Bills now Vegas betting favorites to land Derrick Henry

Alphadawg7

12 hours ago, Mynamemike said:

I wouldn’t hate it.  I don’t know if we can make the moves necessary to get the defense up to respectability with the all injuries. So why not just ram rod it down teams throats.  The Henry, Cook and Allen backfield would make teams have to respect the run which would definitely open up the deep stuff that teams have been playing to stop recently.  

Team RamRod!!:wub:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQeimO1NE42zCHPkflEtVt

• Haha (+1) 6

8 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

At what cost? If the Chiefs gave up a 1st Rounder for Hopkins would you want Beane to give up a 1st and a 4th?

Nobody is giving a first for Hopkins. It will be a late rounder, but the Titans will let him make the choice of where to go. If you were him, what team would you pick. In KC, you get Taylor Swift, ribs, Mahomes, Reid and a SB ring. In Buffalo, you get a b-list actress, snow and “no-film” Josh.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Gregg said:

There is an article in today's Daily News about the Giants trading Saquon, but Beane really should call Schoen and see if either Lawrence or Williams are available. That would be a good move for the Bills and combined Oliver will help shore up the D-Line.

I agree that someone to fill in for DaQuon Jones is a big need right now.  He was playing so well, that he will be difficult to replace. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, buffaloboyinATL said:

I agree that someone to fill in for DaQuon Jones is a big need right now.  He was playing so well, that he will be difficult to replace. 

If the Giants lose on Sunday and fall to 2-6 then Beane has to call them and see if a deal can be worked out. I am sure he is looking at all options, but he does have history with Schoen working together in Buffalo.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

There is an article in today's Daily News about the Giants trading Saquon, but Beane really should call Schoen and see if either Lawrence or Williams are available. That would be a good move for the Bills and combined Oliver will help shore up the D-Line.

Saquon is the RB the Bills really should be targeting. He has the ability to do the things Cook can plus pass protect😎

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Im not proposing anything here...just sharing info.  

Interesting day over here...A buddy called me earlier today who has also been a source of some info in the past (for example he was the one who leaked the Rams vs Bills season opener last year to me a month early) and he just he heard some chatter potentially linking Bills and Henry today.  

I just got home right now from being out and about for a little bit running errands and I got a text from a bookmaker buddy of mine about how the Bills are now the betting favorites in Vegas to land Henry at 2/1 odds.  My immediate comment to him was to ask him if that is just because Beane freed up some cap space.  He said it's possible, but more likely Vegas at least heard or caught wind of something suggesting at least interest rather than just make that move over a small cap move.  

So take it with a grain of salt...but just found it interesting that in the same day Beane freed up cap space Vegas made the Bills the betting favorites to land him.  Did a quick google search to pull up the odds and found this link right away.  

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/buffalo-bills-trade-rumors-odds-derrick-henry-tennessee-titans#:~:text=Buffalo is granted a 33.3,(%2B300%2C 25 percent).

If only Von would get on board it would be a lock.

• Haha (+1) 1

Henry could change this offense.  Wont have to lean on him heavily.  Him and cook could be a pretty dynamic combo and take pressure off of Allen/Diggs and force the defense to respect the run a lot more.  At first I scoffed at the idea but it might be worth a shot

Edited by May Day 10

24 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

No thank you! Please fill the holes on defense

Not gonna happen.  You lose one of the top CB's and 1 techniques in the game along with one of the top 2 LB's...nothing you do will help that. 

Max out offense and outscore the B!@#$#@!.

12 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Watch Ken Dorsey turn the Bills into a 1987-era offense with Henry, running the ball 30 times every game.  

"There's just so much running..."  

Well,most teams want fast DT's and LB's so why not pound it down their throats for a year?  If running Henry 30xa game wins us a superbowl, so be it

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/25/2023 at 8:37 AM, FrenchConnection said:

Nobody is giving a first for Hopkins. It will be a late rounder, but the Titans will let him make the choice of where to go. If you were him, what team would you pick. In KC, you get Taylor Swift, ribs, Mahomes, Reid and a SB ring. In Buffalo, you get a b-list actress, snow and “no-film” Josh.

The ribs in Kansas City were the most overrated I've had boom

And who gives a f*** about Taylor Swift

We all saw what the offense looked like in games #2, #3, and #4 by working the run game more.

Raiders, 38 rush attempts with 183 rush yards, 2 rush TDs. FINAL SCORE 38-10

Commanders, 33 rush attempts with 168 rush yards, 2 rush TDs. FINAL SCORE 47-3

Miami, 29 rush attempts with 142 rush yards, and 2 rush TDs. FINAL SCORE 48-20

Now, running the ball didn't kill the Buffalo passing offense in those games and in fact, it looked to help it immensely. 

This move would put the Buffalo Bills offense right up there with the 49ers and Eagles. Being able to move the ball in any situation should also help keep the offense ON the field and the Buffalo defense OFF the field.

WINTER IS COMING!!!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.