Twitter - Josh, Von called players only meeting (reporter also mentioned possibility at McD presser)

BillsFan619

1 hour ago, BillsFan619 said:

If true, hopefully it’s a proactive approach that brings the team together.

You can right this ship just like you did in 2021.

It started with the Bucs in 2021, it can start with them again this year. Go Bills!

Credit to @Pine Barrens Mafia for posting this first in the weekly thread.

About time figured this was gonna be needed

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

Sean McDermott said he does not have the answers. Maybe the players are meeting to see if any of them have the answers.

Can't believe McD responded in press conference by saying he wish he knew! Are you kidding me? This is the leader!

9 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

I hope the meeting was process sanctioned 

I don't

42 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I think you are just mad, an angry, bitter man.

The answer is very simple he's lost.

46 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

THEN WHY IS HE ACTIVE TAKING A ROSTER SPOT WHEN YOUR DEFENSE IS DECIMATED BY INJURY?

yes I have played sports before and I never had an ego enough to hurt my team by rushing back. 

40 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yeah sure I guess you are fine with Von and 6 snaps 

36 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So again WHAT has Von Miller given the Bills 

Feels like all of these would fit better in here.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

They've had these before.

It's not that big a deal.

People in this thread are -- surprise, surprise -- overreacting and making this seem like a bigger deal than it is.

Would folks rather that the players DIDN'T feel some urgency and take it upon themselves to assert some leadership and try to right the ship?  

the dramatic me thinks there will be vents and rants and bickering Throw some chairs Yo.  Let the guys in the trenches speak up and if any lingering baloney exists SPILL THE TEA

. The more hopeful me thinks that people will speak their minds and come to some consensus they then report back to the Coaches in charge.  If McDermott doesn't know how to fix issues then the players need to for do a serious gut check and even some soul searching  as professional athletes.

The realistic me thinks it may be a combination of the two and what is said stays IN HOUSE. But we see results and a renewed vigor ON THE FIELD 

Von has provided very little in the way of results since he's been here. Yes, he may have provided a spark or some hope of things to come initially, but hes been a big disappointment. I definitely have some buyers remorse now. TBH DaQuan makes this D-line go, when him and Oliver are in we're solid, we have a nice rotation @ DE with Groot, AJ, Floyd and Shaq. Id like to resign Floyd and maybe upgrade Shaq but Von worries me at this point and moving forward. That money probably shoulda been used to upgrade the O/WR imho (in hindsight).

I will never forget after the Giants game Josh told the defense, the offense let them down and it needed to change.

Josh comes out the next game and throws an INT on first play.

Josh is all talk, no action.  His mind has been elsewhere for about 2 years now.  The KC playoff game propelled him into a tier of celebrity status that he has fallen in love with more than the game.

• Disagree 2
  • Dislike 1

I'm calling a posters only meeting to get on the same page on the following topics:

- Is McDermott on the hot seat? Has he "lost the team?"

- Is Josh depressed, losing his religion, missing his ex-gf, or just actually reviewing his play/film via the tablet on the sideline?

- Is Von "washed?"

- Can Cook break a tackle?

- Do we have a Bass problem?

- Is Gabe Davis a WR2, low end WR1, or really a WR4?

- Is Dorsey an idiot? Also, does he have a Cluster B personality disorder?

- Should we bring back Taiwan Jones?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Von has no business calling that meeting right now. Players who contribute should. A contract doesn't make you a leader and he sucks on the field right now 

Yeah, how dare players listen to 2 time super bowl winner, super bowl mvp and one of the greatest to every play the game

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

11 minutes ago, babulator said:

Von has provided very little in the way of results since he's been here. Yes, he may have provided a spark or some hope of things to come initially, but hes been a big disappointment. I definitely have some buyers remorse now. TBH DaQuan makes this D-line go, when him and Oliver are in we're solid, we have a nice rotation @ DE with Groot, AJ, Floyd and Shaq. Id like to resign Floyd and maybe upgrade Shaq but Von worries me at this point and moving forward. That money probably shoulda been used to upgrade the O/WR imho (in hindsight).

This is nothing but recency bias. He was playing really well before he got injured last year, AND Groot was playing better because if it. You’re angry he got activated probably before he should have, I get that but people really weren’t saying this before his injury. He impacted several games last season

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Sure. Why not? Let’s pretend Von is on PUP this week. Feel better now?

What a very weird thing to be focused on in this conversation.  

Cool now where was his Roster replacement? 

sorry you shill for a guy that has done squat as a Bills but hey do you. 

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

Yeah, how dare players listen to 2 time super bowl winner, super bowl mvp and one of the greatest to every play the game

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

7 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

I'm calling a posters only meeting to get on the same page on the following topics:

- Is McDermott on the hot seat? Has he "lost the team?"

- Is Josh depressed, losing his religion, missing his ex-gf, or just actually reviewing his play/film via the tablet on the sideline?

- Is Von "washed?"

- Can Cook break a tackle?

- Do we have a Bass problem?

- Is Gabe Davis a WR2, low end WR1, or really a WR4?

- Is Dorsey an idiot? Also, does he have a Cluster B personality disorder?

- Should we bring back Taiwan Jones?

No

No

Yes

Yes

No

Yes

Never

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Cool now where was his Roster replacement? 

sorry you shill for a guy that has done squat as a Bills but hey do you. 

