Rasul Douglas to Bills - per Rap

SCBills

Just now, Virgil said:

Don't like it, especially not for a 3rd round pick.  Is he even going to start over Benford and Jackson?  

That 3rd round pick could be way more important to this team as we will have a lot of holes to fill.  

I don't know how he wouldn't be starting over Jackson.  In my (uneducated) opinion, he's better at almost everything. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Don't like it, especially not for a 3rd round pick.  Is he even going to start over Benford and Jackson?  

That 3rd round pick could be way more important to this team as we will have a lot of holes to fill.  

We need a corner this year, though.

I'd prefer that they try to develop Elam - but there is obviously something going on there. Doesn't seem like it's an option from their POV.

1 minute ago, Ramza86 said:

No because we just got fleeced for a 3rd by a guy who cant cover anyone

He’s one of the most respected veterans/solid players on that defense lol I’m not sure your friends are up on the X’s and O’s 

even if he’s ok (an undersell) he is a massive upgrade to what we have now and the packers didn’t get very much in return 

probably worth a third and they gave us a 5th for free 

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

6th or 7th. 

I think your way off on the player and the compensation. He struggled early in his career but the last two years Douglas has been really good since getting to GB. He has also started a ton with them even though he was a backup other places. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

He will definitely start. Dude has played very well with GB.

• Agree 2

Just now, Virgil said:

Come on now…were you really looking forward to watching Dane Jackson get absolutely torched by Tee Higgins and Jamar Chase this Sunday?

• Haha (+1) 1

How could you NOT know who Rasul Douglas is?!?!!! Remember the scraps he got into with Stefon and all of the trash talking?!?!

I bet you remember him now!

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/stefon-diggs-i-dont-care-who-started-trash-talk-i-finished-it

We're DESPERATE... we had to make a move. Let's see what happens!

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, T&C said:

You have to know that not everyone sits on their ass everyday All Day and looks at a computer and watches TV. You strike me as an everyday/all day kinda guy...

Hope the guy works out here.

I think the issue are those folks who say "never heard of him" which implies he's not very good. It's one thing to now know about him and seek knowledge, the other thing is something different

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Picking off the guy who leads the NFL in turnovers since he got to the NFL, isn't exactly saying much lol

I wasn't advocating for the guy (though I don't hate the trade). Just surprised so many have "never heard of him." I'm hoping he turns out a good as the last DB we took from Green Bay.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

He will absolutely start. He is currently the 12-rated CB this season and on a deal that we can easily extend. A pretty damn good commodity versus an unknown 3rd round pick is a good trade-off to me, especially considering we get a 5 back and will likely recoup the 3 as a comp pick from Edmunds 

If we aren’t trading for an elite/elite potential corner, Rasul Douglas is the next best tier. 

Straight up G who should excel in our scheme.  

Douglas/Benford makes outside corner, at the very least, solid .. at best, a strength.  

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

We got their 5th in exchange. It's a tad bit expensive but the Bills absolutely fill a need. I like the pick up but I get what you are saying too.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.