Twitter - Josh, Von called players only meeting (reporter also mentioned possibility at McD presser)

BillsFan619

This is the “We better come together now or we will all lose as individuals” talk.   

I am sure there is a crisis in faith being felt.  But technically they are not eliminated from anything so they should stop feeling sorry for themselves and go beat the tar out of Tampa and have a long week to recover.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

ACL and if he cannot play why is he Not still on the PUP? 

and I don’t care what Von USED to do. I care what he has done since signing a 100M contract with the Bills 

It's hard to assess how he's coming back when functionally none of our DE did ***** yesterday, notice you glossed over that.

Obviously we need him to play well under the contract he was given, that wasn't what this was about and you ***** know that.

This was about what he could bring to this meeting and his experience is absolutely an asset, if you want to B word and moan about his injury and contract maybe make or probably find the thread specifically about that, oh look here it is took me 2 seconds.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Von has no business calling that meeting right now. Players who contribute should. A contract doesn't make you a leader and he sucks on the field right now 

Ehh sorry.  You dont know, I dont know, it might be totally in "his domain", we are not in the locker room.

Form what I can tell Von carries a LOT of credibility with teammates and his career speaks for itself.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Not a fan of the players only meeting. Usually just a sign of team in crisis, versus any kind of prescription for what ails.  

21 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Who's scheduled to be the Legend of the Game? Can he coach? 🤔

Even if he could, he wouldn't be able to call plays on about 1/3 of the field.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Typically that's because it usually happens on bad teams.  You can't make players become more talented.  You can get players on the same page if you think things might be a little disjointed and take ownership of making things right tho.

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2022/11/19/23465240/detroit-lions-defensive-success-catalyst-players-only-meeting-reacts-survey

Exactly. 

They've had these before.

It's not that big a deal.

People in this thread are -- surprise, surprise -- overreacting and making this seem like a bigger deal than it is.

Would folks rather that the players DIDN'T feel some urgency and take it upon themselves to assert some leadership and try to right the ship?

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

It's hard to assess how he's coming back when functionally none of our DE did ***** yesterday, notice you glossed over that.

Obviously we need him to play well under the contract he was given, that wasn't what this was about and you ***** know that.

This was about what he could bring to this meeting and his experience is absolutely an asset, if you want to B word and moan about his injury and contract maybe make or probably find the thread specifically about that, oh look here it is took me 2 seconds.

I did notice his 6 plays. You are correct I did notice those. So glad he is active though who needs that roster spot. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, 14774 said:

Pffft, Von Miller 🤦‍♂️ Old, washed-up, overpaid loudmouth. 

2 time SuperBowl champion, SuperBowl MVP, future HOFer, and a guy who has worked his @ss off to join his brothers on the field after an ACL tear less than a year ago... yeah he deserves no respect from his teammates.

I really try to remain civil here, but your take is ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Probably wondering how they can dump Dorsey without actually coming out and saying it

or instead of blaming Dorsey, they'll look at the interception on the first offensive play of the game, the drop on 4th down, the OPI to negate a TD, the missed FG... , maybe the coaching needs to improve, but the players are making way too many critical mistakes each game.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Isn’t Tuesday their day off? Somebody's gonna be pissed! LOL I just remembered they play on Thursday...my bad!

Not a normal week.  They practice tomorrow so just before practice.  I’ve found in business this sometimes works.  My co managers when in mgmt in device was a lack of trust what would happen.  I had great Lieutenant talent.  It worked for me and they stopped the witching when the company placed an over the top quota increase.  They beat the odds and my closest guys told me they purged the witching.  We ended up 9 months later the #1 team in the nation and all credit to them.

von is a natural leader as well as Josh.  I think it’s needed.  If it doesn’t, we didn’t lose anything.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

ACL and if he cannot play why is he Not still on the PUP? 

and I don’t care what Von USED to do. I care what he has done since signing a 100M contract with the Bills 

Coming off an ACL it makes no sense to expect him to be back to his normal self immediately.  

Have you ever played sports? It just doesn't work like that...players need to get into game action and ramp up and get back to game speed.  Thinking he is going to just come back and be the same player he was last year before the injury is mind boggling since we se this all the time with players and virtually all the time they need at least half a year if not a year to get back to themselves...except if your name is Adrian Peterson.

• Dislike 1

43 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Von has no business calling that meeting right now. Players who contribute should. A contract doesn't make you a leader and he sucks on the field right now 

He does suck right now but that's not fair.

He's a 70 year old man fresh off a major injury. One of the benefits of Von is this type of thing, and we should get all the value we can out of that contract right now.

I'm not exactly expecting a big turnaround this year, but it's possible. These types of meetings can have a catalyst effect at times, and stranger things have happened.

My only hope is what if we're like the 07 Giants. They started way worse and most fans were calling for a house cleaning (it was big talk in my hometown as Couglin is from there and his family still lived there). Everyone wrote them off. And then they took down Goliath in the SB and it was glorious. We have the talent. The only thing I'm afraid of is they won that year on the backs of their DL. Ours WAS amazing for awhile but they are banged up now. And it doesn't look like daquan makes it back this year at all. We're gonna have to make it on the backs of Allen and Diggs. They ARE good enough but they have to do it, and quick.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

Not a normal week.  They practice tomorrow so just before practice.  I’ve found in business this sometimes works.  My co managers when in mgmt in device was a lack of trust what would happen.  I had great Lieutenant talent.  It worked for me and they stopped the witching when the company placed an over the top quota increase.  They beat the odds and my closest guys told me they purged the witching.  We ended up 9 months later the #1 team in the nation and all credit to them.

von is a natural leader as well as Josh.  I think it’s needed.  If it doesn’t, we didn’t lose anything.

I have read this multiple times and I have no idea what you are talking about.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Bad take.

Von is a slam dunk, guaranteed first ballot HOF’er with two Super Bowl rings. If he has any value to this team post ACL injury this is it.

Getting lots of sacks and rushing for lots of yards don’t make somebody a leader. No different than at work where being a good salesman doesn’t make you a good manager.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Coming off an ACL it makes no sense to expect him to be back to his normal self immediately.  

Have you ever played sports? It just doesn't work like that...players need to get into game action and ramp up and get back to game speed.  Thinking he is going to just come back and be the same player he was last year before the injury is mind boggling since we se this all the time with players and virtually all the time they need at least half a year if not a year to get back to themselves...except if your name is Adrian Peterson.

THEN WHY IS HE ACTIVE TAKING A ROSTER SPOT WHEN YOUR DEFENSE IS DECIMATED BY INJURY?

yes I have played sports before and I never had an ego enough to hurt my team by rushing back. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I think Von can speak to a similar situation, where the Denver Broncos had an aging Peyton Manning, Brock Osweiler had to come in to relieve him from bad play/injury and they had a couple of shaky moments in the middle of the season. That team rallied, the defense really clamped down and they ended up winning the Super Bowl as an underdog.

Sure Von's play isn't all that on the field right now as he gets himself right, but that experience speaks volumes to a team that could have folded in the face of an offense that looked DOA after it became obvious that Peyton could no longer push the ball down the field.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.