Twitter - Josh, Von called players only meeting (reporter also mentioned possibility at McD presser)

BillsFan619

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

THEN WHY IS HE ACTIVE TAKING A ROSTER SPOT WHEN YOUR DEFENSE IS DECIMATED BY INJURY?

Exactly! If he was a leader he'd do what's best for the team, sit out until he's ready. Instead, it's his usual "look at me".

THEN WHY IS HE ACTIVE TAKING A ROSTER SPOT WHEN YOUR DEFENSE IS DECIMATED BY INJURY?

Exactly! If he was a leader he'd do what's best for the team, sit out until he's ready. Instead, it's his usual "look at me".

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Von Miller? Don’t you have to actually PLAY to call a player’s only meeting? Seeing as how he’s played about as much as I have this season I’m thinking of calling one myself. How’s Wednesday morning sound for everyone? 😉

You act like the Bills don't respect him, like we respect your spot on takes 🤣

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

• Vomit 1

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

yes I have played sports before and I never had an ego enough to hurt my team by rushing back. 

Uhh...because unless he gets up to speed he won't be of use to them later in the year when they need him?  This isn't that hard.  He isn't being rushed back, if anything they played it safe.  This is part of the normal process every player on every team goes thru.  Should be common sense by now from seeing these over 20+ years of these injuries, but it seems not to be, which is kinda mind boggling actually that people still don't know how this actually works.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

40 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

ACL and if he cannot play why is he Not still on the PUP? 

and I don’t care what Von USED to do. I care what he has done since signing a 100M contract with the Bills 

Sack numbers don’t equal leadership and experience. Von’s contract aside he’s a valuable voice in the locker room. I can’t believe people think total tackles from a HoF coming off of IR should have any impact on whether he talks to guys about staying locked in. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, That's No Moon said:

Von has no business calling that meeting right now. Players who contribute should. A contract doesn't make you a leader and he sucks on the field right now 

I disagree, if he uses the meeting to hold himself accountable with his teammates. It all depends on the angle he goes with.

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I have read this multiple times and I have no idea what you are talking about.

Meaning my sales team in a highly competitive space was getting killed in the beginning of the year.  We had just done fantastic the year before.  They were frustrated, and needed to talk.  I had guys on my sales team who asked for a players only meeting as they might inhibited with me on the call.

I told them to do it against my peers in mgmt as I trust my team.  They talked it out because the quotas increase was ridiculous.  They cam out not making excuses, took responsibility, and then refocused the rest of the year.  We were the #1 team in the nation in the year when we started 28th out if 28.  I had trust my peer leaders and it worked.  They put a stop to the witching and they were better.  They could do it, just needed a come to Jesus with each other.  I have no dea what was said, but they had such focus.

All of these guys are six or multiple six figure people.  They needed a peer to peer kick in the ars from their own.  Does that clarify?  I was trying to the point with the right peer leadership, not McD, they may be able to pull themselves out of this as so much is on execution.  It’s not all Dorsey.  That’s just too easy of an excuse, not that he doesn’t deserve blame.

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Uhh...because unless he gets up to speed he won't be of use to them later in the year when they need him?  This isn't that hard.  He isn't being rushed back, if anything they played it safe.  This is part of the normal process every player on every team goes thru.  Should be common sense by now from seeing these over 20+ years of these injuries, but it seems not to be, which is kinda mind boggling actually that people still don't know how this actually works.

So Practice. But hey all good you are fine with someone “getting up to speed” when you have a unit decimated by injury that really could use that roster spot. But hey it’s all good because Von won with other teams 

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

Sack numbers don’t equal leadership and experience. Von’s contract aside he’s a valuable voice in the locker room. I can’t believe people think total tackles from a HoF coming off of IR should have any impact on whether he talks to guys about staying locked in. 

Could Von call this players meeting from the PuP?  Did he needs to be activated for 50 snaps over 3 weeks to be able to call a players only meeting?  Does PuP also take his “leadership” and “valuable voice” away? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jlgarsh said:

I disagree, if he uses the meeting to hold himself accountable with his teammates. It all depends on the angle he goes with.

You taking bets? If he was really a leader he'd have grabbed one of the younger guys to lead it and told the younger guy specifically to call him out in the meeting.

Why didn't Milano call it? Nobody would argue with his credibility with the team. The answer is simple, he's not contributing on the field. Neither is Von.

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So Practice. But hey all good you are fine with someone “getting up to speed” when you have a unit decimated by injury that really could use that roster spot. But hey it’s all good because Von won with other teams 

Stay clueless my friend.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Could Von call this players meeting from the PuP?  Did he needs to be activated for 50 snaps over 3 weeks to be able to call a players only meeting?  Does PuP also take his “leadership” and “valuable voice” away? 

Sure. Why not? Let’s pretend Von is on PUP this week. Feel better now?

What a very weird thing to be focused on in this conversation.  

Von Miller and Josh Allen called this meeting because they are the two primary captains on the team. You know, the dudes with the gold "C" on their jerseys. That is voted on by the team at the end of training camp. I would assume that the other captains also participated in running the meeting. I could almost hear Diggs yelling from Cincinnati.

Edited by FrenchConnection

4 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

He did... it's called winning the Lombardi Trophy TWICE and being chosen Super Bowl MVP, more than any active Buffalo Bills player has ever done.

BINGO.  Something that is ignored by any Bills fan who can't bear Von's positive approach because it exposes their own misery 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

This team is mentally weak and fragile.  Josh Allen’s curse is that he plays exactly as good as whoever he is playing against.   

If this is the case then the back half of the season is going to be awesome!

18 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

It’s a football team Blitz. It’s not life or death. At some point you begin to realize that we, the fans, care one heck of a lot more than this roster and coaching staff does. 

I think there’s a lot of truth to this actually.

12 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Von Miller and Josh Allen called this meeting because they are the two primary captains on the team. You know, the dudes with the gold "C" on their jerseys. That is voted on by the team at the end of training camp. I would assume that the other captains also participated in running the meeting. I could almost hear Diggs yelling from Cincinnati.

It's silly that he was picked as a Captain this year, starting out on IR. A typical popularity contest.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.