Von is a HoF player coming off of a second ACL surgery at 34. His career is likely over.

Shill? I don’t know what I am a shill for. 

This topic is about the team having a players meeting. Von has some value in that setting.

His contract sucks, but there is a space for him in this scenario to provide value. 

I don’t know why you feel the need to be so aggressive and disrespectful. You’re carrying on a conversation that actually isn’t the topic at hand. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

Hope it works, but usually calling a players only meeting is a bad sign lmao

its early in the season for this and if they lose thursday there is nowhere else to turn.

This as you said though is usually the start of a bunch of bad things....which honestly everything has been bad since  white went down late in the dolphins game.  Its been one thing after another.  

Just now, ChrisWatson#21 said:

The script calls for the Bills to get hot at the end of the season.  They won the key divisional game against Miami.  I'm not worried at all.

we will not have the team that beat the dolphins again this season.  The middle of the defense has been gutted and the top corner is gone which will be huge next time they play miami.  

We have seen it two weeks in a row already.  The giants and bills just ran straight ahead and the bills couldn't stop it in their base defense until they had to change to stop it.  With jones and milano the were able to stop that stuff in their base D.  

This defense just played two horrible qb's and they both had this defense clinging for life all game.  When this team plays Cincy, KC, Philly, Dallas and miami again they might get blown out because of the deficiency in the middle of the defense and the quality of those teams running games and offensive lines.  

I was waiting to see how teams would attack this defense now and we saw it two weeks in a row from two horrible offenses, they dictated the game up front.  Throw in whatever is wrong on offense and now teams that in the past that would take high risk plays on third and fourth down are just playing it safe because they know buffalo cant score because something is wrong.  

It just feels like because of the defense though the bottom could potentially fall out here.  They have to win thursday and then over the break figure out the problem on offense. Hopefully they make some sort of trade to help either at WR, CB or DT.  They have that extra 3 so this is the year to use it.

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

Hope it works, but usually calling a players only meeting is a bad sign lmao

I would love to know the final record of teams after these so-called player-only meetings, so I asked Google Bard. Of course they waffled and said there are many factors in play, but they did have these 2 examples:

“That said, there are some examples of teams that have had successful players-only meetings and gone on to improve their records. For example, in 2018, the Indianapolis Colts held a players-only meeting after starting the season with a 1-5 record. The Colts went on to win 8 of their next 10 games and make the playoffs.

Another example is the 2020 Cleveland Browns. After starting the season with a 2-6 record, the Browns held a players-only meeting. The Browns went on to win 5 of their last 6 games and finish the season with a 11-5 record.”

3 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

I would love to know the final record of teams after these so-called player-only meetings, so I asked Google Bard. Of course they waffled and said there are many factors in play, but they did have these 2 examples:

“That said, there are some examples of teams that have had successful players-only meetings and gone on to improve their records. For example, in 2018, the Indianapolis Colts held a players-only meeting after starting the season with a 1-5 record. The Colts went on to win 8 of their next 10 games and make the playoffs.

Another example is the 2020 Cleveland Browns. After starting the season with a 2-6 record, the Browns held a players-only meeting. The Browns went on to win 5 of their last 6 games and finish the season with a 11-5 record.”

results are skewed because they usually happen on teams that have no talent, but it's an "attempt" to salvage something.  Hard to make much a difference when your players can't play well tho.  Likely different results on teams with talent that need a kick in the ass.

43 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

This is nothing but recency bias. He was playing really well before he got injured last year, AND Groot was playing better because if it. You’re angry he got activated probably before he should have, I get that but people really weren’t saying this before his injury. He impacted several games last season

I'm not angry, but do have buyers remorse. As for the recency bias, yes, Von had flashed, but availability is a players best ability. Had he not been injured I'm sure I'd feel different, and he'd have produced more results and we'd all be happy, but thats just not how the cards unfolded. I feel like we gambled on the shiny toy and lost, and thats just sometimes how the cookie crumbles. Thats not a knock on him as a person, thats just reality.

47 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

we will not have the team that beat the dolphins again this season.  The middle of the defense has been gutted and the top corner is gone which will be huge next time they play miami.  

We have seen it two weeks in a row already.  The giants and bills just ran straight ahead and the bills couldn't stop it in their base defense until they had to change to stop it.  With jones and milano the were able to stop that stuff in their base D.  

This defense just played two horrible qb's and they both had this defense clinging for life all game.  When this team plays Cincy, KC, Philly, Dallas and miami again they might get blown out because of the deficiency in the middle of the defense and the quality of those teams running games and offensive lines.  

I was waiting to see how teams would attack this defense now and we saw it two weeks in a row from two horrible offenses, they dictated the game up front.  Throw in whatever is wrong on offense and now teams that in the past that would take high risk plays on third and fourth down are just playing it safe because they know buffalo cant score because something is wrong.  

It just feels like because of the defense though the bottom could potentially fall out here.  They have to win thursday and then over the break figure out the problem on offense. Hopefully they make some sort of trade to help either at WR, CB or DT.  They have that extra 3 so this is the year to use it.

The defense is what it is at the moment. They looked good this year until they caught the injury bug (again).

The offense will have to carry the load. All the defense has to not be a disaster and get the occasional timely turn over here and there. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.