think he is an upgrade on our starters. Admittedly haven't seen a lot of Green Bay this season, but have seen a lot of Douglas since he came out of that good 2017 draft class. The Eagles ended up cutting him, 3 years after spending a 3rd on him because teams CONSTANTLY targeted him then he bounced around practice squads before sticking in Green Bay. No team in the NFL has misevaluated DBs as consistently as Green Bay in the past decade. 

For a 3rd with a 5th coming back I really do not like this. I think he is a better fit in our scheme than Elam but he is a lateral move from Jackson and Benford for me. 

Maybe he has suddenly improved a ton and will prove me wrong but man I hate this deal.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 4

2 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Just from reading this thread, I now know which posters to totally blow off in their critique of the Bills.  They clearly do not know much about football likely because they have limited exposure to any team but the Bills.

I know!!! I can't believe people didn't know who he was, considering we just played them last season. This is going to be one awkward meeting but I'm pumped Beane did something.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Don't like it, especially not for a 3rd round pick.  Is he even going to start over Benford and Jackson?  

That 3rd round pick could be way more important to this team as we will have a lot of holes to fill.  

I think if he gets extended and plays well it is good value. If there is a negative it is getting some production out of a third round pick at a third round price or not getting a second year from him. We also never seem to get much value out of rookie contracts. 

I have to imagine that one of Benford/Jackson starts next year and this could be more of an indictment on Tre. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ytownblofan said:

He will absolutely start. He is currently the 12-rated CB this season and on a deal that we can easily extend. A pretty damn good commodity versus an unknown 3rd round pick is a good trade-off to me, especially considering we get a 5 back and will likely recoup the 3 as a comp pick from Edmunds 

This is EXACTLY the type of player that McD is able to maximize in his scheme...look at what he did with Poyer and Hyde. They were basically the same type of player as Douglas, if not even quite as good.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I think your way off on the player and the compensation. He struggled early in his career but the last two years Douglas has been really good since getting to GB. He has also started a ton with them even though he was a backup other places. 

He may have. But GB are bad at evaluating DBs. I trust him starting there less than him starting in almost any other team.

Works for me...as someone stated he was the heart of that GB secondary and a ball hawk.

Think about where Michah Hyde played before he came to Buffalo...yea GB.  Looking at McD and his ability to see talent in the secondary with veteran players... I'll go with this move.

Packers trade Rasul Douglas to Bills - NBC Sports

2 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Lmao Jeaus folks get a sense of humor already.  Fans are already ripping fellow Bills fans because they haven't heard of this DB.  Christ, lighten up.  And yeah I made a joke about Allen's turnovers and everyone is going ape S$#!.  It's a joke, lighten up francis.

Must have been the TOTAL LACK OF HUMOR in your post that threw me off. At least Sgt. Hulka was genuinely funny.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Don't like it, especially not for a 3rd round pick.  Is he even going to start over Benford and Jackson?  

That 3rd round pick could be way more important to this team as we will have a lot of holes to fill.  

But we got a 5th back.  Given GB sucks, it is a high 5 for a low 3.  No biggie and we get a player.

if you're worried about the 3rd round pick, that's valid considering Buffalo has gotten some value there recently (Terrell Bernard, Dorian Williams, Spencer Brown), but drafting a 3rd round pick who will be as good as Douglas will be the next 3-4 years is going to be tough. Of course thew downside of that is that Douglas' Cap hit (4-6M after an extension) is 4 - 6x higher than a 3rd round draft pick. 

Sure thing vs crapshoot is basically what it comes down to

Edited by appoo
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.