Bills now Vegas betting favorites to land Derrick Henry

Alphadawg7

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:
8 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Every time the ball is in Derrick Henry's hands instead of Mahomes or Allens is a win for the defense

Wrong. If your offense has both an elite QB and elite RB, it’s a win for the offense every play

McDorsey would put Henry in at Safety!

seriously. Henry would be a great add but I’ve lost all confidence in OC managing team

• Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

thanks for sharing! 

This. Defenses are not scared of James Cook. Henry though…..nightmare!

For the life of me I don’t understand why fans aren’t excited by imagining Josh and Henry in the same backfield.

whether Dorsey could come up with run pass options to really take advantage of defenses is another story

Exactly.  If it’s for a 4th or 5th round pick who cares - we’re better immediately on O.

Those struggles inside the 10?  Allen and Henry to deal with.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

thanks for sharing! 

This. Defenses are not scared of James Cook. Henry though…..nightmare!

For the life of me I don’t understand why fans aren’t excited by imagining Josh and Henry in the same backfield.

whether Dorsey could come up with run pass options to really take advantage of defenses is another story

Well because Josh doesn’t run anymore?

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Im not proposing anything here...just sharing info.  

Interesting day over here...A buddy called me earlier today who has also been a source of some info in the past (for example he was the one who leaked the Rams vs Bills season opener last year to me a month early) and he just he heard some chatter potentially linking Bills and Henry today.  

I just got home right now from being out and about for a little bit running errands and I got a text from a bookmaker buddy of mine about how Derrick Henry is now the betting favorites in Vegas to land Henry at 2/1 odds.  My immediate comment to him was to ask him if that is just because Beane freed up some cap space.  He said it's possible, but more likely Vegas at least heard or caught wind of something suggesting at least interest rather than just make that move over a small cap move.  

So take it with a grain of salt...but just found it interesting that in the same day Beane freed up cap space Vegas made the Bills the betting favorites to land him.  Did a quick google search to pull up the odds and found this link right away.  

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/buffalo-bills-trade-rumors-odds-derrick-henry-tennessee-titans#:~:text=Buffalo is granted a 33.3,(%2B300%2C 25 percent).

That would suck. Now we can run him from the gun with the HB draw. Derrick is someone who needs a full head of steam. Our offense doesn’t really match well with his talents 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

That would suck. Now we can run him from the gun with the HB draw. Derrick is someone who needs a full head of steam. Our offense doesn’t really match well with his talents 

Not true. I just posted a video above of his highlights torching the Bengals in week 4 and almost every run was from shotgun. 

• Like (+1) 2

Henry is a good player.  Is he a player we need that will turn this offense around?  No.  But, if for some reason we were to bring him in, he would have a spot and could help us.  We do see our share of lighter boxes because teams worry about defending the pass.  While Cook is a good back, he is not going to punish guys up the middle.  Not to mention, his pass protection has been atrocious.  Henry, just by being on the field as an option, discourages teams from taking that extra defender out of the box which could open some things up in the intermediate areas.  I just wish Henry was a better pass catcher, though.  But the cap hit would be minimal and we can never have enough good players.  Maybe try to get Henry and D-Hop in a package deal.

• Like (+1) 1

I wouldn’t hate it, seems like the Bills really want an effective play action game this year and Henry would help that.

But I think Hopkins and especially Jeffrey Simmons make more sense. I’m no capologist but I believe Henry is still owed about $6.8 million for the rest of the year. Compare that to Hopkins whose total base salary for the year was $1.2 million and Simmons base is only $1.3 million this year (his big money kicks in next year). Not sure when they say everyone is available that they mean Simmons too. But maybe the conversations we are having with the Titans are being speculated for Henry but actually involving one of those players at a greater area of need? Who knows

15 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Would be lying If I said I didn't notice everyone of those came from shotgun

if we insist on running those plays….may as well be him getting it

15 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He works for an NFL team.  I do have multiple sources in sports media too though, including my wife :) 

awesome now you have my hopes up hahaha

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LEBills said:

I wouldn’t hate it, seems like the Bills really want an effective play action game this year and Henry would help that.

