Bills now Vegas betting favorites to land Derrick Henry

Alphadawg7

Im not proposing anything here...just sharing info.  

Interesting day over here...A buddy called me earlier today who has also been a source of some info in the past (for example he was the one who leaked the Rams vs Bills season opener last year to me a month early) and he just he heard some chatter potentially linking Bills and Henry today.  

I just got home right now from being out and about for a little bit running errands and I got a text from a bookmaker buddy of mine about how the Bills are now the betting favorites in Vegas to land Henry at 2/1 odds.  My immediate comment to him was to ask him if that is just because Beane freed up some cap space.  He said it's possible, but more likely Vegas at least heard or caught wind of something suggesting at least interest rather than just make that move over a small cap move.  

So take it with a grain of salt...but just found it interesting that in the same day Beane freed up cap space Vegas made the Bills the betting favorites to land him.  Did a quick google search to pull up the odds and found this link right away.  

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/buffalo-bills-trade-rumors-odds-derrick-henry-tennessee-titans#:~:text=Buffalo is granted a 33.3,(%2B300%2C 25 percent).

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 5

I wouldn’t hate it.  I don’t know if we can make the moves necessary to get the defense up to respectability with the all injuries. So why not just ram rod it down teams throats.  The Henry, Cook and Allen backfield would make teams have to respect the run which would definitely open up the deep stuff that teams have been playing to stop recently.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

I don’t know if it will be Henry or not, but I fully expect some movement before the deadline. I see this as the Beane and McD last gasp. If things go south, then the two of them might not be working together in the next couple months. Gotta make something happen. Can’t take those draft picks with you. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

For the last 3 years we are the betting odds to acquire all these big name guys and we literally never get any of them. Either this ***** is for entertainment purposes only and it just skews towards the fans of a team or Vegas is cleaning up on people overestimated the Bills aggression.  Team is out here bringing back Josh Norman 7 years after he washed….not giving up assets for guys that can help.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Are these real betting markets? I know they are quoting a betting firm in the article  … but can you really put a bet on this?

Just seems to be too much inside info .. his agent should be putting his house on this if he knows he is going there 

Edited by Aussie Joe

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

For the last 3 years we are the betting odds to acquire all these big name guys and we literally never get any of them. Either this ***** is for entertainment purposes only and it just skews towards the fans of a team or Vegas is cleaning up on people overestimated the Bills aggression.  Team is out here bringing back Josh Norman 7 years after he washed….not giving up assets for guys that can help.

Vegas knows us Bills’ fans are a sucker for these bets 😂😂😂… If any fan base is going to hype these rumors up, it’s us.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Interesting day over here...A buddy called me earlier today who has also been a source of some info in the past (for example he was the one who leaked the Rams vs Bills season opener last year to me a month early) and he just he heard some chatter potentially linking Bills and Henry today.  

I just got home right now from being out and about for a little bit running errands and I got a text from a bookmaker buddy of mine about how Derrick Henry is now the betting favorites in Vegas to land Henry at 2/1 odds.  My immediate comment to him was to ask him if that is just because Beane freed up some cap space.  He said it's possible, but more likely Vegas at least heard or caught wind of something suggesting at least interest rather than just make that move over a small cap move.  

So take it with a grain of salt...but just found it interesting that in the same day Beane freed up cap space Vegas made the Bills the betting favorites to land him.  Did a quick google search to pull up the odds and found this link right away.  

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/buffalo-bills-trade-rumors-odds-derrick-henry-tennessee-titans#:~:text=Buffalo is granted a 33.3,(%2B300%2C 25 percent).

thanks for sharing! 

8 minutes ago, BrooklynBills said:

It's actually not a bad idea. You probably aren't seeing anymore 2 high coverages with Henry on the field. I don't hate it.

This. Defenses are not scared of James Cook. Henry though…..nightmare!

For the life of me I don’t understand why fans aren’t excited by imagining Josh and Henry in the same backfield.

whether Dorsey could come up with run pass options to really take advantage of defenses is another story

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Is that you Dorsey?

play to the skills you have. If Henry is in your stable, change!!! 

You mean like playing to the skills of their elite QB? This sounds like the Doug Whaley team building strategy- Get whatever good players you can find and hope the coaches can figure out a way to make it work.

Edited by vincec
  • Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I just got home right now from being out and about for a little bit running errands and I got a text from a bookmaker buddy of mine about how Derrick Henry is now the betting favorites in Vegas to land Henry at 2/1 odds.  My immediate comment to him was to ask him if that is just because Beane freed up some cap space.  He said it's possible, but more likely Vegas at least heard or caught wind of something suggesting at least interest rather than just make that move over a small cap move.  

Does your buddy work in media or?

how’d he find out about the Rams game early

33 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Thanks Alpha!

This has McD fingerprints all over it-he wants to sustain a balanced/ball control offense.  No better way than a top tier RB who almost automatically gives 3 yards per touch, at minimum.

I wouldn't love the move, because I place WR2 at a higher need/impact.  But Cook has never been a workhorse type back, still think he's better used with 5-10 carries and 5+ catches per game.

In theory, it opens up the passing game/far less 2 high safeties.  Perhaps that gets Gabe useful again, and/or more intermediate targets for Kincaid and others.

I'd also not be surprised if we reached out to Tenn on other guys.  They are definitely "sellers" right now, they'd have a few pieces that'd immediately help us.

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Absolutely hate the idea 

It would be hilarious. Try to be the 2019 titans with an older Henry and worse OL.

Would demonstrate a complete fundamental misunderstanding with the problems with this offensive roster, which means it makes total sense lol

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, FireChans said:

It would be hilarious. Try to be the 2019 titans with an older Henry and worse OL.

Would demonstrate a complete fundamental misunderstanding with the problems with this offensive roster, which means it makes total sense lol

I could see McD thinking the Bills could ground and pound their way out of this mess..

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Every time the ball is in Derrick Henry's hands instead of Mahomes or Allens is a win for the defense

Wrong. If your offense has both an elite QB and elite RB, it’s a win for the offense every play

it also allows you to really attack teams based on whether their pass D or run D is weak

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.