Twitter - Josh, Von called players only meeting (reporter also mentioned possibility at McD presser)

BillsFan619

If true, hopefully it’s a proactive approach that brings the team together.

You can right this ship just like you did in 2021.

It started with the Bucs in 2021, it can start with them again this year. Go Bills!

Credit to @Pine Barrens Mafia for posting this first in the weekly thread.

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 14
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I was hoping we'd see a "player's only" kind of meeting.

People can roll their eyes, but this kind of thing HAS worked.  It can really clear the air on a lot of stuff, and hopefully the guys can get back to playing a little more loose, and having more fun out there.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 1

They do this in other sports all the time. Sometimes players need to say things without the authority figures in the room. This happened this morning. Diggs' IG story about turning the page and getting back to work probably was posted after the meeting. I think it was just to get everyone to flush that loss and get focused on what they can control.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, That's No Moon said:

Von has no business calling that meeting right now. Players who contribute should. A contract doesn't make you a leader and he sucks on the field right now 

Future HOF. I am sure Von has the respect of the players in the locker-room. 

• Like (+1) 20
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 16
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Von has no business calling that meeting right now. Players who contribute should. A contract doesn't make you a leader and he sucks on the field right now 

So the only guy who actually has a super bowl ring should be in the background of a players only meeting?

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Good.  Somebody has to be in charge and put his foot down.  Enough of this ess.  The Eagles did us a huge, enormous favor last night.  Time to get right and get the train back on the tracks.   And, if that doesn’t work, time to throw some people off of the train and shake it up a bit. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Hope it works, but usually calling a players only meeting is a bad sign lmao

Typically that's because it usually happens on bad teams.  You can't make players become more talented.  You can get players on the same page if you think things might be a little disjointed and take ownership of making things right tho.

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2022/11/19/23465240/detroit-lions-defensive-success-catalyst-players-only-meeting-reacts-survey

• Like (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Shouldn’t Von actually make a play first before calling for anything? 

Yes, yes we're all talking ***** on Von right now, I didn't realize Groot, Floyd, and Epenesa were also recovering from an achiles yesterday though.

Seriously everyone is going to keep saying this same stupid thing as if Von isn't a HOF SB winning experienced player who maybe even if he is losing a step does still have applicable advice in this kind of meeting. I'm going to throw something through a ***** window.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Yes, yes we're all talking ***** on Von right now, I didn't realize Groot, Floyd, and Epenesa were also recovering from an achiles yesterday though.

Seriously everyone is going to keep saying this same stupid thing as if Von isn't a HOF SB winning experienced player who maybe even if he is losing a step does still have applicable advice in this kind of meeting. I'm going to throw something through a ***** window.

ACL and if he cannot play why is he Not still on the PUP? 

and I don’t care what Von USED to do. I care what he has done since signing a 100M contract with the Bills 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.