But I think Hopkins and especially Jeffrey Simmons make more sense. I’m no capologist but I believe Henry is still owed about $6.8 million for the rest of the year. Compare that to Hopkins whose total base salary for the year was $1.2 million and Simmons base is only $1.3 million this year (his big money kicks in next year). Not sure when they say everyone is available that they mean Simmons too. But maybe the conversations we are having with the Titans are being speculated for Henry but actually involving one of those players at a greater area of need? Who knows

Jeffrey Simmons would instantaneously fix everything on this defense.   Just like how if Daquan Jones didn’t go down, we probably dominate the Pats Offense. Not just because of the talent at 1T but because of what it does for LB and Coverage.

No clue how we’re affording his contract in future years, but we do need a 1T for future years.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Let's go for it...make it an NHL type trade:  DHop, Simmons and Henry

Give us your best and we'll give you our worst, I mean: Gabe, Elam, and a 2nd

Kidding aside, I do think DHop makes a ton of sense at the lower cap hit.

Just now, SCBills said:

Jeffrey Simmons would instantaneously fix everything on this defense.   Just like how if Daquan Jones didn’t go down, we probably dominate the Pats Offense. Not just because of the talent at 1T but because of what it does for LB and Coverage.

No clue how we’re affording his contract in future years, but we do need a 1T for future years.  

for the last time….

Simmons signed a 4 year 94 mil deal in the spring. Titans would take an insane dead cap hit if he was traded.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nephilim17 said:

Would he put us over the top? No. But only a fool would say we wouldn't be a better team.

If the cap hit and compensation are low I wouldn't be opposed to it. But yes, a 1B receiver would be ideal — but is that feasible?

In theory, we could acquire both Henry & Hopkins if Titans eat around 3 million of Henry’s remaning $ for the year.

Hopkins is less than a 2 Million hit against the cap for rest of season

I haven’t looked at Hollywood Brown’s $ but his speed is something we could use at WR

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Yea Simmons and a healthy Oliver would help our defense immensely.

We are going to see a huge overhaul of expensive contracts being released this upcoming offseason so Simmons contract wouldn’t be difficult to accommodate in future years imo.

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

In theory, we could acquire both Henry & Hopkins if Titans eat around 3 million of Henry’s remaning $ for the year.

Hopkins is less than a 2 Million hit against the cap for rest of season

I haven’t looked at Hollywood Brown’s $ but his speed is something we could use at WR

That's pretty damn interesting, Henry and Hopkins...

So what would you give up for that? I'd say, given that Henry appears to be an FA next year and Hopkins seems to have a 2024 year (but the Titans have to eat a lot of dead cap) and I could be WAY off base, but I'd give up...

a 2nd, a 3rd, Davis (not sure if he holds value).

Or... A 2nd, and Cook. Just off the top of my head. Don't want to lose a 1st but those two guys would make us very dangerous.

In theory.

18 minutes ago, LEBills said:

I raised this earlier in the thread….It’s these important details that a lot of people here don’t seem to think about… just get him in here …

2 hours ago, astb41 said:

DEF has tons of injuries, mac jones torches DEF to win game, trade for RB.  This seems like a logical order of events.

It does if teams offenses can’t get on the field and control the TOP. Cook isn’t physical enough to make teams stop with 2 deep safeties. That immediately changes with Henry in the backfield. Since Knox is hurt and basically not doing much this season anyways, we likely move away from 2 TE sets. Which means we leave Kincaid in as a true route runner in 1 TE sets and have 2RBs in the backfield, Cook and Henry, and send Cook out into the flat or running routes. Teams won’t know if we are passing or running and can’t play 2 deep with Henry on the field. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.